Our buttocks, thighs, and legs are a whole thing! We always think that they are not too strong, not too trained and not too slim. We complex about a little full ankles or knees, we would like to have a smoother skin and not such relief calves.
In short, the conclusion is almost always the same: we do not dare to show our legs. Of course, one cannot deny the role of genes and physique, and it is unlikely that you will have Adriana Carembo’s legs with a height of 160 cm.
But we are responsible for what we eat and how we walk, run, climb up and jump … There are many tools that will help you improve your legs from top to bottom.
First of all, the genetic factor is responsible for our roundness. “They are responsible for the health of our veins and hormonal balance,” explains Valerie Espinass. The appearance of cellulite and “breeches” is completely dependent on hormones.
For this reason, men almost never accumulate fat in the legs, and there is no cellulite. “
Thus, nutrition affects the fatty tissue and its density, that is, the contours of the legs. But in order to reduce the size of the hips and buttocks, one does not need to starve oneself: permanent, tight diets are useless.
“First of all, you should avoid calorie-free diets,” emphasizes Valerie Espinass. – “By reducing the number of calories, we will certainly lose weight. But not where needed. The best solution – the right diet, aimed at losing weight in certain places. “
And keep in mind that the most rigid diets – the best way to get everything back.
In addition to fat, fullness in the lower body can also be caused by a delay in the body of water. To understand what is your case, make a test: press your thumb over the skin above the foot. If after this a white mark remains on the skin for a couple of seconds, and does not immediately completely disappear, then everything is confirmed.
This water retention occurs primarily due to poor circulation of venous blood – the cause is heredity or weak muscle tone.
In fact, 80% of the veins in the legs are supported by muscles. And the stronger their tone, the better they provide venous circulation. It is no secret that muscles need to be trained, and for this there are special exercises!
One last thing: remove cramped clothing from your wardrobe, such as skinny jeans that tighten your legs when you sit, or underwear with tight elastic bands. Anything that interferes with blood circulation facilitates the accumulation of water, fats and toxins in certain areas, one of which is the hips.
Are you ready to start the fight with the “orange peel”?
To our hips and legs were slim and fit, the body requires special nutrition. Let’s provide it with building material for muscles and substances that will regulate hormone secretion, melt fat and sugar.
Tea – to help vessels
The thein contained in it slightly speeds up the metabolism. Flavonoids have a beneficial effect on the tone of blood vessels.
Drink tea: cold or hot, green or black, but without sugar.
Fat burners of marine origin
Zero sugar, high content of easily digestible proteins, some lipids (or beneficial fatty acids) … All seafood is good if you are looking for slimness and tone. They also contain well-digestible iron, which provides the body with energy, and magnesium – to reduce stress. Let’s not forget about iodine, which takes part in the energy metabolism (the amount of energy consumed by the body), and about the abundance of oligo-elements.
Their amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids also stimulate the breakdown of fat. Meals to help you lose weight: fish baked in foil or paper (with herbs and lemon juice), skewers, shrimp salads, sea mussels.
Champions among the products for weight loss:
- shellfish (53 calories per 100 g)
- raki (64 calories)
- Oysters (51 calories in 6 oysters)
- scallops (77 calories)
- cod (80 calories)
The richest in iodine: mussels, cockerels, oysters.
Sources of omega-3: mackerel, herring, red mullet, sprat, sardines, salmon, white halibut, squid.
Algae increase metabolism
Algae have the ability to collect proteins and minerals from the marine environment. They enrich our diet with iodine, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids, fibers, antioxidants … How many nutrients that increase metabolism!
Sprinkle with dry seaweed rice, fish or raw vegetables and fruits, make toasts with raw seaweed.
The best fats are raw and rich in fatty acids and polyunsaturated fats, such as omega-3. The latter move with ease in the body, unlike cooked fats.
- Walnut and rapeseed oil, germinated seeds – sources of omega-3, ideal for refueling. Olive oil is rich in vitamin E (protection for vessels) and good for cooking. Sunflower oil is worse – omega-6 fatty acids contained in it contribute to the deposition of fat.
- Oily fish (salmon, mackerel, sardines) – a source of protein. It also has the highest omega-3 content.
- Farm chicken eggs have the best fat balance. Great idea: buy products (milk, eggs, boiled ham …) with flax fiber content, naturally enriched with omega-3 fatty acids.
And also: avocados in complex salads or in the form of Mexican guacamole paste – this fruit is rich in vitamin E, and oilseeds (walnuts, almonds, pistachios), rich in fiber, calcium and magnesium.
In addition, do not forget about smoked herring and canned sardines and mackerel – they have an extremely high percentage of omega-3 fatty acids.
