There are many arguments in favor of cosmetic products with the prefix “eco”. We will name only the most obvious ones.
1. The absence of GMOs, that is, genetically modified organisms. The safety of artificially induced mutations in products for humans is questionable.
First of all, products of genetic engineering are suspected of carcinogenic effects on the human body.
2. Natural origin, cultivation, processing and preparation of all raw materials. Organic cosmetics are not just natural ingredients. All raw materials for the production of eco-cosmetics should also be natural.
By choosing such cosmetics, one can be sure that the ingredients included in it were grown in environmentally friendly conditions, without using chemical fertilizers, were not treated with formaldehydes, and were not subjected to any other processing methods that could affect their effectiveness and safety for the end user.
3. Hypoallergenic. Most modern and widely available cosmetic products contain substances that are potentially allergens, especially for the delicate skin of a child. The composition of organic cosmetics, they can not enter under any circumstances. Therefore, it is considered more benign, less likely to cause allergic reactions.
Although, of course, this does not completely exclude allergic manifestations, if you are allergic to any natural ingredients in organic cosmetics.
4. The power of nature. Organic cosmetics have completely different principles of action than synthetic ones. It works by combining the forces of nature and modern technologies that allow these forces to unfold to the full. Natural, natural ingredients do not contradict the natural processes occurring in our body, but gently regulate them.
The effect of using organic cosmetics is therefore not achieved as quickly as with standard products, but it is more reliable and, most importantly, without side effects in the form of carcinogens in the body. Organic cosmetics are completely non-toxic and even help to eliminate toxins from the skin and the body.
5. Hard certification. All eco-products must have quality certificates from one of the world’s certification systems for organic cosmetics. The most famous are ICEA AIAB (Italy), BDIH (Germany), BIO ECOCERT (France). The latter is considered one of the most stringent in the world.
This certificate ensures that at least 95% of all ingredients in the preparation are of organic origin, as well as the fact that it does not use any of the prohibited or potentially hazardous substances.
6. Does not harm the environment. Eco-cosmetics fans choose not only safe care for their skin, but also, in fact, encourage the development of cleaner production. After all, as already mentioned, all the ingredients for such cosmetics should be grown in clean areas, without the use of chemicals, destructive for the ecosystem of the fields and neighboring forests.
For the packaging of their products, manufacturers of organic cosmetics are trying to use recycled paper and plastic, which can be easily recycled with care for the environment.