What kind of epithets do not “award” the stomach! It is both fat, and soft, and full, and flabby, and still bloated, painful … Perhaps, most of all, women are complex just because of this.
For example, 77% of French people consider their abdomen ugly. On the Russian women statistics is silent, but the fact that many of them share this opinion, no doubt.
So why not reconcile with your stomach, not to pamper him, and at the same time make some efforts to ensure that he prettier and finally began to please the eye? After all, the more we indulge this part of the body, the easier it is for us to live.
Unfortunately, we usually neglect the most elementary, for which we have to pay dearly. If we eat poorly, the belly swims fat, and the older we are, the easier it accumulates.
When we refuse even the minimum physical exertion, the stomach becomes soft, and after pregnancy refuses to “keep” the shape. As if in spite of “master”, he begins to grow and work poorly, which is why digestion is disturbed.
“The abdomen is so closely connected with the nervous system that it can be considered the second brain,” says French doctor Denis Lambolay.
Scientific studies have shown that a hundred million neurons are located in our abdominal cavity – much more than in the spinal cord. In addition, it contains neurotransmitters that provide communication with the nervous system.
Because the stomach immediately reacts to stress, nervous tension, anxiety … and sometimes in a very sharp and painful form, ”continues Lamboley.
We suffer from bloating, colic, abdominal pain, digestive problems – so our stomach reminds of itself and gives a distress signal. How to help him cope with these problems?
First of all, you need to calculate your diet in such a way that it contains foods rich in healthy nutrients. Some tricks will also help get rid of abdominal distention and digestive problems.
You also need to control your emotions and try to be less nervous. Moderate exercise will also be helpful.
Believe me, the stomach will not stand before your efforts to “appease” it and will gradually become exactly the way you want it to be.
Our body must receive, and fats, and carbohydrates, and minerals, and protein. Therefore, in our diet should contain a variety of products. To avoid repetitions, try to make a rough menu for the week.
At the same time before you open new culinary horizons.
Do not chase the exotic. It is best absorbed vegetables and fruits that grow in their native and familiar areas and eaten during the season of their ripening.
They contain the maximum amount of vitamins that are inevitably lost during long-term storage and transportation. In addition, vegetables and fruits brought from distant countries, are harvested when they have not yet reached the desired condition and, accordingly, have not gained useful nutrients.
Maturing on the road does not correct the situation.
Avoid convenience foods. Very often they add flavor enhancers, flavors and preservatives that are not at all beneficial for our body.
Ready-to-eat meals often have low nutritional value and are poor in nutrients. These deficiencies have to be compensated by the addition of artificial vitamins, minerals, etc.
Quite often, industrially cooked dishes are too fatty, too salty or sweet. It is best to buy fresh and rich in natural nutrients from organic farming products or long-term cultivation technology and then prepare them yourself at home.
Beautifully decorated dishes, festive table setting, quality products, prepared according to time-tested recipes – this will be enough to enjoy the process and enjoy the food.
Ripe and juicy tomatoes do not need to be watered with oil or add salt, and no one would think of sprinkling flavored strawberries with sugar. If the products are natural and high-quality, we quickly get saturated and, therefore, eat less.
Thus, we kill several birds with one stone: we appease our stomach, we grow thin without long and cruel diets and we forget about depression. Especially noticeable effect, if you adhere to such principles for a long time.
You will notice how less and less you want to eat something fatty or sweet every day, and the stomach “deflates” right before your eyes and loses fat.
Eating better is easy!
Plant fiber. They are rich in legumes and whole grains, fruits and vegetables that should be consumed at every meal. These products are rich in plant fiber, or fibers that stimulate the digestive glands and the motility of the gastrointestinal tract.
They contribute to the normalization of intestinal microflora. In addition, low-calorie fruits fill the stomach and save you from overeating, and hence your stomach – from excess fat.
Less refined products. To avoid harm from pesticides, buy natural, or bio, products. Pecky bread, unpolished rice are considered the most useful.
But do not abuse fiber – with its excess activity of intestinal bacteria, which break down undigested food residues, increases. As a result, we have an increased formation of gas, and hence bloating, which we do not need.
If protein, then vegetable
Usually we eat proteins for the most part of animal origin. They give too much saturated fat, which pave the way to excess weight, diseases of the cardiovascular system and other troubles. Because it is so important to reduce the consumption of animals and increase the amount of vegetable proteins.
The latter can be combined either with animal products or with vegetarian dishes – legumes and whole grains. They are rich in fibers, starch, vitamins and minerals, bioactive substances. More often, including vegetable proteins in our menu, we avoid sudden attacks of hunger, get saturated faster and do not get fat, and also improve digestion.
In addition, we spend less on food, which allows us to regularly consume organic products, even of animal origin, without significant losses to the family budget.
First, let’s look at the causes of such an unpleasant phenomenon as bloating. This happens if a large amount of gas is formed in the stomach. Why it happens?
When we ingest food, air enters the stomach and then into the intestines. If we are still talking, the air gets much more. “Excessive” air partially disrupts, partially enters the intestine and either exits through the anus or is absorbed by the intestines.
Contribute to the greater formation of gases and carbonated drinks, and foods rich in fiber – cabbage, apples, black bread. The cause of bloating after eating can be excessive use of muffins and sweets: they are rich in easily digestible carbohydrates, causing a fermentation reaction, that is, increased gas formation.
Because Dr. Laurence Salomon strongly advises:
- Take your time while eating. Trying to eat right, we pay attention to what we eat, but it is worth thinking about how we eat. It is necessary to absorb food slowly, taking 5-10 minute breaks between dishes. You can not swallow food in a hurry, literally on the run. You need to sit down, relax and treat food intake as another opportunity to take a break from worries. Thoughtfully absorbing breakfast, lunch and dinner, we quickly get saturated, as we carefully listen to your taste and other sensations.
