maintenance, care, compatibility
An indispensable tool for any aquarist – a siphon for an aquarium. Maintaining cleanliness of the bottom is much more difficult than cleaning on land.
Food particles, organic residues – all the garbage accumulates on the bottom, starting with time to decompose. As a result, toxic substances that poison the inhabitants of the aquarium.
Putting the soil in order is just as important as replacing water every week.
Previously, the soil had to be cleaned by thorough washing. But this method is not only too troublesome, but also dangerous. Complete washing of the soil seriously disrupts the biological equilibrium, which over time is established in the aquarium.
Moreover, removal of silt from the bottom harms aquarium plants for which it is a nutrient medium.
You need to clean any aquarium, be it a huge 200-liter tank or a tiny nano garden. To decide which siphon to choose, you should carefully examine the parameters of the device.
Experienced aquarists know very well how to use this device for cleaning, and what nuances should be taken into account. But beginners may have a number of difficulties, which, however, are easily solved.
- To the water in the cleaning process merged, you need to constantly monitor the end of the hose without a funnel. Arrange it correctly: below the water level in the aquarium itself.
- The lower this end of the hose is, the stronger the water pressure will be.
- For better soil cleaning, the funnel or cylinder is immersed to the full depth of the substrate, reaching the bottom. So you get rid of the smallest and most “stale” particles of dirt.
- Choosing a siphon, consider all the features of the aquarium. Your choice will depend on the volume of the container. Agree, a large and powerful electro-siphon is hardly suitable for cleaning the bottom of a nano aquarium, and too small a device will make cleaning a large aquarium a tedious and ungrateful task.
- A siphon that is too powerful for an aquarium can suck fish, so be careful with your pets.
- Standard siphons are not suitable for cleaning the substrate in nano aquariums – they are too large. In this case, special siphons are used for the nano aquarium, which are sold in pet stores. You can also make such a siphon yourself, using a syringe and a thin tube (for example, from a dropper).
If you want to get rid of unnecessary expenses, you can refer to the instructions for creating a homemade siphon. The siphon for an aquarium is quite simple to make with your own hands, and such devices work just as well as their factory counterparts.
Of course, it will not be possible to make a newly-built electro-siphon, but the manual model will clean the ground quite well. You will need:
- long transparent hose;
- plastic bottle.
Cut the bottle in half. Half with a neck will play the role of a cylinder.
The nozzle is attached to the hose and … ready! Naturally, a homemade siphon will work according to the principle of a conventional mechanical siphon, since it is quite problematic to supply it with a pear.
A do-it-yourself siphon is perfect for cleaning an aquarium, but it’s better to get a stronger and more durable option.
The aquatic environment is a complex and multifaceted system, the prosperity of which depends on maintaining order and cleanliness at the bottom. Siphon for the substrate – a necessary tool for any aquarist. Which siphon to choose, you decide.
In extreme cases, it can even be done independently. It doesn’t matter if you have a large aquarium or a nano tank, whether there are plants in it or not – the ground must always remain clean.
How to clean the soil in the aquarium :: cleaning the aquarium siphon :: Care and upbringing
The aquarium is not only interior decoration, pleasant emotions, beautiful fish and the pleasure of contemplation. This object requires careful and regular maintenance: water replacement, fish treatment, cleaning of the filter and glasses, removal of lower algae and, of course, cleaning. ground. The latter, as the most labor-intensive process, should be given special attention.
So, how to clean the soil in aquarium?
The question “How does a little girl retrain to go to the tray (she is 4 months old)? “- 3 answers
1. The first few weeks after buying an aquarium should not be turned over the soil. Water in aquarium fresh, the inhabitants only settle down.
However, each feeding (and this should be done no more than once a day) should be moderate, that is, fish food should not remain at the bottom and even have time to sink to ground.
2. Further, the soil should be cleaned every month, because the particles of uneaten food and waste of the inhabitants of the aquarium are constantly falling to the bottom. If they are not removed, they can start to rot.
In the process of decay, the bacteria emit a poisonous gas – hydrogen sulfide. The “sour” soil is very easy to identify: turn it over with your hand and smell the bubbles that have risen. If there is no smell, everything is in order.
If the bubbles smell of acidic algae and rotten eggs – urgently siphon the ground.
3. For cleaning ground A special aquarium siphon should be purchased – a funnel cylinder worn on the hose. With it, it is convenient to siphon, that is, to clean the soil in any aquarium.
4. The cleaning process ground – the same process of replacing part of the water. Fish do not need to be planted. Cylinder-funnel on the siphon stick and voroshite soil to the ground, rising sand and pebbles over the course of pull and accumulated waste.
Heavy soil quickly falls back to the bottom, not dragging into the siphon, but the dirt particles go through the tube into the drain. When the water at the tip of the siphon becomes clear, stick it in the next section ground. Hold it for a few seconds for every 5 cm bottom.
Until it is filled with muddy water on the hose drain bucket.
5. Add fresh water to the aquarium. The first few hours after cleaning the water in aquarium may be slightly unclear.
Nothing wrong with that. Be patient, the slurry will settle to the bottom, and the water will assume its usual transparent state.
6. To remove all sediment from highly contaminated ground, Pebbles need to completely get out of the aquarium, after transplanting fish into another container and pouring all the water. This is a very time-consuming procedure and should be resorted to no more than once every 6-12 months. If you get all the soil from the bottom, rinse it under running water, rinse thoroughly, without using any detergents.
Fill it with water several times and drain it. Soil can fall asleep back to the aquarium.
How to clean the aquarium – the secrets and tricks
How many articles have been written about this, how much has been said … but still people are interested in this question. Our site also has a fairly comprehensive article that HOW TO WASH THE AQUARIUM.
In this article I would like to pay attention to the ways and means of cleaning the aquarium.
So, first of all the walls (glass) of the aquarium are cleaned. This action should be carried out in the event that the walls of the aquarium rummaged, for example, green dots or brown patina.
To do this, you can use special magnetic scrubs or brushes for aquariums. Like these ones:
Such magnetic brushes for an aquarium, very well cope with their task –