1. To begin with, to create in the nursery the microclimate necessary for sleep. After ventilation, the air temperature in the room should be in the range of 18–21 ° C. Now blind the windows or close the blinds on them – the extra light will disturb the baby.
In the evening in the room you can leave only the night light. Listen, do not hear loud noises to the nursery, for example, from the next rooms.
The noise level acceptable for a sleeping baby is a loud lullaby.
2. Prepare the crib: check how the mattress lies. It must exactly fit the size of the crib and fit snugly against its walls, so that the baby’s head, hand or foot do not accidentally end up in this opening. And the mattress itself should be smooth and elastic.
3. Another important point – the width of the gaps between the gratings of the walls of the bed. They should not be less than 2.5 cm, so that the child does not get stuck between them, and not more than 6 cm, so that the baby’s foot does not fall down.
Cotton прикреп bumpers ’can be attached to the wooden slats of the bed from the sides and at the head of the bed. They will help to solve several problems: they will save the crumb from bruises, drafts and will not let through too bright light.
4. In winter, a special envelope can be a good alternative to a blanket. He will reliably warm the baby all night, will not slip and will not hesitate. And do not forget to check if it is not cold, if it is not hot for the baby in his “shelter”.
5. In the first 3 months of the child it is better to lay down to sleep on the back or on the flank (with a roller) – these positions should be changed from time to time in order for the small skull to take a rounded shape. Put a diaper under the head of the child (up to 1.5 years old, the pillow “is not allowed”).
And also remove all the toys from the crib, making an exception only for the beloved soft “friend” of the child. But even it is better to take it when the baby falls asleep – for security reasons.
Well, that’s all – restful sleep!
Do not worry a little before bedtime, neither provocative games, nor the appearance of guests, nor a loud discussion of the past day. And also try to observe the “one-handed” rule: in the remaining 1.5–2 hours before bed, the child should be supervised by one of the adults, even if by turns (for example, baby and mom and dad are not immediately) .
A good end of the evening for the baby will be a walk, followed by a bath, dinner and bedtime. This last stage of the “program” should take place at once and forever instituted ritual: for example, the baby ate, her mother put him to bed, spoke to him, or sang a lullaby and left him to sleep.