I do not remember exactly when I first saw on sale acrylic paints. But 4-5 years ago they were not in stores exactly, at least in my city. Or I did not see them point-blank … And lately, their popularity has been such that it becomes strange that we used to somehow manage without them.
Now acrylic paints are used to cover a wide variety of surfaces – wood, plastic, concrete, leather, paper, ceramics, fabrics, glass. Well, and workers of beauty salons in which there is a nail service, too, were not taken aback and began to paint their nails.
Why acrylic paints?
What exactly this kind of paint attracted attention for painting nails? I think this is due to their many advantages, such as:
1. Their use does not require applying a primer to the nails.
2. Ease of operation. To create such a manicure it is not at all necessary to be able to draw well.
3. The ability to correct the error. Poorly produced stroke can be washed off due to the easy solubility of acrylic paints in water.
4. Room for creativity. There are several techniques of painting nails with acrylic paints. For example, watercolor, when the layer is very thin, or oil with a thick dense coating.
5. The possibility of applying several layers one after another due to rapid drying.
6. Flexibility. Due to this property, the paint does not crack or crumble into small pieces when applying numerous layers.
7. Lack of vapors interfering with painting.
8. Resistance to external factors. They are able to remain bright and shiny for a long time.
Do you buy acrylic paints? For what purpose?