Do you like round aquariums? Do you want to buy a small round aquarium in the near future or do you already have one?
In any case, you must first read this article about the dangers of round aquariums for the fish that inhabit it, and then draw conclusions.
Round aquariums with goldfish appeared a long time ago and quickly became fashionable. In view of the small size of the aquarium and its shape, he imposes a lot of restrictions on the content of fish in them.
To place any equipment in such an aquarium becomes extremely problematic and often people just do not.
- The average diameter of such an aquarium is 25 centimeters (15 liters); a filter cannot be placed in it; as a result, the water in such an aquarium is quickly polluted. To avoid this, it is necessary to do daily water changes that cause great stress in fish and require serious efforts to keep it clean and in good order.
- The area of the upper water edge is small, because the aquarium shrinks upwards, therefore the amount of oxygen dissolved in it decreases, and oxygen starvation in fish appears.
- The small volume of water and the impossibility of placing a heater in the aquarium causes large fluctuations in temperature, which also causes severe stress in the fish.
- In a small aquarium it is impossible to plant plants or add shelters for fish in which they would feel safe.
- Because of the small volume, it is impossible to settle more than 2-3 small fish in a round aquarium, therefore schooling fish will not feel comfortable.
- The curved walls of a round aquarium will interfere with the free movement of fish, and the light and shadows reflected from them will create the illusion of constant movement in the aquarium from the fish, which is also an additional stress.
These and many other stress factors can cause a decrease in immunity, illness and even death in those fish that you put in a small aquarium. Naturally, one should not forget about the volume of water in such an aquarium, anything that is less than 15 liters can in no way be called an aquarium, and for a goldfish that is widespread among aquarium lovers, a minimum of 50 liters of water is necessary.
In some countries, such as Germany and Austria, round aquariums are prohibited, and the maintenance of fish in them falls under the article of cruel treatment of animals.
Now, before you buy a round aquarium, think twice whether you want to torment your fish in this vase, and keeping it clean will require a lot of daily time and effort, or save more money and take a good rectangular can of 150 liters in which, in addition to fish You can add beautiful plants, various decorations and all the necessary equipment.
If you liked the video – share with friends: