Girls, and I to you today not only with sports underwear, but also with a manicure! Let’s talk about the usual and gel polish? 😉
I never was a special manicure fan. There are two reasons for this:
one. I constantly cook, something my, etc. – hands spend a lot of time in water, as a result, the life of any coating decreases.
2 I have never been able to professionally apply several layers of varnish on my nails. Apparently, my hands were not created for this)) And I adhere to the principle – what to do somehow, it is better not to do at all.
Therefore, most of the time I saw my nails (I don’t like a great length), but I don’t cover it with varnish.
But I spend October and November with a manicure, so I thought about the pros and cons of lacquers. I’ll tell you about my thoughts and feelings, without claiming to absolute truth))
1. Long term. Of course, the biggest plus that absolutely everything will allocate is the lifetime of a manicure.
My previous one lasted 1.5 weeks. And the last I took … 3 weeks. But I used one secret, which my master discovered to me – on the first days after application, use only barely warm water (not very warm and not hot) and the smaller, the better.
I was moved by the fact that I declared myself an official day off!)) And in the first day I almost did not wet my hands. My homework, of course, was shocked by such an unexpected turn of events, but we experienced nothing))
In general, in my opinion, the most optimal time for a manicure with gel polish is 2 weeks. In my case, even by the end of the 3rd week, the gel polish on the nails of the thumbs, the ring fingers and the little fingers turned out to be in perfect condition! But since the nails by this time were already branches, it looked anyway not very beautiful.
As a result, gel polish results from a long service life. lots of others pros – You do not need to bother with a manicure before every appearance or reception of guests, the lack of smell (for me, an allergy, it is also important), plus the preservation of the brightness of the coating.
2. Cost. Of course, the cost of a manicure with a gel polish is significantly different from the usual. But, again, if you consider that it is not for a couple of days, but for two weeks, the difference is not so significant. Especially in my case, when I do the usual manicure myself, too.
3. Time. Putting gel varnish requires more time. How much this is an essential moment – everyone decides for himself.
4. Removing the coating. In principle, gel polish can be removed on its own using acetone. But this method can not be called gentle to the nails. And the usual nail polish remover will not work in this case. The best option is to remove the coating master.
Plain lacquer – the pros and cons
In principle, everything is from the reverse, rather than in the case of gel polish.
1. Short service life. Of course, it is difficult to compare it with gel varnish. But! There are two points.
The first – again, use the little secret about which I already wrote – on the first day to minimize the contact of the nails (and varnish, respectively) with water, especially warm.
The second point – after all, varnish varnish strife. The one on the photo has been with me for 4 days already and during this time of defects – only one small scratch, which can be seen only by looking closely. The master said that the lacquer of this company lasts up to 10 days. In my opinion, a great option, eh?
2. Smell. The usual varnish, as usual, has its own smell. But in this case he was not at all strong. But the smell of the fixing coating was quite sharp for me. But if you are not allergic, you may not pay attention to such things.
3. Application time. Of course, it is significantly less than with gel polish. Even if, as I have now, varnish in three layers.
4. Relevance. With gel polish, you should carefully plan your clothes for the next two weeks in advance. With the usual, you can not bother and do it for a specific image.
5. Rest for nails. Still, from the gel polish to the nails from time to time, too, need to relax, and then the usual varnish will be a worthy alternative. Although, of course, it is better for marigolds to spend time relaxing without any covering at all.
For myself, I can say that a definite answer to the question – Is it better to use ordinary or gel polish? – not. In one situation, the first option is good, in the other – the second. But in order to make the right choice in every situation, you need to be aware of the pros and cons of each coverage.
Girls, what kind of manicure do you prefer?