maintenance, care, compatibility
How to remove snails from an aquarium :: How to get rid of snails in an aquarium :: Animals :: Other
Not all snails are equally useful for aquarium. In spawning aquarium snails do nothing at all, they eat eggs and fish larvae.
In the general aquarium of hordes snails can completely destroy aquatic plants. The most common problem for an aquarist is the rapid reproduction of a red corneous coil or red fizzy.
They must be periodically disposed of.
The question “Why are cats not a commodity, when there are already reviews about them?” – 1 reply
- -banana peel;
- -lettuce leaves;
- -bleaching powder;
- -battery 9-12 V;
- -copper wire:
- -predator fish: macropod ordinary, tetradont and others.
1. You can get rid of snails in several ways. Large snails, such as ampulyaria, can be collected by hand and transferred to another aquarium. The young of these snails are also quite large, and their eggs are under the cover glass of the aquarium.
Masonry, like raspberries, is above the water. Remove and discard it.
2. Snails can be caught on the bait. Use banana peel and lettuce leaves as bait. Put the bait on the bottom of the aquarium.
When snails are gathered on the bait, they are removed along with the peel or leaves. This procedure must be done several times at intervals of 3-4 days in order to remove not only large snails, but also recently hatched caviar.
In this case, it is not necessary to remove fish and plants from the aquarium.
3. There is an electrical method for removing snails. Take 2 stranded copper wires. On one side, clean the ends in the form of panicles of 3-5 cm.
Connect the other ends to a battery with a voltage of 9-12 V. Dip the stripped ends into water from opposite sides of the aquarium for 2-3 minutes. Snails die.
This method, despite the speed, has its drawbacks. First, many plants do not tolerate copper ions and may die.
Secondly, it is not known for certain how this procedure affects fish, although some aquarists claim that it is harmless. Thirdly, dead snails will still have to be removed from the aquarium manually.
Decomposing, they will ruin the water.
4. The radical method of dealing with snails is that all fish and plants are removed from the aquarium. Plants destroy.
Completely replace the soil or boil it, followed by washing. Disinfect the aquarium with bleach, rinse and dry thoroughly. Refill the aquarium with water.
This method can only be used in small aquariums, where biological balance is quickly established and there are no valuable plants.
5. The most effective and environmentally friendly method of dealing with snails is biological. Plant their natural enemies in a snail-infested aquarium.
These are hungry adult macropods, large cichlids. The specialized mollusk eaters – tetradonts cope better than others with this task.
Caviar snails very well destroy antsistrusy. A pair of spawning cichlase or cancer completely destroys all the snails in a 100-liter aquarium in 2 days.
Some aquarists specifically populate snails in an aquarium. Before you do this, you need to think about whether you need them and how you are going to deal with them later.
How to get rid of snails in an aquarium: all working methods
Any aquarist with experience over time acquires a twofold attitude to the snails living in his glass houses. On the one hand, they seem to be useful – they eat up the remnants of food, the attackers on the bottom, and (some) clean the glass from aquariums.
On the other hand, most types of these glasses get dirty, and sometimes clams multiply so “over and over” that they destroy green plantings, turning a cozy oasis into some kind of watery desert. The snail melania enjoys a special dislike for fish owners. How to get rid of a creature that breeds with cosmic speed?
Moreover, she is also viviparous, so that her young immediately fill up the enemy ranks. Other species do not differ in such fertility and give time to find a way to get rid of snails in an aquarium.
But to deal with this problem has, probably, all owners of the “pools”.