Usually, the family “epidemic” begins with adults, because we are almost always in the midst of a large gathering of people, but sooner or later the kids get it. The children’s immune system matures gradually, so any meeting with harmful agents (viruses or bacteria) can result in acute respiratory infections, acute respiratory viral infections, influenza or tonsillitis.
However, it is still possible to help the baby.
You can strengthen the defense by various means. Breastmilk becomes an excellent antiviral cocktail for the baby, because it contains substances that protect a small body from infections. During a seasonal epidemic, visit friends less often: every person is a carrier of viruses, and even if the visitor does not sneeze or cough, he still represents a danger to the child.
If someone from the family is sick, temporarily isolate him from the baby.
If the child has a cold, to ease his condition and speed up recovery in the following ways:
1) If the crumbled nose of the baby, he began to sleep worse and suck the breast, massage the bridge of his nose with a circular motion in a clockwise direction.
2) You can rinse a small spout with Borjomi mineral water without gas, squeezing half or a whole pipette into each nostril.
3) If it is difficult for the child to breathe, for 1–1.5 hours attach a cabbage leaf to his feet.
4) Most often, the baby is infected from the mother, so you need to be careful about your own health. If you have a runny nose, make garlic juice, dilute it with water at a ratio of 1:10 or 1:15 and put 3 drops in each nostril 4–5 times a day.
In the fight against colds, onion drops have also shown their worth. Finely chopped medium onions, pour 50 ml of cooled boiled water, let it brew for 40–50 minutes, strain and add 1/4 tsp to the resulting solution. honey (if you are not allergic to it).
Drip in the nose in the same way.
- While you have not noticed any obvious deterioration of well-being in a baby, he can take therapeutic baths, that is, stay for about 3-5 minutes in water heated to 38 ° C.
- The question of walking is solved individually each time, because everything depends on the air temperature, humidity, and wind strength outside the window. Without a good reason, walking should not be canceled, since the concentration of viruses in the room where the sick child is located is very high, and it is unlikely that you can thoroughly ventilate the apartment in its presence.
Video: Viral diseases that are accompanied by a runny nose and cough: how to treat them and how to protect the baby from them?