Properly prepared stones in an aquarium are a guarantee of its well-being, health, cleanliness and beauty. To be sure that fish and aquatic plants feel good, you need to know how to process stones for an aquarium.
The result of processing should be:
- mechanical purity;
- bacterial safety;
- absence of rotting elements;
- rejection of stones with sharp edges and corners.
The choice of the size of the stones should be carried out taking into account the plants to be planted and the lifestyle of the fish selected for settlement.
Thus, a well-developed, strong root system, for example, vallyseries, needs fine gravel or sand with a height of at least 4-5 cm. In this case we remove large boulders, and medium and small sea stones placed on the top layer and sparsely.
With its colorful colors, they will significantly increase the attractiveness of the bottom for fish and the owners of the aquarium.
If the plants are planted in special pots, which are placed on the bottom among the soil, its structure does not matter. In this case, you can take the stones from the sea bigger ones
They are presentable in the form of grottoes and caves, beautifully interspersed with bushes of plants and decorative artificial souvenirs.
It does not matter the characteristics of the soil in cases of using floating and surface plants. Big case a rock As an accent in the center of the bottom – the original design solution.
Lifestyle fish also depends on the structure of the soil. So, catfish, which, picking up food from the bottom, can accidentally get hurt about the poor-quality surface of the stones or be crushed by the sliding of separate elements.
Therefore, in such cases it is better to stay on fine-grained soil.
There is no person who doubts the need for perfect stones for an aquarium. Rules, how to clean, simple, but they should be performed with high quality and neat.
For full preparation need to:
- Tcarefully go through the pebbles, to remove alien residues (blades of grass, garbage, other unnecessary elements).
- Rinse the layer under running warm water, pre-soaking to dissolve the existing salts;
- For bacteriological safety, a selected amount of stones is better. boil. In addition, when heated to 80 ° C and above, salts that the fish do not need are more rapidly dissolved.
- Drain and dry, preferably under the bright rays of the sun – additional natural disinfection, cleansing as a result of aeration.
The question is often asked: how much need to boil? A few minutes is enough, but better for boiling divide it into separate parts: it will be more efficient and faster.
If you liked the video – share with friends: