Nowadays, choosing a baby diaper is not a problem. First of all, you should focus on the products of well-known companies: they are subject to particularly careful quality control and safety. But the “last resort” in the matter of choice should be your own toddler: the best diaper may not be suitable for him (it happens sometimes – “individual intolerance”).
If the baby was born not a hero, for a start he will need a starting model designed for newborns. What do you need to pay attention to?
- It is important that the diaper can be adjusted in size and shape. This opportunity provides fasteners that are fixed at any level.
- So that the product does not squeeze the internal organs of the baby, the fabric from which it is made must be elastic.
- An obligatory condition is a special cut-out for the navel so that the wound on it “breathes”.
- Since the newborn not only pees often, but poops after each feeding, it is important that your “helper” can absorb both. A diaper for a newborn should have other qualities that are universal for all other “models”.
- High ability to absorb and retain fluid. These properties of the product are affected by the quality and quantity of the absorbent, the presence of a distribution layer that absorbs the liquid quickly and evenly, and the nature of the nonwoven material of the inner layer. Check how long the baby stays dry (ideally, the whole night).
- Try to choose “breathing” diapers that allow air to the baby’s skin and, at the same time, “take away” wet evaporation to the outside.
- Your “helper” should not flow around the legs or around the waist. This is achieved not by tight rubber bands, but by special frill-barrier. The kid is growing, and the requirements for his “defenders” are changing.
- A little vanka-vstanka seems to test their strength: if the products do not withstand the pressure, it’s bad.
- More movement – more freedom! The diaper has to “reach out”, repeating the contours of the body and the movements of the little mischievous. The gusset between the legs should not be as wide as before.
- Is it time to get used to the pot? In place of the usual models come comfortable disposable panties. If a little trouble happens with the baby, special pictures will disappear.
The safety of diapers can be considered proven. Terrible tales about the “greenhouse effect” and male infertility have long been debunked by researchers.
However, there are safety rules.
- If the baby has irritation on the ass, hold it for at least one day without diapers. If the rash and redness disappear and then reappear, try changing the product brand.
- When dressing small, use a protective cream.
- In extreme heat, let your baby stay naked longer. Do not want to wash diapers – buy disposable.
- Try to change your baby more often – a super absorbent diaper becomes so heavy in a few hours!
- Buy products that match the weight and age of the baby!