Since nature cheated me with long, thick and bright eyelashes, I have to give expressiveness to my eyes with a pencil. Eyeliner is the most important element in my makeup bag. I am nowhere without him.
The basic rules that I adhere to:
1. Never I do not buy too soft and too hard pencils. The first because of the fact that they are smeared on the eyes, the second because they strongly scratch the eyelids. In the store I check the pencil on the back of my hand. It is believed that in this place the skin is most similar to the skin of the eyelids.
2. Before makeup my eyes, I put on my eyelids some foundation, to degrease them and give stability to future makeup. In my case, this procedure coincides with the application of a tonal base on the face as a whole.
3. Always use well sharpened pencil. It is much more convenient for me to draw them (even in those cases when I need fairly wide lines and strokes).
4. In most cases I use black pencil. It fits absolutely any makeup.
Features day makeup
To paint my eyes with a pencil, I always start the same way. I put fine lines along the growth of eyelashes (towards the outer corner of the eye). Then a little thicken the lines with small strokes, so that they gradually thicken towards the outer corner. This allows you to give your eyes expressiveness and at the same time not narrow them in size.
Variants of drawing lines may be different. I usually use the following:
– I bring only the upper eyelid
– I bring only half of the upper eyelid
– I bring up the upper and lower eyelids
– I bring the upper eyelid and half of the lower
– I bring half of the upper and half (or 2/3) of the lower eyelid
Each of these options gives its effect. For example, the more the eye is outlined, the more expressively. But at the same time it will look smaller. Since I am not the owner of big eyes, in everyday makeup I prefer the first two options.
Lines drawn on the outer eyelid, I usually finish small arrows, directed towards the temple. This gives the view greater openness. All irregularities and inaccuracies are carefully wiped with a cotton swab previously moistened with makeup remover.
At the end of all dry cotton swab or sponge (if available) a little feathering already ready lines and I put on mascara on eyelashes.
Features evening makeup
In general, the principle of the initial application of evening makeup is similar to the day. But in this case, the line I draw on the order thicker and then thoroughly feather them along with shadows in the direction of the temples. The eyes are very bright and expressive.
I used to paint with black pencil to make my eyes look superb inner eyelids. But at the same time the eyes are very noticeably reduced in size. Therefore, over time, I completely abandoned it.
Do you use eyeliner?