Finally, the hands reached the manicure, but lately there was absolutely no time. There was so much time that I decided to try out my long-time acquisition – stamping. I bought it a long time ago, I tried it, nothing happened and I threw it on the far shelf. For a long time I just didn’t know how to make a round plate work, and recently I had an idea …
For those who are not yet familiar with the stamping, briefly review: this is a way of applying patterns on the nails. Patterns are created with the help of a metal disk, in which the grooves forming the pattern are cut. Included is a scraper and the actual stamp of thick soft rubber.
The technology is not so complicated. Nails are painted with varnish, which will serve as a background. As a lacquer for the pattern, you should choose a dense, thick, highly pigmented lacquer that will not be lost and fade against the background of the substrate (I advise you not to test it on the nails beforehand).
This varnish is copiously applied over the selected pattern on the disc. Scraper clean off excess. In the grooves, the lacquer remains, and we transfer it to the stamp, by one movement rolling it over the pattern. Then, in the same smooth and precise movement, we roll a stamp over the nail – the entire lacquer lags behind the gum and clings to the nail plate.
The difficulties in my case were that for the first time I bought cheap stamping – only 60 rubles. It was a pity to spend more money on something completely new to me. The quality was expectedly disappoint – the slots in the disk were not deep enough.
Therefore, when I was scrubbing the disc, the coarse scraper squeezed the entire varnish out of the slots – there was nothing to transfer to the sponge. If I did not press so hard on the scraper, then not all the varnish was scraped off the plate and the drawing was fuzzy.
I even tried to use old plastic cards as a scraper, but they did not help either. I spent a long time in my head, what else could I use as a scraper, and I had the idea to use a dangerous blade. It is moderately elastic and has a clear edge – that is, it does not squeeze out the varnish, but it will not leave it on the surface of the plate.
The idea of what is called a million. All my hopes were met by 100%. I pasted over the blade (except for the working edge) with adhesive tape so as not to cut myself and go!
As a base, I used Golden Rose Rich Color 52 in two layers.
The lacquer for the pattern is Letualevsky black, without a single label, so I won’t say the number. Selected for this role, because it is very dense, good even in one layer, respectively, and the pattern will be bright and clear.
We drip varnish on the selected pattern:
Remove excess blade:
We transfer to the nail. The result is such a nails:
What you should pay attention to:
1. After you move the excess varnish to the side, it is important to act quickly: quickly roll over the tile, quickly transfer to the nail. A small amount of varnish in the recesses of the disc dries very quickly and is no longer glued to the stamp.
2. Placing a drawing on the nail is even more difficult than turning up all the other manipulations – either I have something with an eye, or the convex surface of the stamp confuses me, but to arrange the drawing exactly is an impossible task for me.
3. If suddenly a misfortune occurred with the drawing, you can try to wash the drawing without touching the substrate – just lightly rub the nail with a cotton pad with a small amount of nail polish on the nail. Since the pattern is much thinner than the base coat, it is usually erased without damage to the latter.
4. To cover the entire manicure with a transparent varnish is something else. Clear varnish instantly dissolves the drawing and brings it. Therefore, I actually flooded the nail with transparent varnish, gently pressing the brush to the nail. The layer turned out to be very thick, but I sprayed the manicure with the Avon dryer (at last it came).
5. The picture is not always transferred from the disk to the stamp and from the stamp to the nail. It seems to me that this is because of the varnish, it dries quickly all the same. In general, there are special varnishes for stemping – they are much thicker and dry longer. I will try all the varnishes from my collection for now.
Despite the huge number of difficulties and nuances that I encountered, I still liked this method. And let it be for the first time not as smooth and clear as we would like, but I really want to try again.
Stemping is a very convenient way to create thin and elegant pictures on the nails, Palekh miniature is simple. I want to try new patterns and varnishes. I don’t want to go broke on the original Konad and Lesly tiles, but I plan to order replicas. Judging by the reviews on the Internet – their quality is much better.