maintenance, care, compatibility
How to get rid of the smell in the aquarium :: should the aquarium smell like :: Apartment and cottage :: Other
Some novice aquarists are faced with this situation: recently changed water suddenly begins to emit a whole bunch of unpleasant odors. The solution to this problem depends on the cause of the stench, and there may be several ways out.
The question “how to restore the certificate of registration of ownership of 1/4 apartments, the type of registered right is a common shared ownership” – 1 answer
1. The first thing that can be done is to thoroughly clean the aquarium and everything that is in it (stones, shells, decorative castles, houses, etc.). Rinse the inside of the glass well, as even if at first glance they seem to be clean, they may still have a slippery water stain on them.
If a few days later from the aquarium again smells unpleasant, you need to look for more reasons in more detail.
2. First, determine which smell comes from your tank. If it smells a bit of mud or swamp, you can calm down. This fragrance means only that everything is in order with him and his inhabitants.
This aquarium should smell like a river.
3. If you feel completely different unpleasant odors – rotten eggs, onions or garlic, you must take decisive action. The smell of onions can produce some aquatic plants.
For example, if in your aquarium cryptocarins live, there may be such a smell. In this case, add to them a pair of ambulium bushes, a little hornpole, and a few hemianthus bushes.
Unpleasant aroma should disappear.
4. The cause of the unpleasant the smell there may be impurities that accumulate at the bottom of the “pond” – these are both waste products of fish, and remnants of food. If the aquarium is too large and there is no possibility to wash it completely, just draw a primer siphon.
For this purpose, a special device is used in the form of a hose with a tip through which water passes, taking with it all the accumulated dirt.
5. Together with the ground siphon it is necessary to carry out the process of partial replacement of water. This will also help to heal the atmosphere and remove substances harmful to fish. This should be done twice a week, at the same time it is necessary to replace from 20 to 30% of the water in the aquarium.
You can use ordinary tap water, but it must be defended during the day.
6. Determine if the fish have enough oxygen. To do this, see if they float close to the surface, gasping for air.
In this case, you need to buy a good air compressor, which must constantly work, providing good aeration.
Why is the aquarium water quickly dimmed if the tank is equipped with a filter? The main problem is that on the very first day of the launch of the aquarium there is no holistic and permanent biological environment. The so-called “bacterial explosion” is caused by an active increase in the number of unicellular microorganisms, which are constantly multiplying.
In this case, the fish should not be settled, it is better to do it on another day. When microflora equilibrates in the tank, then the water will become crystal clear. Nothing serious needs to be done – this sediment will pass by itself.
If you decide to change the water – it will again become muddy and unfit for life.
For 4-7 days the aquatic environment is fully restored, you can run plants and fish into it. To speed up the process, you can add water after the old aquarium with “residential” water.
Another common problem with the rapid turbidity of water in an aquarium is poor filtration of the reservoir. It should be well thought out system of purification, and this should be done quickly, until the young fish and did not have time to get used to a new house.
A bad filter does not allow bits of dirt, feces, food debris, provoking the formation of decomposition products. Such rotten water constantly stinks and can cause diseases.
Watch a video about filtering water in an aquarium.
Why still water quickly becomes cloudy? If it has become an unpleasant green color, dimmed in a short time – it means that microscopic blue-green algae develop in it, which lead to the flowering of the reservoir. With good development of organic and strong light, they make themselves felt on the fifth day.
When the light is not enough, cyanobacteria will acquire a brown color and begin to rot. Green color of the liquid with muddy, unpleasant smell – signs of growth of blue-green algae.
If frequent water changes, the growth of bacteria and algae provoked the appearance of muddy water in the aquarium, some steps should be taken to eliminate the problem.
- If your aquarium is overpopulated, place the fish in different tanks, where they would be comfortable and spacious.
- If there is an excess of light, shade the aquarium by setting it in a secluded corner where strong lighting does not go.
- If the water becomes cloudy the next day after the first feeding, make a bottom siphon and feed the fish in small portions.
- Settle snails and fish in an aquarium that eat leftover food, clean glass and water in a tank. After a few days, the water will become free of dirt, and will not require additional replacement.
Wrong settlement of fish as a reason for the rapid turbidity of water
Why 2-3 days after the settlement of fish water became muddy? The fact is that for every one liter of water in the tank it is required to settle only one medium fish. If you run more pets, there will be problems with the pollution of the “house”.
