What is more natural – milk from the farm or from the supermarket? What is more useful – a carrot with a grandmother’s beds or from the market?
It would seem that the answer is obvious, moreover – the first option does not cause us any doubt. However, the difference may not be as big as we think.
No one will guarantee that the seeds your grandmother bought were not genetically modified, and the farmer did not treat the cow with antibiotics and did not use growth hormones. To find truly healthy and natural products, parents need to equip themselves with the correct guidelines.
Supporters of healthy eating usually prefer organic foods. But not always the inscription on the package reflects reality. For example, in our country there are no official canons for the production of environmentally friendly products.
And even the European mark of organic quality, EU BIO (“eurolist”) does not guarantee one hundred percent naturalness. Western organic farming regulations have strict requirements for growing plants and livestock, but they do not cover the production stage.
Yes, and pesticides in agriculture is used so much that many of them are simply not included in the list of prohibited by law. And this means that, according to European laws, insignificant amounts of pesticides are allowed in organic baby food.
The owners of HiPP became pioneers in the field of organic agriculture. More than 60 years ago, they abandoned chemicals and pesticides in their family farm.
Since then, HiPP baby food has been produced according to the company’s own standards, which turned out to be stricter than the state. Vegetables, fruits, milk and meat to the company’s factories supply 8,000 certified farmers engaged in organic farming. At the same time, they are controlled not only by the law: each batch of goods is sent to the company’s own laboratory, which is considered one of the leading in Europe.
At the production stage, control continues: the contents of each HiPP baby food can pass more than 260 quality checks. For all these reasons, the owners have come up with their own special mark of organic quality – HiPP ORGANIC *.
Interesting facts about organic farming
- A key indicator of “healthy” soil is a large colony of earthworms. So, on 1 square. meter of organic land, there are up to 500 pieces, and per square. Meter usual – no more than 18.
- For centuries chemical methods are used instead of chemical fertilizers: for example, clover is sown on “resting” fields, which enriches the earth with nitrogen.
- To fight pests, farmers attract their natural enemies to their fields – birds, useful insects and small animals.
- The carrot fly does not like onions, and the Colorado potato beetle hates mint and cumin: these plants are planted in beds with vegetables specifically.
* The best food for an infant is breast milk. Before the introduction of lure, consult with a specialist. Complementary food with fruit (vegetable) puree HiPP is designed for children over 4 months old, food with grain non-dairy porridge HiPP is intended for children over 4 months old, food for meat puree HiPP is intended for children over 6 months old.
Carefully study the age of administration indicated on the product.