maintenance, care, compatibility
Muddy water in the aquarium: what to do -description of problems photo video.
For 4-7 days the aquatic environment is fully restored, you can run plants and fish into it. To speed up the process, you can add water after the old aquarium with “residential” water.
Another common problem with the rapid turbidity of water in an aquarium is poor filtration of the reservoir. It should be well thought out system of purification, and this should be done quickly, until the young fish and did not have time to get used to a new house. A bad filter does not allow bits of dirt, feces, food debris, provoking the formation of decomposition products.
Such rotten water constantly stinks and can cause diseases.
Watch a video about filtering water in an aquarium.
Why still water quickly becomes cloudy? If it has become an unpleasant green color, dimmed in a short time – it means that microscopic blue-green algae develop in it, which lead to the flowering of the reservoir.
With good development of organic and strong light, they make themselves felt on the fifth day. When the light is not enough, cyanobacteria will acquire a brown color and begin to rot.
Green color of the liquid with muddy, unpleasant smell – signs of growth of blue-green algae.
Wrong settlement of fish as a reason for the rapid turbidity of water
Full replacement of water is required only in the rarest cases, for example, with general quarantine or water poisoning. Why not do this procedure often?
Because the day after the complete substitution, you will notice how the water turned cloudy again. A significant loss of its volume is stress for all inhabitants of the reservoir. Even during the death of some fish do not replace the water.
But there are a number of recommendations, after studying which it is possible to understand why substitutions are necessary.
- Substitutions are necessary after the introduction of pathogenic microorganisms;
- Replacements are required after visible flowering of the reservoir;
- Urgent water changes are necessary when a fungal mucus is detected;
- Refresh water is required due to severe soil contamination.
You can add water to the tank as it evaporates, but not more than 20-30% of the total volume. It is best to update 1/5 of the aquarium once a week. After the procedure, the biocenosis will recover in 2 days.
With the replacement of water cleaned the glass from plaque, remove debris from the bottom, clean snags and decorations.
It is better to plan a water change for both small and large reservoirs in advance. Type in a glass tank water from the tap, and leave it for a few days, covered with gauze. Chlorine and gas will evaporate, the liquid will be safe for fish.
And it should be remembered that in the first week of operation of the aquarium the water is not changed until an ecosystem is formed in it.
With the help of an aquarium your home will be filled with beauty, comfort and warmth of exotic reservoirs. Aquarium is a great place to observe beautiful fish and calm meditation. However, a damaged tank can ruin both your mood and the health of its inhabitants.
Sometimes the water goes out and it stinks like a swamp. Muddy water spoils the impression, and makes the nursery unfit for further use.
The problem requires an immediate solution, which involves finding out the cause and its immediate elimination.
If the aquarium fluid has become rotten, which has strongly started to smell, and even smells like a swamp, it is possible to establish the causes of the imbalance of the aquatic environment through practice and observation. In the course of the research, it will be possible to determine the method by which turbid water, which goes dead and smells unpleasant, will be neutralized.
To solve the problem should be phased actions.
- Decide whether you chose the right fish food. To do this, change the water, buy another, better food and test it in a few days. After a day, a turbid liquid that smells like a swamp has disappeared and is clean, odorless, which means the cause of the problem was unsuitable food. In the case where the action did not lead to a result, other reasons should be sought.
- It so happens that you feed the fish and other animals with high-quality feed, but the aquatic environment is still muddy and “gives” the swamp. Probably, you overfeed the inhabitants of the nursery, and they do not have time to eat all the granules. Not all fish eat a lot, so arrange unloading diets for them and add less feed to the water. After a few days, smell the tank – if the unpleasant smell has disappeared. If yes, then you have found the reason. The uneaten food is mixed with the soil, decomposing.
Watch a video on how to feed the fish properly.
If you are a beginner aquarist and for the first time launched an aquarium, due to lack of experience you could create the wrong neighborhood in the nursery. It turns out that not all types of fish, snails, amphibians and reptiles get along together.
Some will disturb others, and because of close space, someone will fall ill and die, quietly sinking to the bottom. Due to severe stress, insufficient shelters and swimming places, the inhabitants of the reservoir excrete feces with a characteristic aroma.
After a day or two, muddy water will appear with a stench. What to do – get a spacious tank, pour water into it with suitable parameters, and populate compatible pets there.
Or buy two aquariums at once, if many species are incompatible within the same space. Also carefully inspect the bottom – maybe one of the fish died, and the body is still not removed.
- install a compressor with high power;
- replace the filter with a new one, with a forced circulation system;
- Ask a specialist how to adjust the oxygen supply to an acceptable level.
See how to replace the water and clean the soil in the aquarium.