maintenance, care, compatibility
We are preparing the aquarium to launch the fish at home
Restarting is called partial or complete replacement of plants, thorough cleaning of the walls. The procedure should be carried out only in the presence of infections, complete water pollution or if you got the “water world” from a careless owner and you need to completely clean up all the consequences of such “care.”
- Catch fish and put in a temporary shelter;
- Drain all the water, catch and rinse using baking soda or special solutions “interior” of the aquarium;
- Remove and clean soil fractions contaminated with excrement, rotten plants and other debris. This is done under a stream of water, in parts (preferably using a strainer), and with very noticeable dirt, the ground is completely changed. By the way, a good result is provided by cleaning with a siphon or a hose with a watering can at the end: open the water, run the watering can into the ground and rinse it turns out perfectly. If an infection has started in the ground, then it must be boiled in water. Usually, the soil is cleaned every 3-4 weeks;
- Washing the walls of the aquarium is the next stage of work. Glass needs to be washed completely. To do this, use a nylon sponge for washing dishes, scrapers (for removing plaque) and other improvised means. It is important not to scratch the walls of the aquarium, otherwise it is in such scratches that all the dirt will collect. Disinfection of the tank is carried out by means of boiling water, then the glass is cooled;
- Pour water on a third of the volume;
- Lay the soil and put back all the washed accessories (without plants);
- Let the water stand for about a week and you can plant plants that have survived in normal form, supplementing with new algae;
- Another 3-4 days and you can run the fish, topping up with water to the desired volume.
It takes time and some money to complete a full cleaning of the aquarium, but this is not all: before filling the tank with fish, it is necessary to conduct water samples.
- Half of the fluid needs to be replaced every 7 days;
- Capacities in volume more than 200 l, need to be cleaned once in 15 days;
- If the aquarium is less than 150 liters, then care is required every 7-10 days.
Remember that cleaning the aquarium depends on filling it with fish. Numerous inhabitants quickly pollute the water, the soil.
Also, the garbage remains after feeding, and here it is important to choose the optimal dose so that the feed particles that remain in the ground do not remain.
Tips from experienced aquarists – this is useful, but do not follow them blindly, because if you clean often, the natural balance is broken. The real state of affairs will show the inhabitants of your “water world”, and how to clean the aquarium, you already know.
Video how to clean the aquarium:
The cleaning algorithm is usually the following:
- we clean the walls from algal plaque;
- if necessary, we clean the scenery: stones, grottoes;
- if there are plants in the aquarium, we will weed and trim them;
- ground siphon (this procedure is not always performed);
- pour out of the aquarium of the water – this can be done during the siphon or on purpose;
- if necessary, wash the filter equipment;
- Pour clean water.
Before you start cleaning the aquarium, you must turn off all electrical equipment, except for external filters.
And now about everything in more detail.
How to clean an aquarium :: a large or small aquarium is easier to clean :: Household :: Other
It is almost impossible to create an ideal environment in a homemade artificial pond in which the aquarium would not have to be washed and cleaned at all. Of course, the snails and some other inhabitants partially cope with the pollution that has appeared, but a moment comes when the owner’s help cannot be dispensed with.
And here it is important to determine the optimal frequency of cleaning water house.
1. Clean the aquarium depends on its volume, because if your pond is less than 60 liters, then it will have to be cleaned quite often. At the initial stage, the cause of heavy pollution may be the absence of normal microflora in the aquarium, this indicates its incorrect start. In this case, you can use special preparations that allow you to quickly populate the bacteria in the home water.
If your aquarium is small, then you need to clean it as needed, it all depends on the specific conditions and well-being of aquatic inhabitants. Very small aquariums of 10-15 liters are usually cleaned once a week.
2. Cleaning the aquarium involves bleaching the scenery, washing artificial plants and, of course, removing plaque from the walls. Regarding water, regardless of the time of general cleaning, it is partially necessary to replace it approximately once every one or two weeks. If you think that the aquarium has to be cleaned too often, then try to reduce the amount of food.
It is possible that the aquarium filter does not cope with the number of inhabitants and the volume of water, in this case it is worth replacing it or installing an additional one.
3. Consider that the more inhabitants fall on the volume of your aquarium, the more often it has to be cleaned, therefore it is not recommended to densely populate the home water body. In addition, you risk losing your pets.
Not all types of aquarium fish are able to adapt to frequent water changes and cleaning the aquarium. Remember that with the right microflora, a month usually replaces no more than one third of the total water volume.
4. In general, if the volume of the aquarium is more than 100 liters, then it has to be cleaned quite rarely. If a large aquarium is equipped with all the necessary equipment, then it needs general cleaning no more than once a month.
Usually this procedure is limited to removing plaque from the walls using a special magnetic sponge. Sometimes during a partial water change, aquarists remove dirt from the bottom using a small hose with a pear at the end, but often the filters and the aquatic inhabitants themselves cope with this problem.
