maintenance, care, compatibility
The causes of muddy water in an aquarium can be varied, and it is not as easy to deal with them as it seems at first glance.
- Turbidity can occur due to swimming in the pond of small particles of algae, solid organics and cyanobacteria. There is another unobtrusive reason – poor washing of the aquarium soil and inaccurate pouring water from a clean tank. This type of turbidity does not threaten the water and the fish, you can do nothing with it. After some time, the muddy part of the water will settle, or seep into the filter, remaining there. The formation of turbidity can provoke fish who love to plow the ground, but these actions for the reservoir are completely harmless.
- Turbid water in an aquarium can be caused by cichlids, goldfish and tail finch fish – their active movement in a reservoir is the cause of the resulting turbidity. If a filter is not installed in the tank, it will be difficult to clean the water.
- Often, muddy water appears after the first start of the aquarium, after the fresh water inlet. Nothing to do, in a day or two the sediment will fall to the ground and disappear. The mistake of novice aquarists is a partial or complete renewal of water, which is considered a gross error. When adding new water to a newly launched aquarium, the bacteria will become even more! If the aquarium is small, you can install a sponge filter that quickly cleans the pond.
Watch the video about the device and the operation of the internal filter.
- Malicious bacteria in an aquarium can also be causes of turbidity. When the water becomes green, then it’s time to draw conclusions – this is an unnatural color. Muddy and green water is formed due to overcrowding of the aquarium with fish or plants. That is, the aquarium fluid passes through the filter, but is not cleaned. The abundance of metabolic products provokes the formation of putrefactive microorganisms, ciliates and other unicellular. If ciliates are beneficial, the bacteria can harm the plants – they will start to rot. In order not to be surprised why fish and plants often get sick – watch the aquarium clean and tidy.
- Why still breed single-celled? Because you do not have time to clean the tank after heavy feeding. For aquarism it is better to underfeed than to feed. This rule will protect the fish from problems. After overfeeding again the water got cloudy – what to do? Arrange a pet unloading diet for a couple of days, the bacteria will die out, the water biobalance will be restored.
- Incorrectly installed decoration. Snags, plastic materials of poor quality dissolve in water, forming a muddy shade. If the scenery is new wooden, but untreated – they can be boiled or infused in salt solution. Plastic snags should be replaced with new ones.
- In the old, stagnant nursery with fish, sediment is formed due to “whiteness after fish treatment”, this is when drugs and purification chemistry for aquarium glass were used in the pond. Such substances have a number of side effects, they disrupt the biological equilibrium, neutralizing the favorable microflora.
Now we know the reasons why the water grows cloudy in the aquarium, and what to do in each case. However, there are general rules, without which it is impossible to completely eliminate the problem.
- Siphonte the ground in the aquarium. Open the filter, rinse and clean. Then add activated carbon to it – this needs to be done to absorb harmful substances. It is forbidden to make a complete replacement of water and washing the aquarium soil, otherwise the beneficial bacteria will die out and will not be able to process rot and algae.
See how to siphon the soil in the aquarium.
- In some cases, it is necessary to do an intensive aeration of the aquarium – when there are a lot of fish feed residues and a fasting day is not enough. Oxygen will quickly remove excess organic matter.
- If an unpleasant smell disappears in an aquarium, it means that the struggle with mist is over successfully. Also for elimination of bacterial turbidity it is possible to use elodeya, having landed it superficially in a ground.
Drugs that prevent the appearance of a cloudy precipitate
Muddy water in the aquarium: what to do -description of problems photo video.
The clouding of an aquarium is one of the most common problems that even the most avid and experienced aquarists face. Only a few know why the water in the aquarium becomes cloudy. The reasons for this trouble can be several.
This is a bacterial outbreak, and a rare replacement of water, and improper feeding of the inhabitants of this home “reservoir”. There may be other causes.
In some cases, it is enough to eliminate or eliminate the causes of turbidity in the aquarium so that the balance is fully restored. However, often this phenomenon leads to the fact that fish and plants are dying in muddy water.