- Chew! Chew carefully what you eat. At the same time you mechanically grind food, that is, you help its better absorption. In addition, this process stimulates the secretion of enzymes involved in digestion.
- Do not abuse raw foods. They stimulate flatulence in the intestines. Salads from boiled vegetables are useful – green beans, beets. The choice is huge! Make sure that the daily menu contains both raw and boiled vegetables.
- Grill bread lightly. As we have said, this product enhances the fermentation processes in the intestine, which is fraught with increased gas formation and bloating. A little toasted bread is easier to digest, since low humidity, which decreases when heated, reduces the release of salivary enzymes. This allows you to use even slightly stale bread.
- Properly select and cook legumes. The most easily digested lentils. Chickpeas and red beans with a thick skin are considered the most difficult for digestion. Beans are better to eat once a day in the amount of 2 or 3 tablespoons – no more. Do not forget: most of the legumes must be soaked for a long time and cooked for a long time.
- Choose cheese from raw milk. The digestive system absorbs such cheeses much better.
- To improve digestion, drink herbal tea immediately after eating. Dairy products do not eat more than 2 times a day, and you need to choose natural products. Dairy desserts and yogurts can be made independently. Sheep, soybean, and milk from oats or rice are also beneficial. Make a choice in favor of olive, rapeseed, nut is small, fatty fish varieties, which contain very useful unsaturated fatty acids. They will help keep the slim figure. Accordingly, it is necessary to reduce the consumption of butter and eat it only fresh, but not to fry on it. Allowed only a slice the size of a small nut to smear on bread in the morning or add it to vegetables.
To achieve the effect of “flat stomach”, enrich your diet with the following products and dishes.
Seaweed. They are sold as dry (in the form of flakes or leaves), and fresh.
Algae in any form rich in proteins and trace elements, facilitate the passage of food through the intestines.
Spelled. This ancestor of wheat is absorbed easier than other grains.
You can buy bread with the addition of spelled, spelled in the form of flakes, flour or grains for cooking.
Wheat flour T-80. This semi-whole meal is digested better than regular white, fairly refined flour.
Lentils It is inexpensive, easy to prepare, rich in proteins and it is low in carbohydrates.
White almond puree. Made from crushed almonds, it replaces butter, it can be spread on bread.
It reduces the acidity of the stomach and contains beneficial unsaturated fatty acids and vegetable proteins.
Soy sauces They contribute to the normalization of intestinal microflora. Buy bio, so that the fermentation with which this product is obtained is natural.
They can be used for seasonings and marinades.
Gray unrefined salt. Compared with the usually white salt, there are more microelements in it, therefore it needs less.
Do not be afraid to mix it with spices or herbs to improve the taste, but know the measure.
Whole (raw) sugar. Unlike refined sugar, it contains potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. And since it is very fragrant, you put it in smaller quantities.
So it helps to reduce the consumption of sugar and other sweets, the fascination with which leads to fatty folds on the stomach, to a minimum.
Green and red tea. These are very strong antioxidants.
Green tea also has a diuretic effect. They can be drunk daily.
Apple vinegar. It alkalizes the body, disinfects the intestines.
Choose vinegar aged in oak barrels. Alas, the product prepared by an industrial way loses the listed useful properties.
And, finally, moderate exercise, proper breathing, relaxation, massage and phytotherapy will help keep the stomach “within”.
If you spend on these exercises every day at least 7 minutes, the effect will not take long.
- Lie on the floor, put your right foot on top of your left, press your left hand to your temple, put your right foot on the floor – this is needed for support. Raise the torso so that the left elbow touches the right knee. Repeat 15 times. Then the hands change. The right is pressed against the temple, the left lies on the floor. The body rises so that the right elbow touches the left knee. Also 15 repetitions.
- This exercise strengthens the straight and oblique abdominal muscles and takes a maximum of 3 minutes.
- Lie down, lift up slightly, lean on your elbows and straighten your legs. While in this position, raise and lower your legs. 2 sets of 10 times.
- Lie on the floor, hands on the back of your head, legs bent at the knees, feet touch the floor. Tear off the shoulders from the floor and, without removing the foot from the floor, slightly lift. 2 sets of 15 times.
- This 2-minute exercise is useful for strengthening the rectus abdominis.
The transverse abdominal muscles can be strengthened by performing simple breathing exercises. Put your hands on your stomach, slowly inhale, while inflating your belly as much as possible, then exhale deeply, drawing your belly in.
And so 5 times. Effective will be numerous repetitions during the day.
Walking helps keep the body in good shape. Movement helps to establish digestion.
Walk at least 30 minutes a day and use every opportunity to take a long walk.
If, due to stress, you are constantly pulling something to chew, carry nuts, a fresh apple or other fruit or dried fruit, and a small bottle of water. Feeling tense?
Take a break for 3 minutes and sip a glass of water or drink a bottle of water. Immediately feel better.
Heat a little vegetable oil in your hands (macadamia, sweet almond, real lavender essential oil, any body massage oil). Then gently, clockwise, massage the abdomen.
After that, pull off the skin on your stomach and roll it between your fingers. Does the skin hurt and turn red? So it’s good!
Go on. Thus, you struggle with small fat deposits – such a massage helps break down fat accumulated in the folds.
To prevent spasms and bloating, it is enough to eat a piece of sugar after a meal, to which a drop of essential oil of peppermint or basil is dropped.
To fight with an irresistible desire to chew anything in between the main meals helps inhaling a few drops of cinnamon essential oil applied to a handkerchief.