maintenance, care, compatibility
Water change in the aquarium, what kind of water is needed for the aquarium?
Let’s talk about the questions asked in order:
In order for chlorine to evaporate and a 24-hour excess of dissolved oxygen will be enough to keep the tap water. The maximum water for the aquarium defend 14 days.
This should be done in a bowl with a wide neck.
I note that in pet stores sold a large number of specials. preparations for adaptation of tap water (for example, AquaSafe from the Tetra series, etc.). In addition, these drugs have additional additives that improve the quality of aquarium water.
I strongly recommend using them.
Frequently asked questions: About changing aquarium water, for example, is it possible to replace aquarium water (1/4 volume) with undisturbed tap water?
– Nothing bad can happen (one thing, but: it should be about the same temperature as in the aquarium, do not pour ice water from the tap). But still, if you are a caring owner or fish are expensive … Do not be lazy to defend the water.
When changing aquarium water, always remember that old water is always better than fresh water. In many sources, they talk about the need to replace the weekly aquarium water to fresh.
Personally, I disagree with that. Since the older the aquarium water, the better it is configured biological balance. I replace the aquarium water in my aquariums about once a month and I think that this is quite enough.
For ten years aquarium management complaints from aquarium fish on this issue have been reported.
Making conclusions and summing up, I emphasize:
– Frequent change of aquarium water is not needed!
– The frequency of changing the aquarium water to fresh depends on the volume of your aquarium. The larger the aquarium, the less need to replace the aquarium water.
– The change of aquarium water can be done with undisturbed water (up to 1/5 parts). But not desirable. )))
– The clouding of aquarium water after a fresh substitution is a direct evidence of an imbalance in the aquarium. (clouding will pass by itself, in 3-5 days).
– Answering the question what kind of water is needed for an aquarium and fish? I will say – better than old than new. If the water is green, dirty or muddy – use aquarium coal and other specials. drugs.
In addition, consider the specifics of your fish. For example, discus – very picky to the conditions of detention and require frequent replacement of new super high-quality water and high temperature.
– Carrying out a complete change of aquarium water (restarting the aquarium), pour into the container and leave at least 1/3 of the old water. Exception, disease and quarantine aquarium!
– Changing the aquarium water should follow the cleaning of the aquarium, and not vice versa.
I recommend also to read the article. AQUARIUM WATER from which you will learn about the qualitative components of aquarium water and methods for balancing them in the home.
Video about changing the water in the aquarium:
Aquarium for beginners
Aquarium water temperature
Boiled thawed or distilled water for aquarium. Category: Aquarium Articles / EQUIPMENT AND FACILITY AQUARIUM | Views: 34 635 | Date: 5-03-2013, 10:11 | Comments (2) We also recommend reading:
- – Fluorescent, glowing fish GloFish
- – What is rH redox potential of aquarium water
- – How to leave the aquarium and fish alone and unattended and go on vacation or business trip
- – The background for the aquarium, how to glue and fasten
- – Soil for the aquarium, which soil is better?
How to prepare the water for the aquarium – a full description.
The main reason for this is harmful impurities that can harm the inhabitants of our aquarium. After settling, solids sometimes appear in the sediment.
Initially clear water after a while can grow turbid.
Many aquarists leave the water for substitution to breathe for a few days, and so that all harmful suspensions evaporate for a week. This assumption is partly true, but it cannot guarantee the quality of the prepared water.
Before we do something, we always know why we need to do it. By keeping tap water outside the pipeline, we are trying to improve its performance so that it does not harm our fish.
In other words, when defending water, we get rid of most of the malicious components.
Conditionally harmful substances in the water can be divided into:
- solid (precipitates to the bottom);
- gaseous (volatilized from water to the environment);
- liquid (initially dissolved and remaining in water).
The process of settling can affect only solid and gaseous mixtures, and it does not affect liquid substances in any way.
What should be the temperature of the water in the aquarium?
Water temperature for the aquarium plays a crucial role. It depends on the health and ability of fish to breed.
For each species of fish, a completely different water temperature is suitable. Conventionally, all the inhabitants of the aquarium can be divided into heat-loving and cold-loving.
By heat-loving include fish living in the water, the temperature of which is not below 18 degrees. Cold fishes are individuals that easily adapt to low temperatures. They can safely live in the aquarium, the temperature in which, will not exceed 14 degrees.
The maintenance of cold-loving fish is possible only in large and spacious aquariums.
It is noteworthy that if the heat-loving fish are planted in cold water, then they practically stop swimming. This suggests that significant damage has been done to their health. Preparing water for the aquarium, you should use the tips for beginners, which can be found in the special literature.
So, it is possible to choose the optimum temperature for water only after it becomes known exactly which species of fish will live in it.
The thing is that in the literature for each type of fish is given the permissible threshold of the highest and lowest temperatures at which the fish will feel comfortable. In accordance with these parameters, you can choose the future inhabitants of the aquarium so that they all feel comfortable in the same temperature conditions.
This will avoid a huge number of problems associated with the maintenance and care of the fish.
How much to defend the water for the aquarium?
To finally get rid of all the harmful substances contained in the water, it must be defended for 1-2 weeks. For the backlog of water is better to use a large bucket or basin.
Also, when buying a new aquarium, leave water in it and drain it at least once. At the same time, this way you can check if the aquarium is leaking.
Some pet stores sell special products that neutralize chemical compounds in water. But experts recommend not to neglect the settling of water, even using these drugs.
AQUAIUM SPRAYER AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT.
Very often, having decided to engage in aquarism, lovers carefully choose a tank for a home pond, think through where to place it, what fish and plants to fill. However, they completely forget about the main and most important component of this whole system – water.
As a rule, aquariums are filled with the most readily available water, most often tap water. Very few people think about its parameters.
And if it thinks, it is only about whether it is suitable for fish. However, plants are no less demanding of water, although they respond more slowly to its quality.
In this article we will touch on one of the important parameters – rigidity. After all, not least it depends on it, whether the aquarium will become as it is conceived or not.