First of all, the “decorative fish farmer” needs to find out the cause of flowering or turbidity of water. Any action should be taken only after this.
Water in an aquarium quickly becomes turbid: what reasons can?
Turbid water in an aquarium is not uncommon when starting a home pond. This is due to the fact that a bacterial outbreak occurs, which is caused by the active reproduction of single-celled organisms in water.
That is why the settlement of fish is better to postpone for a while. You need to wait some time to establish a balance in the water, and it will become transparent.
If you change the water, then again there will be a blurred water in the aquarium.
If the water in the new aquarium dims, it should take at least 5-7 days. Only after that you can safely run the fish.
During this time, biological balance will be restored. To speed up this process, you can add some water from the old aquarium.
Often, the aquarium becomes turbid due to overfeeding the fish. Water spoils quite quickly if food is not completely eaten by the inhabitants of the mini-reservoir. It settles at the bottom of the tank and can spoil the life-giving moisture.
This is another common cause of this problem.
Water turbidity in the aquarium can be expected as a result of poor filtration of water. The cleaning system must be well thought out. This is especially important when there are many inhabitants in an aquarium.
If the problem is not resolved in time, it can cause the fish to become poisoned with decay products. “Residents of the reservoir” of this relationship may not survive.
The problem of green and muddy water in an aquarium can be hidden in a microscopic alga, or more precisely in its rapid growth. If organic matter accumulates at the bottom or too much light is directed to the reservoir, then microscopic algae can actively grow. But when the lighting is not enough, the algae will turn brown and begin to rot.
If the water in the aquarium quickly becomes cloudy and smells unpleasant, the root of the problem may lie in the growth of blue-green algae.
How to get rid of dregs in an aquarium :: how to clean white dregs in an aquarium :: Fish aquarium
Many aquarists are faced with the problem of turbidity in aquariums. There are several reasons for this phenomenon – algae bloom, biological surge, high levels of organic carbon.
How to get rid of dregs at aquarium?
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. Appearance white or gray dregs in new aquarium can be connected in the ground bookmark. Rinse the soil thoroughly before placing it in the aquarium.
As a rule, 1-2 days after the water has been laid, aquarium becomes transparent. The presence of turbid water for three or more days after placing the soil may indicate insufficient thorough washing.
2. If after filling the soil in the new aquarium, the water became transparent, and then the turbidity reappeared – this indicates the establishment of the biological equilibrium of the system. Such dregs are called bacterial.
After the formation of a sufficient number of beneficial bacteria, it usually disappears on its own. In order to make life easier for the fish during this period, it is recommended to replace 1/4 of the aquarium’s water daily.
Try to feed the fish as little as possible. In the first month of use of the aquarium do not run there too many inhabitants.
3. The cause of the appearance of green dregs at aquarium is usually algae bloom. To remove green dregs It is necessary to change 1/4 of water daily. Remove and rinse the filter media of the aquarium filter thoroughly.
Reduce the amount of feed. Turn off the light and do not turn it on until the green dregs disappear. If possible, purchase a special UV sterilizer or use algae remedies sold in pet stores. To avoid the appearance of green dregs, It is recommended to place the aquarium in such a way that it does not fall into direct sunlight.
It is strictly forbidden to place aquariums on the windows on the south side.
4. The appearance of yellow dregs can be triggered by several factors. Such an effect may occur from an excess of fish waste products.
In this case, you need to purchase a more powerful aquarium filter. If you recently placed a snag in the aquarium – most likely the reason for the appearance of yellow dregs in this one. You should know that the process of leaching the wood pigment lasts from 2 to 6 months.
After that, the water will again become transparent. During this period it is recommended to change the water in aquarium a little more often than usual. Another cause of the appearance of yellow dregs there may be rotting plants.
Remove dead and diseased algae from the aquarium. Conduct water purification with activated carbon. However, you should know that it absorbs from the water not only harmful, but also useful substances.
Therefore, the maximum use of the carbon filter is one week. After applying this filter, you need to make sure that all other indicators of water remained normal.