maintenance, care, compatibility
How to install and use aquarium filters
Internal filters are installed inside the aquarium. The most popular – internal pump filters and airlift. They are inexpensive, they are easy to install yourself, they are convenient to use during operation.
However, these mechanisms have their drawbacks – they must be cleaned of dirt almost every day, they are overall and noisy. Before purchasing such a water purifier, determine whether it fits in your tank.
Will it be possible to install the internal filter correctly the first time? Completely if you carefully read the instructions.
The device must be placed in the tank when it is half filled with water, when there are plants planted in the soil. Before turning on the filter in the network, it should be assembled in parts, and mounted on the wall or above the aquarium.
Water purification devices such as internal filters should be completely immersed in the aquatic environment. Above the filter should be another 3 cm of water.
The device itself should not touch the bottom. If you bought an internal filter, or made it yourself, then attach it correctly using suction cups to the glass wall.
See how to disassemble, assemble and install the internal filter.
Included with the branded filter is a hose for air supply. In the homemade device, it should also be present, however, the principle of attachment is the same. Take one end of the tube and attach it to the special opening of the filter, the other end of it out above the water and fix it with the help of the fastened material to the upper edge of the tank wall.
The tube must be above the water level, otherwise the air will not be properly sucked.
On the tube or directly on the filter should be an air supply regulator. Its location affects the flow of water in the aquarium. After installing the water purification device, the regulator should be correctly set to the middle position.
Then watch the behavior of the fish – some will love the flow of water, others will avoid it. Adjust the water flow level so that the fish feel comfortable.
Internal cleaners should be installed after they are completely immersed in water. Before you get it out of the water for cleaning, the device must be disconnected from the power supply.
Also, do not leave the mechanism turned off in the water, and turn it on after a long period of stagnation (if you did not have time to clean it).
How to install the internal filter in the aquarium :: how long should the filter in the aquarium work :: Equipment and accessories
If you decide to install an aquarium at home, then you cannot do without an aquarium. filter. His choice should be treated with special attention, since the quality of water in your underwater kingdom will depend on this device.
1. Today, there are many varieties of aquarium filters: internal, external, bottom, aerator filters, as well as filters that produce mechanical filter(as filter used filter thread, sponge or crumb), chemical filter(using activated carbon or zeolite), as well as biofiltertion (microorganisms are used in the filter that purify water from harmful impurities).
2. The filter must be selected based on the volume of the aquarium, as well as the functions that it will have to perform. For example, external filters are easy to use, and bottom filters help create a more favorable microflora in the aquarium, and they need to be cleaned every two to three years. For small aquariums, an ideal option would be a filter aerator, which combines the functions of cleaning and saturating water with oxygen.
In any case, before you choose any specific filter, you should consult with a specialist.
3. Before installing the filter, carefully read the instructions. If you purchased a chemical filter, you must fill it with the adsorbent that comes with it.
4. Before installation filter prepare an aquarium. Rinse it thoroughly and fill it with water to see if the seams are leaking. Drain and place pre-prepared soil on the bottom of the aquarium.
If you purchased a bottom filter, you must first install it under the ground. Pour about one third of the water, then plant the plants.
If you choose an internal filter, then you need to install it at this very moment. Attach the filter with special velcro or retaining bracket, then fill the aquarium with water to the required level.
An external filter can be installed after filling the aquarium with water.
5. After filling the aquarium, turn on the filter in order to check its operation. While the aquarium will be balanced (about two weeks), the filter must be kept on.
As soon as you see that the water has disappeared from the water, then you can safely inhabit your underwater world with fish.
When buying an aquarium, do not forget that in addition to appeasement from it, you will still take care of its inhabitants and their habitat, that is, an aquarium. Regularly keep it clean.