First of all, Komarovsky draws the attention of parents to the fact that the tactics of actions are completely independent of the name of the virus. Seasonal, swine, avian or some other flu is not important. It is only important that this virus is transmitted by airborne droplets and affects the respiratory system.
To cure acute respiratory viral infection and flu is not to go to the pharmacy and buy antiviral drugs. To cure acute respiratory viral infections and flu is to create conditions for the child to fight the virus easily and successfully.
Parents.ru recommends memorizing, saving or printing this useful and important instruction.
1. Get a flu shot.
2. Do not visit crowded places.
3. Wash hands frequently.
4. Humidify the air and ventilate the room.
5. Moisten the nasal mucosa.
- The mask is a bad helper in deterring the virus.
- Folk remedies (onions, garlic, etc.) do not help!
- Antivirals, vitamins and immunity stimulants have not proven to be effective.
1. Warm clothes. To wash floors, moisten, air.
2. Categorically you can not force to eat. If asked, then give a light, carbohydrate, liquid.
3. Drink (water). Drink (water).
4. Flush the nose with saline solutions.
5. Heat only heat with paracetomol or ibuprofen. Absolutely not aspirin!
6. With the defeat of the upper respiratory tract (nose, throat, larynx) expectorant means only increase cough.
- All “distracting procedures” (banks, mustard plasters, body smearing goats, badgers, etc.), steam inhalations over a kettle or saucepan, child rubbing with vodka are parent gangsterism.
- Antiallergic drugs do not treat ARVI.
- Viral infections are not treated with antibiotics.
- All interferons are drugs with unproven efficacy or “drugs” with proven inefficiency.
- Homeopathy is not a herbal treatment, but a treatment with charged water. Safe and useless.
In fact, the only drug that can destroy the influenza virus is oseltamivir (Tamiflu). If Tamiflu is prescribed, then only a doctor and, as a rule, hospitalization is necessary.
- no improvement on the fourth day of illness;
- high fever on the seventh day of illness;
- deterioration after improvement;
- severe condition with mild symptoms of ARVI;
- pale skin; thirst, shortness of breath, intense pain, purulent discharge against the background of cold symptoms;
- increased cough; a deep breath leads to a coughing fit;
- paracetamol and ibuprofen do not knock down the temperature.
- loss of consciousness;
- shortness of breath, shortness of breath, feeling short of breath;
- intense pain anywhere;
- even mild sore throat in the absence of a runny nose (sore throat + dry nose is often a symptom of a sore throat that requires a doctor and an antibiotic);
- headache with vomiting;
- swelling of the neck;
- a rash that does not disappear when pressed on it;
- body temperature above 39 ° С does not decrease 30 minutes after the use of the febrifuge;
- fever with chills and pale skin.
In preparing the article, materials from Dr. Komarovsky’s site were used.