Classical homeopathy appeared at the end of the 18th century thanks to the research of the German physician Samuel Hahnemann. The conclusion he made at the end of six-year observations was: “All substances in minimal doses treat such symptoms or diseases that they can cause in a healthy person when given in large doses.”
Based on this conclusion, Hahnemann formulated the first principle of homeopathy: the like is treated by the like. The second principle concerns the dose of the selected drug, that is, the degree of its dilution. It says: reducing the dose enhances the therapeutic effect.
This means that the higher the degree of dilution of the drug, the stronger its effect. For example, we all know how difficult it is to fall asleep after drinking too much coffee – but it will also act as a sleeping pill if you cook it at a certain dilution.
If the expectant mother has any health problems that do not relate to the serious complications of pregnancy, she can count on the help of classical homeopathy. This method copes well with nausea of the first months, increasing the tone of the uterus, malfunction of the intestine, insomnia, exacerbation of allergies, colds, poisonings and other ailments.
That’s just to appoint a woman to treatment should be a qualified homeopathic doctor – buying homeopathic remedies in pharmacies “on their own initiative”, you can not only not achieve the desired result, but even harm yourself.
Ready-made homeopathic complexes can only help if there is a substance in the mixture that is right for your body. If he is not there, the drug will not work, moreover, it can cause the future mother the very symptoms against which she must act.
There are many other nuances known only to specialists: for example, expectant mothers should not buy medical complexes containing drugs at a dilution of 200 or higher (this number is indicated after the Latin name of the mixture components), otherwise the effect of the drug will be too strong.
- From the point of view of classical homeopathy, the treatment of the same name will not prevent the development of pregnancy if the woman’s body has accepted this pregnancy. And since it is still difficult to give an exact answer to this question in the first months, it is better not to take homeopathic preparations at this time.
- Usually, women “in position” react to homeopathic remedies in the same way as all other patients. Nevertheless, homeopathic doctors especially closely monitor the slightest changes in their condition. Do not be surprised if, by tracking the effect of the drug you have been prescribed, the doctor asks you how the baby behaved lately: the doctor will be able to evaluate the correctness of his appointment by his reaction.
- Most likely, to begin with, the doctor will prescribe one drug to her patient, and it will not need to be taken more than once a day, and depending on the degree of dilution, and less often. True, in acute situations, for example, when the expectant mother has a fever, the medicine will be needed more often.
- Classical homeopathy is a method of treatment, not prevention, it needs those who already have problems.
- Homeopathic medicines may not work if the expectant mother takes hormones, antibiotics and drinks black coffee.
Homeopathic remedies are very sensitive to the influence of the external environment, so they need to be kept cool, away from light sources and odors. For the same reason, you can not touch the medicines themselves or the inner surface of their packaging – the bottleneck or the lid of the box.