The most important thing you need to remember is that training in oral hygiene should occur without intimidation, without pressure, without shouting and using force, without once a second reminding you to brush your teeth. Patience and compromise are your main allies.
So what should you do?
- Give your child the right to choose a toothbrush and toothpaste. Up to 3 years old pasta should be pleasant to the taste and not contain fluoride. It can be neutral or fruity (with a taste of banana, raspberry, grapes, cherries). Now you can not worry that the baby still can not rinse his mouth: pastes, safe to use, are marked 0+. Choose a brush with soft and artificial bristles and a small “working” part.
- Show an example. Kids love repeating everything after adults – use this!
- Play with him. Ask your child to brush your teeth or involve older and younger children in the game. Also, do not forget about toys (dolls, robots, animals): bring their teeth in order!
- Distract the child while brushing your teeth: sing, recite poems, dance to your favorite song or melody – this will help turn a boring ritual into a pleasant pastime.
- Record success. Make a “calendar for brushing your teeth”: print a calendar sheet (for example, for a month) on a color printer, collect stickers and note achievements (but do not forget that cleaning should be of high quality!).
- Read books. Now there is a large amount of literature that talks about dental hygiene: why we need teeth, why it is so important to take care of them, about tooth fairies. What to read? For example, the bestseller “My first dental book. All about your baby teeth “(Ivona Raduyts and Thomas Rener, ed.” Mann, Ivanov and Ferber “, 2014)
- Watch cartoons – they can be very useful to you. There are a lot of cartoons and films telling different stories about “nehuchuh” who refused to brush their teeth (“Doctor rabbit. How to teach a child to brush teeth”, “Doctor hare and dental protectors”, “We brush teeth with Hello Kitty”, “Queen Toothbrush “,” Bird Tari “). The effect after viewing is guaranteed!