Acute respiratory diseases (ARD) include a large group of respiratory tract diseases caused by infection. Both viruses and bacteria act as provocateurs. A separate niche in this group is occupied by acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI).
As the name suggests, they are provoked only by viruses.
At the same time, approximately 25–30% of cases of infection are caused by several pathogens at once. The form of the disease course depends on their specific type and state of the victim’s immune system.
If the defense mechanisms work well, the pathogen will be quickly neutralized and expelled from the body, and the infection will not go beyond a certain area. So, if she stops in the area of the nasal passages, the case will be limited to a cold.
But if the immune system is weakened, complications can occur.
Of all the causative agents of ARVI, the flu virus poses a special danger for future mothers. The most unfortunate time for this infection is the first trimester of pregnancy, when the baby’s organs and tissues begin to be laid.
From the 3rd to the 14th week, the brain forms in the embryo, from the 2nd to the 7th – the heart, from the 4th to the 7th – the eyes, from the 7th to the 12th – the hearing aid, from 8 on the 10th – the organs of the abdominal cavity. If the expectant mother gets the flu during this period, the normal development of the baby can be disrupted.
If a meeting with the pathogen occurs in the 3-5th month of pregnancy, the appearance of malformations does not threaten the baby, but the virus can disrupt the work of the placenta and make it more permeable to other harmful microorganisms.
In the last weeks of pregnancy, due to the fault of ARVI, childbirth can start a little ahead of time, while contractions will not be as active as they should be.
If you are still sick, you need to remove viruses from the body as soon as possible and not harm the baby.
1) Drink more: mineral water without gas, tea with lemon, juices and fruit drinks. Please consult your doctor about herbal decoctions: some herbs are contraindicated for the expectant mother. If the doctor has allowed, take parsley, dill, linden flowers, black elderberry or viburnum in equal proportions.
Either raspberry and linden flowers, leaves of coltsfoot and willow bark. Another option – the leaves of black currant, mint, raspberry, plantain and calendula flowers. Fill the herbs with boiling water, leave for 5-10 minutes.
Add honey or lingonberries to the glass.
2) Interferon leukocyte human (“Biomed”); Grippferon (“FIRN-M”); Viferon (“Feron”) will protect against SARS. And the disease on their background will proceed in a milder form.
3) To remove nasal congestion, warm the nose of a hard-boiled egg or calcined sand, small pebbles or buckwheat groats in a canvas bag in a frying pan.
4) Bury the juice of carrots, beets, kalanchoe, garlic or onion in the nose, after diluting it with water in a ratio of 1:10. Flush the nostrils with a weak solution of baking soda or sea salt (0.5 tsp. In 1/2 cup of water), decoction of sage, plantain, chamomile, calendula.
Well help drops and ointment Pinosol (“Slokofarma”).
5) Take a multivitamin complexes, which include vitamins A, E, C and rutin, Phytolon seaweed remedy and Lesmin tablets from pine and spruce needles (“Fitolon-Med”).
6) The temperature should be reduced only if it has risen above 38.5 ° C with paracetamol medication: Panadol (GlaxoSmithKline); Efferalgan (UPSA). Aspirin-based products should not be taken.
7) Broths from the leaves of coltsfoot, violet, oregano, verbena, ivy, plantain, eucalyptus, wild rosemary, anise and pine buds will help get rid of cough. You can also use ready-made complex preparations: Ingalipt (“Moskhimpharmpreparaty”); Gödelix (Krewel Meuselbach); Mukaltin (licorice syrup).
8) It is possible to treat flu and ARVI with homeopathic medicines. Aflubin (“Bittner”) reduces the temperature, relieves swelling, helps with coughing. The drug Agri (“Materia Medica”) relieves heat, inflammation, pain.