Every year, hundreds of children affected by domestic plants enter the toxicological and burn departments of children’s hospitals. And not always the cause of urgent hospitalization is instant poisoning, when the baby simply swallows the poisonous part or gets a penetrating wound with a sharp thorn, tightly stuck in his body.
Often, the effects of poisonous plants become deferred, the child suffocates first a little, then more, and in a few days or weeks it comes to an ambulance.
If we consider all the disadvantages of keeping any indoor plants in the house, it turns out that there are much less pluses.
Plants can cause allergies or headaches, nausea and other ailments by their own odor. Flowers are dangerous pollen – very allergenic substance. In every flower pot, mold lives and feels great – the strongest allergenic factor.
There are plants that can not be tried on the tooth – poisoning, there are those that can not even be touched – burn yourself! The land in the pot, quite possibly, is a breeding ground for harmful microorganisms and small insects, from which it is very difficult to get rid of. (But some children are not averse to feasting on the earth!). Spines and thorns are capable of hurting and, at times, dangerous to hurt the baby.
The child woke up in the morning in a bad mood, he could not help but there were no obvious signs of illness? And aren’t there indoor plants in abundance? At night, they are able to so vigorously absorb oxygen from the room that it can cause a child’s discomfort associated with a lack of oxygen.
Finally, pots with plants — the subject of perpetual children’s interest — tend to fall, shatter, and traumatize both babies, and their parents, and pets.
Today, such plants that some people continue to keep in the house are known for their negative impact on humans. Or grow in the suburban areas.
So, plants, any parts of which are dangerous: