maintenance, care, compatibility
The choice of sand in this case plays a very important role. To the illusion of the waterfall was the most complete, you need to choose the sand based on several factors.
- Firstly, it should not be too small, since under the influence of the air flow it will fly apart in different directions (sprayed).
- Secondly, the sand should not be too large: large sand grains can create a cork in the main highway.
Therefore, in order to achieve the desired effect of a falling stream, the fraction of sand for each specific product is almost always selected by experience.
Perhaps every aquarist in love with his work wants his offspring to stand out with some special element of decor. A hand-made underwater waterfall that fits well into the overall interior of an aquarium can be just such an important element.
Make sure that the “sandfall” in the aquarium looks as impressive as a real waterfall, you can video:
When we plan to design our own aquarium, we naturally try to find the most amazing and interesting elements of decor that will help to unusually revive our underwater kingdom. One of these is the underwater waterfall in the aquarium.
This amazing aquarium miracle is actually a stream of fine white or clear sand circulating in the system. He gets from the bowl into the tube, with the help of a compressor with air bubbles is fed out, creating the desired effect of a waterfall, and then falls back into the bowl.
Waterfall in the aquarium with your own hands can be done quickly and easily by following simple instructions. It does not require special skills, moreover, such a device is quite cheap.
In our master class we will show you how to make a waterfall in an aquarium. For this we need:
- 1.5 l plastic bottle – 1 pc .;
- 0.5 l plastic bottle;
- dropper – 1 pc .;
- rubber water hose with a diameter of 1.2 cm – 30 cm;
- plastic water pipe 37 cm;
- silicone sealant;
- compressor – 1 pc .;
- narrow adhesive tape;
- We take a plastic plumbing tube and cut its three parts along. Bend them down and get support for the future of the waterfall.
- Glue germerikom tube with a hose.
- Departing from the bottom edge of the hose 3 cm, we make an incision of an oval shape measuring 2×1 cm.
- From the bottle of 1.5 liters and cut off the top and neck with a thread.
- Make an incision along the resulting bowl, and put it on the hose, bending back the incision made earlier (2×1 cm).
- We adjust the diameter of the bowl and glue the curved ends with thin tape.
- Thoroughly glue sealant place the junction of the bowl with a hose and leave to dry.
- At the top of the hose with the edge diagonally make an oval cut, size 2.5×1 cm.
- From the dropper, take a plastic tip and with glue, fasten it to the lower end of the hose and leave to dry.
- We put on the tip of the tube from the dropper, connect the other end of the tube with the compressor.
- We check the work of our waterfall made with their own hands in the aquarium. If everything works, proceed to the manufacture of the cap visor. It will regulate the release of sand.
- Take a plastic bottle of 0.5 liters and cut off the upper part, cutting off the neck with a thread. The result is a bowl 3 cm high.
- We make an incision on the side of the bowl, and fasten it to the top of the hose so as not to block the opening for the exit of air bubbles.
- Fix the visor with narrow tape and glue to the hose with a sealant. We leave our almost finished waterfall in the aquarium to dry out.
- When everything is ready, you can begin to decorate the waterfall with stones at your discretion. It is better to paste over a section of the future rock where the sand will crumble directly into smaller stones to form a depression. That’s what we did.
Nowadays, aquarium owners prefer waterfalls as a stylish and original decor element. He looks very beautiful and spectacular. At first glance, the phrase “waterfall in an aquarium” seems absurd.
Whence and where does water fall when the reservoir is already filled with it? Sand comes to the aid of the aquascapers, because it is the one that flows down from the top down. Due to this, the illusion of a waterfall is created.
Is it possible to create such a decoration at home? And what will it take to make a waterfall in an aquarium with your own hands?
Today, specialty stores are ready to offer a wide range of decorations in the form of a waterfall. Lovers of aqua design can purchase such a device by choosing the appropriate shape, size and cost. Waterfalls in stores can take various forms, such as the sphinx, tower, stalactite or rock.
The kit contains all the necessary elements that are needed for assembly and connection.
But aquascapers get real pleasure when they make this spectacular element of décor at home. How to make a waterfall in an aquarium with your own hands?
First of all, it is necessary to understand the principle of its work. The effect of falling water is achieved by flowing small grains of sand. First of all, you need to understand how the sand will rise to the surface, and then sink to the bottom.
This is due to the air compressor, which creates a vacuum effect in the tube in which the sand is located. Applied physics defines a similar phenomenon as injection. The grains of sand go up in the tube, and, having reached the outlet, flow down under the action of their weight.
Consequently, the main tasks in the design of the waterfall is to ensure two things: the continuity of this process and the patency of the pipe along which the sand rises.
Necessary components for making a waterfall
In the manufacture of the waterfall will require patience and accuracy. But if everything is done correctly, the result will surely please you with its beauty and originality.
How to make a waterfall in an aquarium with your own hands? The first step is to determine which unit will provide the injection effect. For this purpose, a great compressor for the aquarium, which is a necessary attribute of almost any home for fish.
The injected air will trap the grains of sand and lift them through the tube. The compressor is the first and main component for the manufactured device. You will also need the following items:
- Support for the waterfall, made of hard material. Its height corresponds to the size of the entire design of the decor. Any plastic pipe is perfect for use as a support. For stability, attach it to a rectangular base.
- Rubber hose section 10-15 millimeters. Its length will correspond to the height of the support from the previous point.
- The tube from the system for dropper.
- Plastic bottle with a capacity of 1.5 liters.
- Silicone glue.
- Stones of low weight for decorating designs.