Bulgaria is a magical country for a family holiday in the sun, as well as for skiing and relaxing in the mountains. In winter, there are numerous lovers of alpine skiing with their families. For example, the resort of Bansko, located at the foot of the Pirin Mountain, offers its guests reasonable prices and excellent infrastructure, it is considered to be the best resort in the country.
In summer, travelers can relax on the beaches of the Black Sea or go to one of the remote mountain villages. Bulgaria is famous for its works of Christian art: countless churches are located throughout the country, and you can see ancient Byzantine icons in museums.
Bulgarian historians call Bulgarian Plovdiv one of the oldest cities in Europe, claiming that it is much older than Athens and Carthage. The ruins of Roman buildings – the amphitheater, the term, the stadium and the basilica are still preserved here.
From the ancient period, you can go straight to the Middle Ages – to explore Asen’s fortress in the Rhodope Mountains.
Poland is distinguished by affordable prices and is great for families with children. The historical places deserve special attention: Krakow, Warsaw, Gdansk.
- Despite the relaxed atmosphere reigning in the capital of Poland, Warsaw is rapidly gaining popularity as one of the most sought-after tourist destinations. The city center is like a museum! Be sure to visit the Royal Palace – there are exhibitions devoted to how the historical appearance of the city has changed over the centuries.
- Krakow is considered one of the most hospitable cities in the world (perhaps that is why he beat Warsaw in terms of attendance among all Polish cities). And Krakow attracts tourists with its bohemian atmosphere and incredible architecture: in the city on the banks of the Vistula there are thousands of medieval monuments. The most famous of them is the Royal Castle on the Wawel Hill, where you can climb from the main square of the Old Town.
- Gdansk is a seaside city with a rich history. In the summer, there are many art festivals and open-air concerts. The city is also the largest port in Poland. It is not surprising that one of its main attractions, the Marine (or Harbor) Museum and the Crane Zhurav (the historical city gate with the function of a lifting mechanism), is located exactly in the port.
Fans of active rest can go on a summer hike in the Tatras or go water skiing (as well as admire the Mitskevich and Velka-Siklava waterfalls, views of the Morsko Oko lake, raft down the Dunajec River).
Spain is deservedly considered one of the best destinations for a family holiday. Year after year, families come back here for the warm sun, gorgeous beaches and mouth-watering tapas.
And in Spain there are some of the best European water parks (PortAventura Caribe Aquatic Park water park at PortAventura World amusement park, Splashin ‘Safari water park at Hol amusement park. Ordesa i Monte Perdido national park – the oldest Pyrenees national park, Timanfaya national park where the famous “Fire Mountains” are located). There you can spend a whole day in between beach holidays!
You can rest in Spain both on the mainland (resorts of Benidorm, Costa del Sol, Baños de Fitero) and on numerous islands (Balearic Islands – Majorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera, Canary Islands – Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote , Fuerteventura). At the same time, the choice of the type of housing is so great that any family can find something suitable for themselves.
Booking.com specialists say that today not the usual hotels with standard rooms are very popular, but villas, apartments, boats, tree houses and other unusual accommodation options.
Germany is not only Berlin, famous all over the world for its museums and stunning architecture, but also many small towns that fascinate with their picturesque nature (Füssen, Schwangau, Günzburg, Kolmberg). Children will remember the fabulous castles of Germany – among them the charming Neuschwanstein Castle, which served as the prototype for the castle from the Disney fairy tale “Sleeping Beauty”.
It is located near the town of Fussen in southwestern Bavaria, near the Austrian border.
Cyprus is the perfect place for a family beach holiday. The shores of the island are framed by picturesque sandy beaches and resorts, and life in the villages on the island flows slowly and measured. Paphos is known for its charming port and historical sights, and young travelers will love the golden sandy beaches of Limassol and the village of Protaras with their clear shallow waters.
You can get acquainted with the local life of the inhabitants of the island in the quiet seaside villages of Polis, Amathus or Lathi, where the traveler is waiting for a relaxing holiday away from the hustle and bustle.
No matter how you travel, do not take too many things with you so that you don’t have to suffer from countless bags and suitcases, and also find out the airline’s baggage allowance. What things are definitely worth taking on a trip with children?
- Baby food, baby bottles, bibs, diapers, nipples, spare clothes and wet wipes.
- A dark cover or fabric that can cover the light from the window. This is especially true if your child has to adapt in a place where there will be a different time zone or time of year.
- The White Noise app: soft background noise will drown out sounds that disturb the baby’s peace of mind and help the newborn fall asleep faster in a new environment.
- Puzzles, books, pencils, new toys – they will help the kid not to be bored on the plane. If you are traveling with older guys, take a game console and / or board game in the road version, which can be played by the whole family. Board: Download children’s films, games and books to the tablet in advance to avoid overweight. Do not forget the chargers for all gadgets!
- Useful snack, which your child can “refill” if the first meal at a new place doesn’t suit him (for particularly fastidious “nechochuhs” you should also grab your favorite mug and / or plate).