Legumes and whole grains to combat fat accumulation
How does ground grain differ from whole-grain legumes? The content of fibers and especially minerals and vitamins.
Indeed, without vitamins B1 and B3, carbohydrates are burned much worse. It is preferable to include rice and whole grain bread in the menu.
Regularly eat lentils, beans and other legumes with a high content of magnesium and vitamin B6, which are necessary for drainage. “Lentils and soybeans are of interest due to their phyto-estrogens, which help balance hormone secretion,” says Valerie Espinass.
Vegetables and fruits for vein tone
Fruits and vegetables in large quantities contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. Use the summer season and include tomatoes, apricots, peaches in the menu, and in September – figs, grapes, plums (harvested on time and ripe) … They have a lot of flavonoids – protection for blood vessels.
As for the sweet fruit, they will satisfy your desire to eat something sweet and will not add extra calories. But do not eat them whole plates!
Quite a bit will be quite enough.
Cross out or limit:
Alcohol. It turns all the fats you eat into cellulite deposits.
Salt. 9 grams of salt retain in the body 1 liter of water for a day or two.
If possible, try to limit the use of salt, mustard, bouillon cubes, soy sauce, bread, sausages, cheese, biscuits, ready meals and carbonated drinks.
Saturated and cooked fats. They are transformed into a particularly hard fatty tissue, which is difficult to get rid of.
Limit as much as possible the use of boiled cheeses, fatty meats, butter – for cooking or in baking, pies, salty or sweet biscuits, puff buns.
Sweet. Sugar, sweet drinks, cookies, jam, sweet cereals for breakfast – all this should be excluded … These foods with a high glycemic index make it difficult for insulin to work and facilitate the process of accumulating fat.
Products of industrial production. For example, ready meals, sauces, dressings … “food additives, especially sweeteners, can contribute to the retention of water in the body,” emphasizes Valerie Espinass.
Hearty late dinners. Especially if on the last meal of the day you turn on sweet, fatty and protein.
Nutrients will be absorbed throughout the body. Dinner is seriously better, at least two hours before bedtime.
Or just have a snack.
Abuse of raw salads. Rich in water and minerals, they can contribute to water retention in tissues and make your body puffy.
Much healthier grilled vegetables.
Are you ready for a whole week to immerse yourself in French diet cuisine? Below we present a low-calorie menu of natural products, developed by Patrice Dughet, the chef of the restaurant at the water treatment center of San Malo and a specialist in dietary cuisine.
Getting out of bed:
Drink 1 large glass of water at room temperature with half a lemon squeezed into it (to facilitate the removal of toxins by the liver).
- 1 cup of tea or coffee without sugar, milk or sweetener
- 2-3 slices of rye bread
- 1 scoop of fresh butter
- Few nuts
- 1 soft-boiled egg or 1 sheep or soy milk yogurt
- Tomato snack with crab meat (tomato circles are laid out on a plate, alternating with crab slices)
- Grilled beef fillet with pepper, green beans and lentils
- Strawberry pie
- 9 oysters
- Grilled prawns with finely chopped fennel and grilled zucchini
- Apricot Salad Dusted with Dry Lavender
- Artichoke stuffed with tuna (natural tuna, curd cheese and green onions)
- Chicken fillet, bulgur and fried figs
- Low fat cottage cheese and grapes
- Soup, “banishing” harmful substances (1 head of broccoli and 1 peeled potato, boiled in water and ground in a mixer without salt)
- Steamed fish with curry sauce, homemade eggplant caviar and roasted tomatoes
- Melon salad with chopped almonds
- Plate of pickled mussels
- A piece of cod, sweet pepper sauce, carrot julienne and tagliatelle made from whole grain flour
- Raspberry juice
- A plate of langoustines with a light mayonnaise sauce (see trim)
- Grilled perch with seaweed, spinach and steamed potatoes (80 g)
- Compote from apricots
- Tomato gazpacho with crab meat
- Lamb Saddle Medallions with Garlic and Baked Eggplants
- Cottage cheese with vanilla and berries
- Zucchini flan with tomato sauce (400 g mashed zucchini and two eggs, baked in muffins)
- Shrimp paella with saffron sauce (see trim) and unpolished rice
- Nectarine Salad with Orange Essence
- 9 oysters
- Rabbit stewed back with fricassee of artichokes and white beans
- Melon salad with fresh mint
- Langoustine Soup
- A piece of cod, vegetable julienne and green peas
- Soy yogurt and fresh (or thawed) raspberries
- Plate with pieces of melon and grapefruit
- Veal fillet, braised fennel and sliced roasted potatoes
- Baked in plum foil with anise (4 plums, 1 star anise and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup)
- Salad of raw and cooked vegetables, vinaigrette with tomato (see the table)
- Silver pollock kebab with chopped tomatoes, basil and sweet pepper
- Apple Cinnamon Compote
- Cold sweet pepper soup.
