First of all, remember the conditions under which you were hired. If in some way the expectations and prospects for wage growth were specified, try to answer the following questions:
1. With whom exactly were these prospects discussed and agreed? If this official cannot affect your earnings now (he no longer works in the company, occupies another position, etc.), then in an interview with the new boss, it is not worth referring to what you were once promised.
This will only cause irritation.
2. How and in what document was the promise recorded? Maybe the employment contract stipulates an increase in earnings after the probation period?
Other options – there is an individual development plan with comments from your manager, a work plan for the year with a clear indication of your bonus (salary), the budget of the project in which you work. Not?
Then in a conversation to refer to any agreement is incorrect.
3. What rules about salary increase exist in the company? The larger the company, the longer and more difficult the process of such approvals. Exceptions can be made only for unique specialists or in the case of “force majeure”.
After all, even the most loyal leader in relation to you will not be able to jump over these rules, and your expectations to speed up the desired moment will not be fulfilled. Yes, and the leader of his perseverance, you can put in an awkward position.
4. Do you really do your job perfectly? “Kosyakov” no? Because who will give more money if you do not always cope with your official duties.
If, honestly answering these questions, you still think you deserve more, get ready for a serious conversation
1. In any way let your direct manager know that you want to go up to him for 10-15 minutes and talk about your achievements and development prospects in the company.
2. Prepare for the meeting: list all your achievements in work on paper. The ideal option is to present them visually in figures and facts: I brought more customers than planned for so many people, earned so much money for the company, released more products than we had planned, and so on.
3. Write what exactly you can do for the company beyond what you are already doing, what other benefits you can bring to your own team.
4. Write what pleasant words for the bosses ear you can say at the very beginning of the conversation, what can you say about the achievements and successes of the immediate supervisor. Still, before you live person, and the good word will always be heard.
5. Correctly formulate a request: “I can be more useful for a company in such and such a position or even in such a project, in such and such additional functionality, because I can do this and that, I have such necessary qualities . Ready to pass the assessment, tests, tests and prove it. ”
Introduction. At the appointed time, present yourself before the leader with a diary in your hands (during the conversation you will make notes). Do not be late!
Greet, repeat, do not take much time, say a compliment and ask permission to state the essence of the problem.
Main part. Clearly, without “water,” state your achievements during your time at the company or for a certain period (the period should, of course, be clearly marked). Sound your wishes to further advance your career and suggestions on this matter.
After that, you should ask the manager what he thinks about your work and how he sees your development prospects. Do not interrupt. Listen carefully and – moreover, write down the most important thing.
Only after the manager speaks out, ask on what conditions your income may increase. For example: “I heard you.
Ready to perform new duties (to do such and such work, to perform additional duties, tasks, etc.). Can we then discuss the new conditions of my work?
What can I expect? What do you think about that?
And in material terms? What specific documents will I have to sign? ”