maintenance, care, compatibility
Each aquarium should have a filtration system that will purify the water, ensuring the health of the fish and plants. As it is known, wastes that are left behind by the inhabitants of the reservoir, as well as the remnants of food, suspended particles of soil are very harmful for fish. Not eaten feed is oxidized, turning into toxic ammonia.
In order for the water to pass through all the steps of cleaning in a timely manner, it is better to make an external filter for the aquarium with your own hands. It will prevent the appearance of harmful substances that can poison living beings.
Water in the aquarium should be constantly filtered. This is known to all owners of home decorative fish.
In pet stores there is a fairly large selection of aquarium filters of various designs. However, such a device can be made independently of the available material.
Some aquarists believe that it is not worth saving on the fish and the food for them, but you can find a replacement for expensive equipment for the aquarium. Some accessories and accessories, including a water purifier, are quite capable of making with your own hands.
Of course, for this you need to know the basic principles of filtration of water, as well as have some skills as a home craftsman.
One of the important elements in the equipment of aquariums is the filter. Many think first of all about which one to choose: external or internal.
If you are going to draw a large amount, then the type does not matter. In other cases, it is better to use an external filter to save space. In specialized stores there is always ready-made equipment, but its cost is sometimes quite high.
In this article, we offer to make an aquarium filter with your own hands.
All the components that we will use to assemble the external filter with your own hands can be purchased on the construction market or in construction hypermarkets.
- First of all, we need quick-release garden fittings with a sealed lead-in. As well as a filter with different nozzles, plugs with sockets and sockets.)
- In the plug we make holes for fittings, sealed lead-ins and teats.
- We assemble the first part of the external aquarium filter with our own hands: we install the fittings and the pressure seal with the nipples, and then fix all this with the help of silicone.
- Included with the filter is a special pump, it is also fastened through the adapter. The head design is ready.
- The next step in assembling the filter for the aquarium will be the inside. It consists of the upper filter, intermediate separators and the filter housing itself. As separators it is convenient to use ordinary kitchen nets for washing.
- Put a bell on the grid and draw its outlines with a marker. Cut out.
- We will use a capron saucer from a flower pot as the upper separator. We drill holes in it: one for the inlet and a lot of small ones around it.
- Install the workpiece in the socket, connect with the coupling and fix with silicone.
- We assemble the finished parts of the aquarium filter with your own hands. We attach the head to the pipe and the upper separator.
- Begin to fill the nozzle. The author of the lesson proposes to use the following scheme: a sintepon, a separator, then a bio-ball, again a separator, and at the end foam rubber.
- Included filter has a special corner.
- We prepare the second cap as follows: along the edges with glue we attach rubber stoppers for medicine bubbles (similar materials can be used). Next, collect the filter.
- Now follows the assembly of connectors with male and female threads, and the installation of tubes. (photo 23)
- We assemble the fittings for the external filter with your own hands. As a rule, all the necessary details are included with the filter.
- We take any environmentally friendly tube and make holes in it to increase the indentation area. You will also need a suction net, a mosquito net (this will be a prefilter, you must twist it into a tube and insert it into the suction tube). The intake tube is put on the intake using a silicone gasket. A small piece of garden hose will do. Also in the kit must be a discharge socket, tap and corners. Even if you cannot find all this in the kit, there are exactly the same parts on the construction market.
- The arc connection for butt reinforcement is called overflow. It can be made from any plastic tube or use an extension pipe of an Atman canister. The manufacturing process is simple: we fill the wet sand into the tube and slowly begin to bend it over the switched-on gas stove. As a result, you get the desired shape and the tube will not crack.
- Filter for aquarium do it yourself! He blows work no worse than the purchase, and will save a lot of money and space.