maintenance, care, compatibility
You are attracted to fish, and you want to make pets at home? Then it’s time to learn a few rules for the care of the aquarium and aquatic plants.
By the way, it is useful to those who already have their own miniature lake. How to wash, what to clean, where to identify fish, or how to prepare a tank for running pets – read on the best ways to cope with the task without the use of expensive tools.
We are preparing the aquarium to launch the fish at home
The so-called normal cleaning of the aquarium is required to remove green deposits from the walls and with some water pollution. The procedure is carried out as needed, but not often, about once every 2-4 weeks. What should be done:
- Take out the turbine pump and wash it with a brush (you can take a small toothbrush);
- Use a scraper for aquariums to clean the walls of the plaque;
- Drain a third of the water and replace it with a settled;
- Turn on the pump, aerator, light, install clean, washed equipment.
Remember that this cleaning aquarium does not require the removal of fish from the water. And a little advice: to guess that you need to clean the aquarium is simple – a weak flow of water signals that the filter is clogged, it is time to wash it!
Restarting is called partial or complete replacement of plants, thorough cleaning of the walls. The procedure should be carried out only in the presence of infections, complete water pollution or if you got the “water world” from a careless owner and you need to completely clean up all the consequences of such “care.”
- Catch fish and put in a temporary shelter;
- Drain all the water, catch and rinse using baking soda or special solutions “interior” of the aquarium;
- Remove and clean soil fractions contaminated with excrement, rotten plants and other debris. This is done under a stream of water, in parts (preferably using a strainer), and with very noticeable dirt, the ground is completely changed. By the way, a good result is provided by cleaning with a siphon or a hose with a watering can at the end: open the water, run the watering can into the ground and rinse it turns out perfectly. If an infection has started in the ground, then it must be boiled in water. Usually, the soil is cleaned every 3-4 weeks;
- Washing the walls of the aquarium is the next stage of work. Glass needs to be washed completely. To do this, use a nylon sponge for washing dishes, scrapers (for removing plaque) and other improvised means. It is important not to scratch the walls of the aquarium, otherwise it is in such scratches that all the dirt will collect. Disinfection of the tank is carried out by means of boiling water, then the glass is cooled;
- Pour water on a third of the volume;
- Lay the soil and put back all the washed accessories (without plants);
- Let the water stand for about a week and you can plant plants that have survived in normal form, supplementing with new algae;
- Another 3-4 days and you can run the fish, topping up with water to the desired volume.
It takes time and some money to complete a full cleaning of the aquarium, but this is not all: before filling the tank with fish, it is necessary to conduct water samples.
How to clean an aquarium :: a large or small aquarium is easier to clean :: Household :: Other
It is almost impossible to create an ideal environment in a homemade artificial pond in which the aquarium would not have to be washed and cleaned at all. Of course, the snails and some other inhabitants partially cope with the pollution that has appeared, but a moment comes when the owner’s help cannot be dispensed with.
And here it is important to determine the optimal frequency of cleaning water house.
1. Clean the aquarium depends on its volume, because if your pond is less than 60 liters, then it will have to be cleaned quite often. At the initial stage, the cause of heavy pollution may be the absence of normal microflora in the aquarium, this indicates its incorrect start.
In this case, you can use special preparations that allow you to quickly populate the bacteria in the home water. If your aquarium is small, then you need to clean it as needed, it all depends on the specific conditions and well-being of aquatic inhabitants.
Very small aquariums of 10-15 liters are usually cleaned once a week.
2. Cleaning the aquarium involves bleaching the scenery, washing artificial plants and, of course, removing plaque from the walls. Regarding water, regardless of the time of general cleaning, it is partially necessary to replace it approximately once every one or two weeks.
If you think that the aquarium has to be cleaned too often, then try to reduce the amount of food. It is possible that the aquarium filter does not cope with the number of inhabitants and the volume of water, in this case it is worth replacing it or installing an additional one.
3. Consider that the more inhabitants fall on the volume of your aquarium, the more often it has to be cleaned, therefore it is not recommended to densely populate the home water body. In addition, you risk losing your pets. Not all types of aquarium fish are able to adapt to frequent water changes and cleaning the aquarium.
Remember that with the right microflora, a month usually replaces no more than one third of the total water volume.
4. In general, if the volume of the aquarium is more than 100 liters, then it has to be cleaned quite rarely. If a large aquarium is equipped with all the necessary equipment, then it needs general cleaning no more than once a month.
Usually this procedure is limited to removing plaque from the walls using a special magnetic sponge. Sometimes during a partial water change, aquarists remove dirt from the bottom using a small hose with a pear at the end, but often the filters and the aquatic inhabitants themselves cope with this problem.
5. If you often have to clean a large-volume aquarium, this indicates an error in its content. Today there are special services and consultants on issues related to aquariums.
Turning to a specialist, you can find out the causes of pollution. Remember that the condition of your fish and plants directly depends on the state of the microflora in the aquarium.
Remember that too frequent replacement of water – stress for fish and plants, and if you have to completely change it, then there can be no question of stabilizing the microflora in the aquarium.
If you notice a brown fleecy plaque on the walls and plants, this indicates an invasion of brown algae, cleaning the aquarium is almost useless, you need to deal with the cause of the problem.
How to clean the aquarium, how to clean the aquarium
It should start with cleaning the bottom and bottom of the aquarium, because they are the most polluted in the entire aquarium. At the bottom accumulated remnants of feed and feed processed by a bug.
Therefore, it is better not to tighten up with cleaning and to hold it as the water at the bottom becomes muddy reddish. This shade of water gives the color of food. You can, of course, clean once a month, but often the water at the bottom and the ground get clogged faster.
If the special dirt is not visible, then moving the ground, it will be possible to see it, as it emerges. Soil is cleaned with a special tube with a plastic tip.
Its diameter should be such that the garbage can easily pass, while the soil should not be absorbed.
Washing the aquarium with chemical detergents and cleaning agents is strictly prohibited!
You can use a glass scraper, tubes for cleaning the soil and a water filter. Only such natural resources can clean the aquarium. Or take a basin, pour the ground, shells, algae there and wash all this thoroughly in several waters.
At the same time, it is also desirable to wash the turtles themselves, because all the rubbish is also deposited on them and their shell becomes unpleasantly slippery and muddy. At the same time, the aquarium itself can be washed by gently placing it in a bath using a rag or sponge.
How to wash plants from the aquarium :: disinfection of aquarium plants :: Aquarium fish
Plants in an aquarium are of great importance to its inhabitants, since they enrich the water with oxygen and absorb the carbon dioxide emitted by the fish. However, it must be remembered that an excess of aquatic plants can cause the death of the inhabitants of the aquarium.
In order for plants to grow well and not harm the fish, you should follow certain rules for their care.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
- – potassium permanganate solution;
- – hydrogen peroxide solution;
- – methylene blue solution;
- – warm water;
- – tank for washing plants.
1. It is necessary to equip the aquarium with a water filter. It must be regularly cleaned and disinfected (once every 2-3 weeks).
In addition, a prerequisite is the presence of illumination.
2. When processing an aquarium, it is necessary to wash not only the soil and other decorative elements, but also the plants, and it is also desirable to pre-disinfect them.
3. A solution of potassium permanganate is suitable for disinfection. To do this, dissolve 10 milligrams of dry crystalline matter in 1 liter of warm water. The resulting solution should be a pale pink color.
Soak the plant in it for 30 minutes, then rinse in running water.
4. You can also use 3% hydrogen peroxide solution. You can buy it at the pharmacy.
In this case, pour 10 milligrams of solution into a container with 1 liter of water. It is enough to immerse the plant for 5 minutes, then also rinse in running water.
5. Another disinfection method: use methylene blue solution. It is required to take 0.5 grams of dry product and dissolve in 1 liter of hot water.
The solution should have a pale blue color. Cool it to room temperature. Then put the plants in the solution, soak for 10 minutes.
After that, rinse with warm water.
6. In specialized stores you can buy ready-made disinfectant for plants and aquarium accessories and follow the instructions written on the package. Then you also need to thoroughly wash the plants in warm water.
7. After this, the plants must be carefully inspected, and dead leaves and other parts must be removed. Too big bushes need to be divided, very long roots cut.
This stimulates their growth and gives a decorative look to the aquarium.
With the wrong place to install the aquarium, algae parasites often grow, the decorative appearance is lost, and the water turns green. In another case, the walls of the aquarium and the leaves of aquatic plants can be covered with brown bloom.
If you brought a plant from a natural reservoir, treat disinfection especially carefully, because your pets may die from the introduced infection.
The filter in the aquarium is the most important part of the equipment, the life support system for your fish, which removes toxic waste, chemistry, and if it works correctly, it saturates the water in the aquarium with oxygen.
For the filter to work properly, it is necessary that useful bacteria be divorced inside it, and improper care kills them, as a result creating problems with balance.
Unfortunately, most of the filters lack simple and clear instructions for the user to understand.
All filters are different, small ones need to be washed weekly, and large ones can work without problems even for two months. The only correct way is to observe how quickly your filter becomes clogged with dirt.
In general, for the internal filter, the frequency is approximately once every two weeks, and for the external one from two weeks for very polluted aquariums, up to two months for cleaner ones.
Keep an eye on the flow of water from the filter, if it is weakened it is a signal that it is time to wash it.
Just wash the filter may not be the most successful idea, since you can destroy a colony of good bacteria in it. Therefore, it is important not to wash the filter when you make any global changes in the aquarium — a big water change, change the type of feed or frequency of feeding the fish, or launch a new fish.
At such times it is very important that the balance is stable, and the filter is a large part of the stable balance in the aquarium.