Some fish plow the ground, and if there are many such individuals, it will turn into an underwater hurricane. Immediately move the fish in different aquariums, provide enough space for them. It is also important that they have enough oxygen, shelters and plants.
In poor water oxygen to the fish can get sick.
In the aquarium with proper care and the right equipment, the water on the second day will not deteriorate. After running the fish, make sure that it adapts to the new environment.
For 3 liters of water it is necessary to settle the fish size of 3-5 cm.
If the water is cloudy, you can use drugs that purify water from turbidity and dirt. After using them, water changes in the aquarium are not required for a few more days. They connect all the small particles that spoil the water until they fall into the filter.
The next day, the entire bacterial cloud, small algae settle on the filter sponge, after which they can be removed.
These are the drugs: JBL Clearol, JBL Clynol, Seachem Clarity, Sera Aquaria Clear.
Watch a video about water changes.
Full replacement of water is required only in the rarest cases, for example, with general quarantine or water poisoning. Why not do this procedure often? Because the day after the complete substitution, you will notice how the water turned cloudy again.
A significant loss of its volume is stress for all inhabitants of the reservoir. Even during the death of some fish do not replace the water.
But there are a number of recommendations, after studying which it is possible to understand why substitutions are necessary.
- Substitutions are necessary after the introduction of pathogenic microorganisms;
- Replacements are required after visible flowering of the reservoir;
- Urgent water changes are necessary when a fungal mucus is detected;
- Refresh water is required due to severe soil contamination.
You can add water to the tank as it evaporates, but not more than 20-30% of the total volume. It is best to update 1/5 of the aquarium once a week. After the procedure, the biocenosis will recover in 2 days.
With the replacement of water cleaned the glass from plaque, remove debris from the bottom, clean snags and decorations.
It is better to plan a water change for both small and large reservoirs in advance. Type in a glass tank water from the tap, and leave it for a few days, covered with gauze.
Chlorine and gas will evaporate, the liquid will be safe for fish. And it should be remembered that in the first week of operation of the aquarium the water is not changed until an ecosystem is formed in it.
Water in an aquarium quickly becomes turbid: what reasons can?
Water turbidity in the aquarium can be expected as a result of poor filtration of water. The cleaning system must be well thought out. This is especially important when there are many inhabitants in an aquarium.
If the problem is not resolved in time, it can cause the fish to become poisoned with decay products. “Residents of the reservoir” of this relationship may not survive.
The problem of green and muddy water in an aquarium can be hidden in a microscopic alga, or more precisely in its rapid growth. If organic matter accumulates at the bottom or too much light is directed to the reservoir, then microscopic algae can actively grow. But when the lighting is not enough, the algae will turn brown and begin to rot.
If the water in the aquarium quickly becomes cloudy and smells unpleasant, the root of the problem may lie in the growth of blue-green algae.
If this trouble still happened, you need to determine why the water in the aquarium dimmed. Only the exact answer to this question will set the course for further action. If the root of the problem is hidden in the overpopulation of the aquarium, you need to reduce the number of its inhabitants or to increase filtration.
If at the bottom the remnants of the uneaten food are deposited, the number of servings needs to be reduced or satted down with the bottom fish, which will eat up the remains.
If you can figure out why the water in the aquarium becomes cloudy, and the reason was an excess of light, you need to darken the aquarium. If the lighting is not enough, you need to add it.
It is possible to halt the excessive growth of algae. To do this, snails or fish that feed on algae and excess vegetation will settle in the pond.
What else makes the water in the aquarium muddy? Due to low-power filtering system.
A prerequisite for the preservation of biological balance and decent maintenance of the aquarium is the presence and normal operation of high-quality filters. If the aquarium is dimmed after all, you can add a special additive, which is sold in specialized stores.
However, in most cases it is not possible to restore the balance in water.
To understand why the water in the aquariums becomes cloudy, you need to understand the reason for this process. However, it should be remembered that the water in the “pond” is always alive.
Her condition is a consequence and the result of the interaction of a whole series of tiny creatures, therefore, certain conditions and time are needed for restoration. But hasty and incorrect decisions can lead to even greater destruction, so you need to act carefully.