Stand (cabinet) for the aquarium performs several functions simultaneously:
first is a prop for aquarium;
secondly, equipment is usually folded inside the stand;
and thirdly, decorates the interior of the room.
From this it follows that the stand should be strong, roomy and fit into the design of the room. Curbstones factory production usually provide the first two requirements, but they are not always quite beautiful. When ordering cabinets from a third-party manufacturer, for example, a furniture company, you need to consider a few key points. First of all stiffness and strength. The manufacturer should be warned about the function that the cabinet will perform and the weight it must withstand. The next requirement is moisture resistance. A small amount of water, which in any case can get on the cabinet during maintenance of the aquarium, should not destroy it. And finally, the pedestal and the lid of the aquarium performed in a single stylistic decision look better. This is perhaps the most difficult moment and not every furniture manufacturer will take it. If the manufacturer cannot offer such a stand, it makes sense to order a lining for aquarium covers. There are several different designs and options for the tanks for the aquarium:
- Special coasters for the aquarium. Usually made of wood and have a special compartment at the bottom for equipment and accessories storage. The most attractive in terms of design option, which is at the same time the most expensive. When purchasing such a stand for an aquarium, you must make sure that the design will withstand the weight of the water-filled aquarium, and the material from which the stand is made does not distort from moisture.
- Welded support from metal profiles, covered with white or black plastic or painted in the same colors.
- Piece of furniture, for example, a cupboard, shelf, or table that is strong enough to support the weight of the tank and the water in it. If you have any doubts about this, you should consult with a professional.
- Floor. From the point of view of the convenience of observing the underwater world of the aquarium is not the best option.
- Bricks or concrete blocks with a strong board laid on top – the invention of aquarists in poor times. Such “creativity” can be decorated, hiding the “beauty” of the structure, for example, with a curtain.
The stand or the pedestal on which the aquarium is installed should have a perfectly flat surface without hillocks and hollows. If the selected pedestal of such a surface does not have, for example, a stone fencing of the fireplace made of stone, a firm, even base is placed on top of it.
Moisture-resistant plywood, suitable for use in the sea or outdoor use, is suitable as a base. The thickness of such a sheet of plywood should be at least 12.5 mm.
You can buy such plywood in building materials stores. Wooden boards, chipboard or plywood for internal use cannot be used as a stand – they will swell and rot if they get wet.
All irregularities of the stand can be compensated by laying the desired size and thickness of thick fabric or polystyrene foam. The bottom of the aquarium without such a precaution may crack.
Press “Like” and get only the best posts on Facebook ↓