maintenance, care, compatibility
All the components that we will use to assemble the external filter with your own hands can be purchased on the construction market or in construction hypermarkets.
- First of all, we need quick-release garden fittings with a sealed lead-in. As well as a filter with different nozzles, plugs with sockets and sockets.)
- In the plug we make holes for fittings, sealed lead-ins and teats.
- We assemble the first part of the external aquarium filter with our own hands: we install the fittings and the pressure seal with the nipples, and then fix all this with the help of silicone.
- Included with the filter is a special pump, it is also fastened through the adapter. The head design is ready.
- The next step in assembling the filter for the aquarium will be the inside. It consists of the upper filter, intermediate separators and the filter housing itself. As separators it is convenient to use ordinary kitchen nets for washing.
- Put a bell on the grid and draw its outlines with a marker. Cut out.
- We will use a capron saucer from a flower pot as the upper separator. We drill holes in it: one for the inlet and a lot of small ones around it.
- Install the workpiece in the socket, connect with the coupling and fix with silicone.
- We assemble the finished parts of the aquarium filter with your own hands. We attach the head to the pipe and the upper separator.
- Begin to fill the nozzle. The author of the lesson proposes to use the following scheme: a sintepon, a separator, then a bio-ball, again a separator, and at the end foam rubber.
- Included filter has a special corner.
- We prepare the second cap as follows: along the edges with glue we attach rubber stoppers for medicine bubbles (similar materials can be used). Next, collect the filter.
- Now follows the assembly of connectors with male and female threads, and the installation of tubes. (photo 23)
- We assemble the fittings for the external filter with your own hands. As a rule, all the necessary details are included with the filter.
- We take any environmentally friendly tube and make holes in it to increase the indentation area. You will also need a suction net, a mosquito net (this will be a prefilter, you must twist it into a tube and insert it into the suction tube). The intake tube is put on the intake using a silicone gasket. A small piece of garden hose will do. Also in the kit must be a discharge socket, tap and corners. Even if you cannot find all this in the kit, there are exactly the same parts on the construction market.
- The arc connection for butt reinforcement is called overflow. It can be made from any plastic tube or use an extension pipe of an Atman canister. The manufacturing process is simple: we fill the wet sand into the tube and slowly begin to bend it over the switched-on gas stove. As a result, you get the desired shape and the tube will not crack.
- Filter for aquarium do it yourself! He blows work no worse than the purchase, and will save a lot of money and space.
Filter for aquarium do it yourself :: DIY aquarium filters :: Household :: Other
Homemade external filter for aquarium do it yourself
Currently, you can buy almost any option filter for the aquarium and in principle there is no need to make such a device with your own hands. But if there is a desire to make a filter with your own hands for fish, then it is better to make an internal filter. The exterior is very complex and requires great reliability.
Everything else, in a homemade outdoor filter is quite difficult to ensure ease of maintenance. The self-made external filter for an aquarium is a feasible task only for an experienced aquarist.
As an internal filter it is possible to adapt a plastic box with small holes in the bottom. As a filter material, place a sheet of foam rubber in it, which should be the same size as the bottom. This plastic box is attached inside the aquarium to the glass above the water level.
In turn, water from the aquarium enters the upper part of the box with airlift.
The airlift is made of 2 tubes of different diameters, the smallest of which is attached to the compressor and inserted into the tube of a larger size. But the water that falls on the upper side of the foam under the influence of gravity begins to seep through it.
Along the way, it is cleared, comes to the very bottom of the box and through its holes returns to the aquarium.
Making an internal filter with your own hands is available to almost anyone, but an external filter with your own hands is a very difficult task.
Such a device can easily be turned into a simple biofilter. You just need to put a couple of layers of foam on each other.
The top layer should be used for rough cleaning of water. You need to periodically pull it out and wash it under running water.
Nitrifying bacteria live in the lower layers of foam rubber.
There are other options for homemade filters for the aquarium, they are more like bottom filters. You can use any container, such as a box or jar.
Between the 2 grids, which form an empty gap at the bottom, filter material is placed in the jar. Sand (gravel) with a grain size of a couple of mm or foam rubber can be used as such a material. In the center of the tube is quite a large diameter.
To the bottom of the can attach a hose from the compressor, which is inserted into a large tube, it turns out airlift. To clean such a filter, it must be completely removed from the aquarium.
An even easier option is when the top of a plastic bottle with jagged edges is placed in a container. Uneven edges serve for the flow of water and the placement of the hose from the compressor. In the tank poured aquarium soil with particles, the diameter of which is not more than 3 millimeters.
It holds a piece of bottle and at the same time serves as a filter material. Through the bottleneck the air flow creates an airlift.
Such devices are used as a temporary measure, if it is very urgently necessary to bring another aquarium into operation.