Planning a new, rich in vitamins and minerals diet, do not forget about the quality of products. Intestinal infections, which can cause not too fresh and poorly processed food, are dangerous for expectant mothers.
At night, pregnant women are supposed to sleep at least 8 hours, and it is advisable to air the bedroom well. During the day, you need to rest for 1-2 hours and take a couple of hours for a walk.
Postpone not too pleasant conversations and affairs for later. It is unlikely that others will insist on your participation in global family projects, if you explain that you are now engaged in a much more important matter.
Try not to listen to loud and disturbing music.
Long walks, the need to stand or sit in one place has to varicose disease, so try to diversify their activities. Do not carry or move gravity: your maximum is 2-3 kg.
If you want to dance, let it be slow dancing. From 16 weeks of pregnancy, wear a bandage and special tights for expectant mothers.
A doctor may impose a temporary ban on sex only if he sees the threat of termination of pregnancy, premature birth, exacerbation of infections (including that of the future pope).
The decision to take any drug and its dose must be coordinated with the obstetrician. Even if you are going to the dentist, talk about it first with your doctor.
Go slowly, slowly, carefully: expectant mothers have less attention and ability to control the situation. Keep a balance (a fall can cause placental abruption and premature labor).
Less in the sun, especially in hot countries, go out to sunbathe before 10 am and after 18 pm. Do not bathe in cool and not too clean water: cold can lead to contraction of the muscles of the uterus, and thus to the onset of labor.
Do not go to the sauna and steam bath.
Whether you can drive a car depends on your health and experience, because there is always a risk of stress and an accident on the road.
Forget about alcohol for a while (you can drink a glass of red wine 2 times a week), do not get carried away with caffeine-containing drinks (for example, coffee) and products (for example, chocolate) and do not smoke.
Till 12 weeks of pregnancy you should not use chemical preparations for hair, which you are not sure about, and do a perm. Wait for procedures that may cause pain: hair removal, tattoos.
The sooner you go to the doctor and “register” your pregnancy, the better. This step will help to avoid unpleasant surprises, because they will be discovered even before they manifest themselves.
The deadline for the first visit is 12 weeks gestation. Each stage of pregnancy is accompanied by certain hazards, and it is them that the doctors track:
- In the first trimester (up to 13 weeks) – non-developing pregnancy, the threat of miscarriage, early toxicosis, exacerbation of viral or bacterial infections (for example, cytomegalovirus, genital herpes, chlamydia, urea-plasmosis, glomerulo-or pyelonephritis) and related mom’s diseases, if they exist (disruption of the thyroid gland, vascular, respiratory systems, diabetes);
- In the II trimester (from the 13th to the 26th week) – the threat of late miscarriage, malformations of the baby, exacerbation of infectious and chronic diseases of the mother, gestosis (so called late toxicosis), placental insufficiency (disruption of the placenta), cervical insufficiency ( weakness of the cervical tissue leads to the fact that it opens slightly ahead of time and ceases to perform its function as a point of support for the child and amniotic fluid), serious deviations in the development of the baby;
- In the third trimester (from the 26th to the 40th week) – cervical insufficiency, the threat of premature birth, placental insufficiency, exacerbation of the mother’s diseases, gestosis.
In the first 3 months of pregnancy, nausea, drowsiness and fatigue can affect the activity of the expectant mother. But with the beginning of the second trimester you will feel in excellent shape.
Use this until … 28th week, and then slowly reduce the momentum, because the load on the body begins to grow.
- Computers and other equipment. In the early stages (up to 10–12 weeks) you should not work at a computer for a long time and sit in a room where there is a lot of office equipment, especially if it is also not so often ventilated.
- Conditions. Try to reduce your work day, or at least do not extend it.
- Environment. Avoid those who have flu, acute respiratory infections, SARS and other infections. Influenza virus, for example, can cause developmental problems in a baby, especially if the disease falls on the onset of pregnancy (I term), and the rubella pathogen will, unfortunately, surely do so.