5. If you often have to clean a large-volume aquarium, this indicates an error in its content. Today there are special services and consultants on issues related to aquariums.
Turning to a specialist, you can find out the causes of pollution. Remember that the condition of your fish and plants directly depends on the state of the microflora in the aquarium.
Remember that too frequent replacement of water – stress for fish and plants, and if you have to completely change it, then there can be no question of stabilizing the microflora in the aquarium.
If you notice a brown fleecy plaque on the walls and plants, this indicates an invasion of brown algae, cleaning the aquarium is almost useless, you need to deal with the cause of the problem.
In order for your aquarium to please you and your household for a long time, you need to maintain certain natural conditions for the fish in it. This is done using filters, compressors, lighting.
But without additional cleaning, the aquarium will quickly become dirty, so you need to clean the aquarium regularly and correctly.
The question “where to order a playground?” – 2 answers
- Scraper for glasses
- Rubber hose with a tip
- Pre-settled water
1. The first step is to clean the windows. Clean the glass of the aquarium from a specific coating should be regularly to maintain the beautiful aesthetic appearance of the aquarium.
The raid is cleaned quite easily with a special scraper. If there is no such scraper, then you can use a regular sponge for washing dishes, a razor blade or a plastic card such as a credit card for these purposes.
2. The second step is to clean the soil in the aquarium. The task of this stage is the removal of sewage, which is deposited in the ground.
This may be not eaten food, and the remnants of the rotten leaves of plants. They can be removed using a hose with a glass or metal tip. The diameter of the tube must be of such a size that the water with debris passes through it.
This cleaning step should be carried out very carefully so as not to damage the fish in the tank.
3. Then you need to change the water in the aquarium. Water must first be allowed to settle to remove chlorine impurities. The recommended volume of water changes is no more than 20-30% of the total volume of the aquarium, not more.
If you carry out the substitution more often than once a week, then this may have a bad effect on the health of the fish.
4. The final stage of cleaning the aquarium is flushing the filter. The filter is disassembled and thoroughly washed.
Especially well you need to clean the filter element – a sponge. In these sponges dirt accumulates, which the filter absorbs from the aquarium water. When washing the filter you should never use hot water and detergents.
It is best to rinse the filter and its elements in cold settled water. Then you need to collect the filter and install it in a clean aquarium.
If you have home flowers, they can be watered with merged water from the aquarium.
How to wash the soil in the aquarium :: how to clean the soil :: Aquarium fish
Aquarium priming – This is a place of accumulation of remnants of uneaten food and fish waste products. Without regular cleaning, all this will cause turbidity and unpleasant smell.
There are two basic cleaning methods. primingbut.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. On the eve of the planned cleaning of the aquarium, prepare the water that you will pour after the procedure. Fill her with a large bucket or pot and leave for 10-12 hours.
During this time, the chlorine added to the sewage treatment plants will evaporate, and harmful impurities and metals will settle to the bottom.
2. In case of heavy pollution primingGet ready to clean the aquarium. Catch all the fish and snails, remove the plants and decorative items.
Drain water from the aquarium with a hose in a bucket or sink.
3. Pour running water into a bucket or basin. Put a small amount of contaminated in the 5-8 mm strainer. primingand lower it into the water so that the liquid covers the stones by 1-1.5 cm.
Shake the sieve from side to side, gently mix priming by hand. Then pour it into any clean container and start flushing the new batch.
Do not try to achieve the perfect purity of stones, because the humus particles on them serve as sources of plant nutrition in aquarium.
4. After all priming will be cleaned, wipe the inside of the tank with a sponge, rinse the filter. Gently pour the stones back. Fill the aquarium with separated water, return the plants and decorations.
After the fine suspension settles and the water becomes clear, launch snails and fish.
5. In case of low pollution primingand use the siphon. This device is a cylinder attached to a hose.
The mechanism of action is based on the principle of communicating vessels. Siphon can be as industrial production, so made independently.
This type of cleaning does not require fishing and freeing the aquarium from water.
6. Fill the siphon tube with tap water, cover it on both sides with your fingers. Dip one end of the tube into the aquarium and the other into the bucket below.
When you remove your fingers, liquid from the aquarium will flow into the tank to drain. You should not pour water directly into the sink or bath, because A small fish, snail or plant can enter the siphon.
7. Immersing the device in priming, you remove contamination from it. For cleaning corners and hard-to-reach places use a siphon with a narrow triangular tip.
Experts advise not to clean the whole priming immediately, because This violates the microbiocenosis of the aquarium. They offer to “siphon” about 40% of the stones in one procedure, each time paying attention to different areas.
8. After cleaning, add the missing amount of liquid from a bucket of water prepared the day before.
Do not use synthetic detergents or scald stones with boiling water. You will kill the bacteria involved in plant life and maintaining the microenvironment throughout the aquarium.