maintenance, care, compatibility
How to stick an aquarium background :: a background for an aquarium pictures :: Equipment and accessories
Decorate a home aquarium can be in different ways. One option is to glue a decorative plastic background on the back wall aquarium.
If you purchased a background without a special adhesive layer, you can attach it using the following techniques.
- Decorative background;
- putty knife;
- silicone sealant.
1. Regardless of how you will fix the background decoration, you must first clean the glass surface aquarium. This can be done with the help of a sponge for washing dishes and means for cleaning glasses.
Carefully wipe the glass, removing dust and stains.
2. The easiest option is to stick a flexible background to the back wall. aquarium pieces of scotch. The background image needs to be bought with a margin. It should be more from all sides by a few centimeters.
At home, you can trim the background to the desired size with scissors. Attach the background to the aquarium and align it with the top edge.
First secure the upper part with tape. background. And then, gently smoothing the background, glue on the sides and bottom. This method of attachment has a drawback.
Accidentally water droplets may fall into the space between the background and the wall. aquarium. In humid places, the background will be stronger against the glass.
This will degrade the visual perception. aquarium.
3. A more reliable way to secure a flexible background is to stick it with glycerin. You can buy it in a pharmacy.
Instead of glycerin, you can take any mineral oil. Take the background and tape it over one edge.
Apply glycerin to the back wall. aquarium. For these purposes, you can use a brush, but it is better to apply glycerin with your hands, as the brush can leave dust and lint. On the smeared wall, begin to gradually impose a background.
Using a spatula, smooth out irregularities and expel air bubbles from under background. The spatula can be replaced with a plastic card.
Wipe away excess glycerin at the edges with a dry cloth. At the end of the procedure, secure the remaining edges. background scotch tape
4. A background of a more dense material can be pasted on the inner surface. aquarium using silicone sealant. Such a background will for a long time preserve the richness of colors due to its inertness to water.
For its connection with the glass sealant is ideal for sizing aquariums.
Aquarium – a piece of wildlife in your home. The aesthetics of its design is of great importance.
Nice background aquarium can advantageously complete the design of a living corner and successfully fit into the interior.
- photocomposition, sponges and cleaning products for glass, adhesive tape.
1. As a rule background determines the overall impression of the design of everything aquarium. To date, the use of photocompositions is considered the most popular and common method of design.
They are made on a solid film with the image of various kinds of underwater landscapes – stones, algae, branched coals, etc.
2. After selecting and purchasing the photo composition you like, you can proceed to the design. backgroundand in the aquarium. First, thoroughly clean the rear window of dirt and dust.
This can be done with a sponge and glass cleaner.
3. Then let the glass dry out and apply a special glue on it. A suitable brand of glue will help you find in any pet store.
Apply the adhesive strictly over the entire surface of the glass. Do not forget to more thoroughly lubricate the corners so that during operation the film does not peel off or deform.
Make it a special spatula, which is provided in a set with glue.
4. Take pre-fitted size background, gently attach to the back wall aquarium, smooth and smooth it over the entire surface.
5. Do not worry if background I did not lay down exactly at the first attempt. You can repeat the whole procedure again, peeling it off and aligning it.
After background it will be glued, expel air bubbles with a spatula and smooth out small folds. Do this slowly, moving from center to edge.
6. Glue, which appears on the edges, carefully remove with a sponge. After this seal background scotch tape around the perimeter.
Everything. The procedure is over.
Mount the aquarium and run there your favorite fish.
How to glue the background on the aquarium :: back aquarium design :: Flat design
No matter how beautiful the living plants in the aquarium are, the special artificial rear background will give the effect of expanding the space and make the design richer. The roll is very convenient in this respect. background-film.
- 1 roll background, JBL Fixol glue packaging or 25 ml glycerin, adhesive tape, glass cleaner, sponge
1. First a purchased aquarium is fitted background under the size of the rear window, minus one centimeter on all sides, the excess is trimmed.
2. Then thoroughly clean the back surface of the aquarium from dirt. This is done with a sponge dipped in a glass cleaner.
3. As an adhesive, it is better to use JBL Fixol. With him background-the film will last a very long time. If there is no such glue, then you can use glycerin, it is freely sold in a pharmacy.
A special spatula, which is included in the kit kit, glue evenly distributed throughout the glass.
4. Overlay background for an aquarium and smooth it out so that all the air bubbles are extruded, otherwise they will spoil the whole design. It is very good to wrap a spatula with a cloth.
Replace the spatula can be a flat piece of cardboard.
5. If the corners of the aquarium background-the film is twisted, then it is temporarily fixed with adhesive tape.
6. Wipe out the glue to erase with a sponge. For reliability pasted background around the perimeter with duct tape.
Now the aquarium looks much more beautiful.
Create a dry diorama with backlight installed behind the aquarium. To do this, first make a box of plywood or cardboard with a depth of 5-10 cm.
Its inner surface is painted in dark color and decorated with snags, branches, bark, stones, etc. It depends only on the performer’s imagination. The cavity of the box is illuminated with small light bulbs.
pros such a structure: you can hide the equipment, it looks spectacular.
Minuses: its construction requires experience, it is difficult for a beginner to create a harmonious diorama. Also, the design accumulates dust inside that is difficult to clean.