- Grilled duck fillet and spinach
- Compote of yellow plums
- Pineapple Carpaccio with Langoustine Tails
- Grilled red mullet fillet, soy sauce, broccoli and pickled tomatoes
- Soy yogurt, cherries
Physical activity in pleasure
Actively move at least 40 minutes a day. Use your free time to ride a bike, swim or hike along the beach. Take a girlfriend with you if you need company.
You can be accompanied by a dog or a player with your favorite music.
1 liter of summer diuretic decoction (Valerie Espinass recipe)
50 g of green tea + 50 g of kidney tea + 50 g of star anise stars + 50 g of dandelions. Mix the ingredients in a cup. Pour boiling water at the rate of 750 ml of water to 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
Let sit for 10 minutes, then strain. Add ice cubes to get 1 liter of broth.
Put the broth in the fridge and drink during the day before meals.
Patrice Dughet, chef of the dietetic restaurant in the San Malo hydropathic clinic and a specialist in the field of diet cuisine
- Peel and slice 200 g of zucchini into pieces, take 50 g of fennel and 50 g of peeled shallots, dip in boiling water in 500 ml and cook for half an hour.
- Crush boiled vegetables in a blender, then add 1 tablespoon of full dry milk powder and 1 pinch of saffron to the mixture. Strain the sauce through a thin sieve. Salt, pepper.
Board chef. Hot sauce – fat, ideal for white fish, shrimps, scallops …
- Mix half an egg yolk, a tablespoon of mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add 8 tablespoons of rapeseed oil, then 300 g of defatted sour cream and 1 coffee spoon of apple cider vinegar.
Board chef. Add this sauce with finely chopped onion, parsley, curry. Keep it up to 48 hours.
- Mix 500 ml of tomato juice, 3 tablespoons of raspberry vinegar and finely chopped onion. Salt, pepper.
Board chef. This dressing emphasizes the taste of green salad, raw vegetables, asparagus, turnips …
Spring is on the street – this time is perfect for walking on foot or by bike. And this is very opportune: this is exactly what is needed for your legs to become light and trained.
It is no secret that in order to lose weight in the lower part of the body, you need to simultaneously remove water from the body and fight fatty tissue. So, you need to not only follow the diet, but also move as much as possible.
During the walk for at least 40 minutes do the exercises for endurance. They help to remove excess water from the body and improve the functioning of the vessels, but they are especially good at fighting the fat mass. For motivation, remember that the quadriceps is one of the most important muscle groups in the body.
With each contraction you burn a huge amount of energy!
Two very simple movements that increase blood circulation in the thighs and calves. They primarily affect the “deep” muscles responsible for the correct venous circulation:
Houses. Lying on your back and bending your legs, hold the ball between your knees and press it as hard as possible, pausing for a few seconds.
Repeat 20 times.
On the stairs. Stand on a toe on one of the stairs.
Lift the second leg into the air, holding the railing. Rolling from toe to heel, gradually get down from the stairs.
20 times on each leg.
The best way is to walk
Fast walking improves the respiratory and heart rate, and, consequently, stimulates blood circulation and energy expenditure. Good news for those who do not like to run: walking is more effective than jogging.
The recipe for disinfecting and drainage oil from Daniel Festi.
20 drops of juniper essential oil (removes water from the lymph nodes and improves circulation), plus 20 drops of nutmeg sage (regulates estrogen release), plus 20 drops of green cypress essential oil (tones blood vessels and drains), plus 20 drops of grapefruit essential oil (helps to get rid of from extra volumes), plus 20 drops of lavender essential oil (soothing effect), plus 20 drops of lemon verbena essential oil (anti-inflammatory effect), plus oil from apricot stone or hazelnut (in 100 ml quantity).
Do a massage with this oil every morning before a shower, kneading each zone well. Hot water will then facilitate penetration of the active substances.
Do not go out in the sun, do not wash off the oil, as essential oils have a photosensitive effect.
Motivator: a selection of photos of people before and after losing weight:
Eat and lose weight: 10 products for burning calories
There are many foods that you can eat on a daily basis to burn calories and lose weight. These products are not only healthy, but also enjoyable. Try adding some of them to your daily diet and feel the difference.
Of course, the need for regular physical exertion is not canceled. But the process of weight loss will go much faster and more fun. Read more
5 home exercises that can harm us
Do you still decide to do exercises? Finally!
But how? All of us, at the very least, know a few of the most common and fairly simple “home” exercises that seem obviously useful. But are they really useful?
And is it not worth consulting with a specialist, starting even such an ordinary business as morning gymnastics? Read more