maintenance, care, compatibility
Muddy aquarium: from what and why the water becomes cloudy, what to do
Preparations eliminating mechanical turbidity in an aquarium
Cleaning the aquarium leads to raising of the particles of fodder and fish waste that have settled on the ground, and also involves scraping off the deposits from the walls of the aquarium. Naturally, after this water turns into a suspension with all these smallest particles.
Many inexperienced aquarists panic at once and do not know what to do if the water in the aquarium dims. In fact, you do not need to do anything.
A filter installed in the aquarium will partially remove the solid particles floating in the water. The rest will again settle to the bottom, and gradually the water will again become transparent.
As a rule, you just need to wait 2-3 days.
What if the water in the aquarium dims after running the fish?
Natural turbidity is also caused by the launch of new fish. Since with them you start a part of the liquid, which has its own biological composition, you can observe that the water in the aquarium has become turbid.
Patience will have to be reserved, because it will take some time until the biological balance is established in the aquarium.
And in order that this balance is established as soon as possible, it is not necessary to immediately rush to change the water. Frequent change of water only delays the process of establishing balance, since everything starts from the beginning.
Microorganisms that have entered the water must undergo a process of competition; this usually takes 2-3 days. No measures need to be taken, all “extra” microorganisms self-destruct or will be destroyed by good bacteria, and the water will again become clear.
When the water grows cloudy without your intervention, that is, not after cleaning or launching new fish, this indicates violations of the aquarium content. You can determine the cause of the color of turbidity:
- greenish cloudiness suggests unicellular algae breeding;
- brown tint occurs due to tannins and humic substances present in poorly prepared soil and snags;
- whitish dregs speaks of the proliferation of bacteria due to the increased content of nitrates.
And in these situations, an immediate total cleaning of the aquarium with full water replacement and thorough cleaning of the filters is required.
Muddy water in an aquarium is a common phenomenon that almost every aquarist has encountered. Sometimes the causes of the problem are found quickly, and sometimes it takes a long time to figure out why the water has become cloudy.
How to deal with the formation of turbidity, what is recommended to do and what is not?
The causes of muddy water in an aquarium can be varied, and it is not as easy to deal with them as it seems at first glance.
- Turbidity can occur due to swimming in the pond of small particles of algae, solid organics and cyanobacteria. There is another unobtrusive reason – poor washing of the aquarium soil and inaccurate pouring water from a clean tank. This type of turbidity does not threaten the water and the fish, you can do nothing with it. After some time, the muddy part of the water will settle, or seep into the filter, remaining there. The formation of turbidity can provoke fish who love to plow the ground, but these actions for the reservoir are completely harmless.
- Turbid water in an aquarium can be caused by cichlids, goldfish and tail finch fish – their active movement in a reservoir is the cause of the resulting turbidity. If a filter is not installed in the tank, it will be difficult to clean the water.
- Often, muddy water appears after the first start of the aquarium, after the fresh water inlet. Nothing to do, in a day or two the sediment will fall to the ground and disappear. The mistake of novice aquarists is a partial or complete renewal of water, which is considered a gross error. When adding new water to a newly launched aquarium, the bacteria will become even more! If the aquarium is small, you can install a sponge filter that quickly cleans the pond.
Watch the video about the device and the operation of the internal filter.
- Malicious bacteria in an aquarium can also be causes of turbidity. When the water becomes green, then it’s time to draw conclusions – this is an unnatural color. Muddy and green water is formed due to overcrowding of the aquarium with fish or plants. That is, the aquarium fluid passes through the filter, but is not cleaned. The abundance of metabolic products provokes the formation of putrefactive microorganisms, ciliates and other unicellular. If ciliates are beneficial, the bacteria can harm the plants – they will start to rot. In order not to be surprised why fish and plants often get sick – watch the aquarium clean and tidy.
- Why still breed single-celled? Because you do not have time to clean the tank after heavy feeding. For aquarism it is better to underfeed than to feed. This rule will protect the fish from problems. After overfeeding again the water got cloudy – what to do? Arrange a pet unloading diet for a couple of days, the bacteria will die out, the water biobalance will be restored.
- Incorrectly installed decoration. Snags, plastic materials of poor quality dissolve in water, forming a muddy shade. If the scenery is new wooden, but untreated – they can be boiled or infused in salt solution. Plastic snags should be replaced with new ones.
- In the old, stagnant nursery with fish, sediment is formed due to “whiteness after fish treatment”, this is when drugs and purification chemistry for aquarium glass were used in the pond. Such substances have a number of side effects, they disrupt the biological equilibrium, neutralizing the favorable microflora.
Now we know the reasons why the water grows cloudy in the aquarium, and what to do in each case. However, there are general rules, without which it is impossible to completely eliminate the problem.
- Siphonte the ground in the aquarium. Open the filter, rinse and clean. Then add activated carbon to it – this needs to be done to absorb harmful substances. It is forbidden to make a complete replacement of water and washing the aquarium soil, otherwise the beneficial bacteria will die out and will not be able to process rot and algae.
