The health of the child must be taken care of from the first days of his birth. The body of the baby is particularly susceptible to colds.
And while immunity is getting stronger and forming, parents are forced to find a way out of the situation. With viral infections, modern pediatricians recommend inhalation therapy with a nebulizer.
A nebulizer is a device used to treat cough in children. It has a double effect: accelerates the healing process and does not entail any side effects. According to some pediatricians, the first symptoms of the disease begin to disappear already at the first session.
But the maximum effect occurs in 2-3 days with proper treatment and compliance with all the recommendations of the doctor.
The nebulizer breaks the medicine down to the smallest particles that penetrate directly into the diseased organ even into the deepest parts of the respiratory system.
- suitable for the smallest;
- easy to use at home;
- has no side effects;
- accelerates the process of treatment;
- penetrates deep parts of the respiratory system;
- serve for many years and is suitable for the whole family.
Nebulizer therapy will help in the treatment of bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). It will also ease the symptoms of acute respiratory viral infections by softening and moistening the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, improve sputum discharge when coughing.
The nebulizer is easy to use. However, do not forget the simple but important rules and recommendations.
- It is advisable to take care of the availability of funds at home in order to use it immediately if necessary and to prevent the development and spread of infection.
- Choosing a nebulizer for the child, pay attention to the device in the form of a toy. For example, the “Train” from the European brand B.Well will arouse the interest of the baby and facilitate the process of inhalation for the mother. Designed specifically for the treatment of diseases of the lower respiratory tract in children. The kit includes masks for babies, children and adults.
- Inhalation is recommended before meals.
- Avoid physical exertion immediately before treatment.
- Monitor the state of the baby, do not force to breathe actively.
- This inhaler can be used even when the baby is sleeping. Before use, carefully read the instructions. There are limitations.
- Prepare the medicinal solution according to the doctor’s prescriptions (nebulizers often have a minimum volume requirement of the drug – pay attention to this).
- For a baby, choose a mask, and an adult should use a mouthpiece for more intense inhalation.
- During the procedure, it is important to take a comfortable position in order not to be distracted, and to carry out treatment until the drug is fully consumed.
- The average duration of a single use is 5-15 minutes (Consider the residual amount of medication for each specific device).
- If the baby is hard to sit on the spot, turn on your favorite cartoon or distract reading books.
- After the procedure, rinse your mouth with boiled water, and if you used a mask, wash your face and eyes.
- All components of the device must be disinfected and dried according to the instructions.
- Do not self-medicate – medications and dosages should be prescribed ONLY by a DOCTOR!
The principle of operation of the steam inhaler is the delivery of drugs to the respiratory tract using water vapor. He helps with the first symptoms of a cold, when his nose is stuffed up, his throat is tingling.
However, for the treatment of the lower respiratory tract (bronchitis, COPD, pneumonia, tracheitis) a nebulizer is needed. Nebulizers break medicine into the smallest particles less than 5 microns, which penetrate deep into the respiratory tract.
Nebulizers are divided into ultrasonic devices (this is a budget option) and Mesh-nebulizers. The first type is compact, but has limitations on the use of drugs. The second is more expensive due to features such as noiselessness, efficiency, mobility.
The most inexpensive and optimal for home use are compressor devices.
Devices are electric mesh (mesh), ultrasonic and compressor. The main difference is the method of spraying drugs. According to most doctors, the compressor nebulizer is ideal for a home first-aid kit.
Perfect for treating the whole family. It has no restrictions on the types of drugs used for nebulizer therapy.
Included masks for children of any age and adults.