Most often, children’s infections do not require that the child be sent to the hospital, but parents will have to seriously take precautions – especially if there are other children in the family.
The first thing to do is isolate the sick baby. This is especially important in the case of viral infections that are transmitted very easily.
For example, the causative agent of chicken pox can be picked up even from the next room or apartment – it travels through the air through the vents.
Needless to say, quarantine will be required in the midst of the disease; but remember that a sick baby remains infectious, even when it is already better. How long – depends on the specific disease: the term can vary from several weeks to 2 months.
For example, with rubella, a child is “dangerous” to others for 4 days after recovery, and for flu, up to 3 weeks.
Until the doctor permits, the baby should not meet with peers; It is wiser to send brothers and sisters to relatives. Anyone who stays close, will help a protective mask.
Do not forget about this simple, but very effective means and do not hesitate to wear a mask when going with the baby for a walk or to the clinic.
“Air” way – not the only way to catch the infection. Many of them are often transmitted through common objects – toys, towels, dishes.
The less often these things are washed or washed, the more dangerous they are bacteria and viruses. Therefore, everything that surrounds a sick baby: furniture, bedding, toys, must be kept clean.
- Furniture, window sills, doors at least 2 times a day should be wiped with a damp cloth, best of all – with a disinfectant solution (Dezaktiv-M, Virkon, Bional, Lysetol – these products have no unpleasant smell and are safe for children). Wash the floors in the room every day, and after recovery (or, if the baby’s illness is delayed, once a week), do a lot of cleaning: remove dust from lamps, blinds, walls and the ceiling.
- Select a small personal dish and keep it separate from the total. Wash the dishes with a separate sponge and boil after use or place in the dishwasher at the maximum temperature. In no case do not leave, and especially do not eat up the remnants of food sick baby.
- A day later, change the baby’s bedding and pajamas, and boil the used one and always iron it.
- If you cared for your baby (for example, fed or changed it), after finishing the case, wash your hands with soap and water.
- Do not allow home to take things sick baby. Leave him some favorite toys and books, and remove the rest. After the baby has recovered, the toys will need to be thoroughly washed with soap, washed or even changed.
Even in the cold season, the room of a small patient needs to be aired 2-3 times a day for 10-15 minutes, warmly covering the child for this time. In hot, stuffy air, the infection multiplies especially easily, and it will be more difficult for the child to breathe in such conditions.
Making the air cleaner and fresher will help the room cleaner or humidifier.