See how to siphon the soil in the aquarium.
- In some cases, it is necessary to do an intensive aeration of the aquarium – when there are a lot of fish feed residues and a fasting day is not enough. Oxygen will quickly remove excess organic matter.
- If an unpleasant smell disappears in an aquarium, it means that the struggle with mist is over successfully. Also for elimination of bacterial turbidity it is possible to use elodeya, having landed it superficially in a ground.
Drugs that prevent the appearance of a cloudy precipitate
What to do if the water in the aquarium is turbid :: the water in the aquarium becomes cloudy what to do :: Aquarium fish
Occasionally water at aquarium starts to grow cloudy. There are many reasons why this process occurs.
It can be associated with both the vital activity of fish and the quality of food, as well as with various objects inside the aquarium, including the filter. In itself, the turbidity of water in aquarium harmless, but you still need to identify and eliminate the causes of this phenomenon.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
In most cases, the reason for the turbidity of water becomes the mass reproduction of bacteria. If your aquarium is new, you can not worry – this is a completely normal phenomenon, which will eventually pass. If your aquarium has “matured” for a long time, be sure to transplant the fish into another container and change the water.
Sometimes water begins to cloud due to improper use of chemicals. Therefore, once again carefully re-read the instructions to detect your mistake, and then transplant the fish into another aquarium, as there is a risk of poisoning. fish. These products include, for example, fresh meat or improperly thawed feed.
In this case, change the diet of the inhabitants of the aquarium, using high-quality food. Sometimes water begins to be painted in different, not at all characteristic tones.
In most cases, this is due to the color of the decorations of the aquarium. For example, peat or wood colors water brown, while pink gravel gives the water a reddish tint.
In most cases, this phenomenon is not dangerous for fish. In order to get rid of strange shades, simply treat the water with the help of tablets of activated carbon, as they are excellent absorbents. Water may become cloudy as a result of lifting substances that have accumulated in the substrate of the aquarium.
The release of such a substance can occur as a result of the activities of the fish or the person himself. On this occasion, do not worry – the mule should get a filtration system. If a water starts to grow cloudy, then be sure to check the filter – it is possible that it is broken or not working sufficiently intensively.
Quite often, dead fish cause water pollution. In big aquarium it is quite difficult to notice a small dead fish that has sunk to the bottom. Therefore, try as often as possible to check the aquarium and its pets.
When a dead fish is found, immediately catch it from the water, as it begins to decompose very quickly.
How to get rid of dregs in an aquarium :: how to clean white dregs in an aquarium :: Fish aquarium
Many aquarists are faced with the problem of turbidity in aquariums. There are several reasons for this phenomenon – algae bloom, biological surge, high levels of organic carbon.
How to get rid of dregs at aquarium?
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. Appearance white or gray dregs in new aquarium can be connected in the ground bookmark. Rinse the soil thoroughly before placing it in the aquarium.
As a rule, 1-2 days after the water has been laid, aquarium becomes transparent. The presence of turbid water for three or more days after placing the soil may indicate insufficient thorough washing.
2. If after filling the soil in the new aquarium, the water became transparent, and then the turbidity reappeared – this indicates the establishment of the biological equilibrium of the system. Such dregs are called bacterial. After the formation of a sufficient number of beneficial bacteria, it usually disappears on its own.
In order to make life easier for the fish during this period, it is recommended to replace 1/4 of the aquarium’s water daily. Try to feed the fish as little as possible.
In the first month of use of the aquarium do not run there too many inhabitants.
3. The cause of the appearance of green dregs at aquarium is usually algae bloom. To remove green dregs It is necessary to change 1/4 of water daily.
Remove and rinse the filter media of the aquarium filter thoroughly. Reduce the amount of feed.
Turn off the light and do not turn it on until the green dregs disappear. If possible, purchase a special UV sterilizer or use algae remedies sold in pet stores. To avoid the appearance of green dregs, It is recommended to place the aquarium in such a way that it does not fall into direct sunlight. It is strictly forbidden to place aquariums on the windows on the south side.
4. The appearance of yellow dregs can be triggered by several factors. Such an effect may occur from an excess of fish waste products.
In this case, you need to purchase a more powerful aquarium filter. If you recently placed a snag in the aquarium – most likely the reason for the appearance of yellow dregs in this one. You should know that the process of leaching the wood pigment lasts from 2 to 6 months. After that, the water will again become transparent.
During this period it is recommended to change the water in aquarium a little more often than usual. Another cause of the appearance of yellow dregs there may be rotting plants. Remove dead and diseased algae from the aquarium.
Conduct water purification with activated carbon. However, you should know that it absorbs from the water not only harmful, but also useful substances.
Therefore, the maximum use of the carbon filter is one week. After applying this filter, you need to make sure that all other indicators of water remained normal.