Is your dad one of those who find it easier to sort out the engine in a car or make a quarterly report than to change a diaper to your child? And great!
Let everyone do his best. In the family, as in an orchestra: each instrument is given a special part, and it is pointless to require the violin to sing in a trombone voice.
If the spouse succeeds as the earner, try to understand that it is difficult for him to find time to communicate with the child on weekdays. It is only important that, at least on weekends, dad could give his family enough attention and care.
Men may rebel: “But when will you have a rest?” But after all, rest is also the joy of socializing with loved ones, playing games and walking with children, or just sharing meals.
As your treasure grows up, his needs for relationships with adults gradually change, and with them the responsibilities of parents. If a three-month-old baby in the dad’s face needs another nanny, then a four-year-old child is looking for both a playmate and a counselor and mentor who will teach him how to play football.
What kind of duties can take on the father, depending on the age of the child?
From birth to 1 year
- Helping bathe the little one. Surely your little one loves to splash in the water, and therefore will gladly take part in father’s projects like a sea battle.
- Put the baby to sleep. If in order to fall asleep, the baby does not need a breast, the daddy can take on the lulling ritual. Moreover, children who are laid to sleep fathers feel more protected.
- To go shopping. The birth of an heir is an excellent reason to teach a man to shop. When sending a husband to the store, do not forget to provide him with the most detailed and accurate list of what you need.
- Walk with the baby. There is no more touching picture than a man walking with a pram. And for mom it is an opportunity to devote some time to yourself.
- Walk with the child to the clinic. Often it is the fathers who are better able to cheer up the kids and distract them from the manipulations that the doctors carry out.
- Read fairy tales to your child, tell funny stories for the night. Whatever dad chooses for the evening story: “Ryaba Chicken” or a free retelling of the Bond movie, the kid’s enthusiastic attention is guaranteed.
- Assemble puzzles and designer. By this age, children are becoming more diligent and will be able to spend some time in quiet games – however, no more than 15–20 minutes in a row.
- Make surprises for mom. Draw a postcard to her, dazzle a hippopotamus from plasticine, or make fancy sandwiches – such activities will help parents and baby to get even closer.
- To teach how to express your position. At this age, the baby learns to communicate, gaining its place in the team. Now it is important to teach the child to defend his opinion not by shouting or fists, but by common sense and politeness.
- To teach a child to count, read, write, solve puzzles. The little one is already able to master these skills, and short home lessons (10–15 minutes for each subject) are best carried out every day.