In conclusion, I want to say that you should not underestimate the function of the background for the aquarium. The time and effort spent on this business will surely pay off. What it takes to take care in advance is about additional tanks for the inhabitants during the renovation of their main home.
If the installation of the background occurs before the launch of a new aquarium, then this problem is removed. On the Internet you can find a lot of detailed descriptions and workshops on how to install a ready-made background, and create your own unique one.
Dare, and all must succeed!
Useful video: the background for the aquarium foam with his own hands.
The main types are as follows:
External. The main reasons for the fact that it is most often found in aquariums: low price and high availability.
In addition, it does not deteriorate the appearance due to fouling algae.
Interior. It looks more natural, but when installing it there are a number of nuances that you should definitely take into account.
All materials must be non-toxic and do not affect the chemical composition of the water. Such a background is installed in the aquarium before pouring water and should be well attached to the glass to avoid its falling or the penetration of the fish behind it.
Both types can be bought or made by hand.
Its manufacturers promise non-toxic materials. There are different options for mounting it inside the aquarium:
- with the silicone glue included in the kit (as with Juwel),
- by pressing a layer of soil or stones to the back wall (as in Rochepierre).
Such design is expensive, and it often looks too prim and academic. The background most often has standard sizes. If the aquarium does not correspond to them (say, homemade), then it will be very difficult to choose an option.
This is what concerns flaws.
From the advantages of this background can be noted the ease of installation. Also, it does not look as primitive as the previous ones, and makes it possible to add volume to the contents of the aquarium.
The third way is to set a decorative volumetric background. It imitates natural materials: stone, sand, plant roots, and more.
It is made of polymeric materials that are non-toxic and, unlike natural materials, do not affect the chemical composition of water, and also have a small weight.
It is installed along the back wall. But often it is placed on the bottom of the aquarium, pressed down with a primer, and plants are planted in the hollows.
The main disadvantages of the volumetric background include the following:
- It is difficult to clean and rinse. Behind the background, water can stagnate and rot organics, which will not add to the health of the fish. Yield: either glue as tightly as possible, or ensure good water circulation and regular extraction and washing of the background.
- It may grow algae.
- It takes a lot of useful space in the aquarium.
- Causes injury and death among fish. Pets can swim between the background and the glass. Exit: close all openings and openings with silicone glue.
How to attach a background for an aquarium :: how to make a corner aquarium :: Aquarium fish
Every aquarist wants to have at home not just a jar of water and fish. I want the aquarium to complement the interior, making it unusual and unique.
Let it be an imitation of the bottom of a tropical lake or seabed to admire the colorful fish in their native habitat. To complete the illusion, in conjunction with different plants and snags should use the volumetric background.
- Sheet polystyrene or foam
- Black, gray, brown and green waterproof spray paint.
- Soldering iron or device for burning wood.
- Aquarium silicone sealant.
- Cement M500
1. Decide on the design. To do this, conduct an audit of the already existing large stones, ornamental snags and any other things that can decorate your aquarium.
After that, decide what will be background, so that the existing elements in it successfully fit. You can pre-draw this background on a computer or just on paper, marking where it is better to plant water plants, where it makes sense to make a cave and similar things.
2. Take a sheet of polystyrene and draw on it a preliminary layout. The thicker your polystyrene sheet you have, the more voluminous you can make your background. The width of the sheet may be slightly shorter than the back wall. aquarium, This option can also be interesting to beat, but the height should correspond to the distance from the bottom to the stiffener (otherwise, how then to drown the whole structure).
If the size of the sheet is too small, you can glue together the necessary for the block of several pieces. To do this, use an aquarium silicone sealant.
It is safe for fish. Cut with a sharp knife (you can use a kitchen knife or a paper cutter) on polystyrene background. Turn on the fantasy and portray everything your heart desires. Giant stones, flooded ancient masonry, the roots of ancient trees.
Do not forget to make a notch on the back side. backgroundAnd, there you will put an aquarium heater. You can make a cave for especially shy fish or dredging, in which you plant plants.
3. Now with a soldering iron, smooth all edges, remove uneven cuts, deepen holes, create cracks on the stones.
4. Start painting. For priming, use cement diluted with water.
Apply it with a brush in several layers, letting each layer completely dry. Before applying the next layer, wet the surface of the previous one so that cracks do not form.
Paint also apply in several layers, and each time let’s dry. Make the first layer black, then apply other colors to achieve a natural shade.
Try to keep your background was the same color as the stones you already had. After thorough drying, it remains to drain and install ready background in the aquarium. If you made a cave through, put a piece of black paper or film in this place on the back of the glass to create the illusion of depth.
Now fill the soil, plant the plants and install the existing stones.
Your absolutely unique aquarian interior is ready.
Polystyrene during melting and heat treatment emits toxic gases, so it is better to work outdoors or take care of good ventilation.
For painting, you can use another option – epoxy resin and sand. After the epoxy has dried, simply brush the excess sand with a brush.
A soldering iron or a burner can be replaced by a regular spoon heated with a lighter. Just be careful, do not burn yourself!
If you buy wallpaper for the aquarium, but do not remember exactly the height and width of the aquarium, it is better to take with a margin than in the shortage.
Backgrounds for aquariums are very different, one-sided and two-sided, they can be depicted anything. Classic themes for aquarium photo wallpaper – this is the underwater world, but there are also options such as masonry.
In general, the drawings are very different. Most often there is something on the marine or underwater theme.