maintenance, care, compatibility
Natural perfection, a cozy shelter … What else can please aquarium lovers a simple snag? And how to prepare it so that everyone gets only positive emotions?
About this next article.
An aquarium today is not just a glass jar with a pair of stones and a goldfish. In the hands of a careful and responsible connoisseur of the beauty of underwater life, the aquarium becomes a truly unique, beautiful corner of wildlife, a full-fledged ecosystem in miniature.
In it, both the design and the biological parameters are in a delicate, but strong balance, and the inhabitants feel excellent due to the carefully thought out and safe environment.
The design of the aquarium, like everything else in life, originates in the minds of people. That is why the trends that exist in the world in relation to the design of premises, as well as the fashion for certain materials and their location are reflected almost immediately and on the arrangement of aquariums.
Fortunately, the popularity of plastic accessories, artificial grass and huge incongruous locks are already behind. The modern world rushed to the naturalness and naturalness literally in everything.
And what can emphasize the naturalness and natural component of your home pond more than a piece of nature itself – a bizarre form of a real snag?
However, in order to decorate an aquarium with a tree does not result in fatal consequences for its entire flora and fauna, it is necessary to know many important nuances. We will talk about them further.
- Complete look and unique design of the aquarium.
- Additional places for recreation, games, hide your pets, and in some cases and for spawning.
- Soften water by increasing its acidity naturally. Most fish, especially freshwater, live in nature in open reservoirs with trees growing along the shores. The branches and leaves fall into the water and lie there for years and decades, creating the optimal composition of water and the conditions for the life of its inhabitants.
- Prevention of diseases of the digestive tract in some species of fish (for example, catfish) due to their eating of wood fibers.
- The possibility of increasing the ornamental aquatic plants and moss.
- Creating an environment unfavorable to harmful bacteria and microorganisms (treated wood emits small amounts of tannins and tannins, which disinfect water, but are safe for fish) and lightly dye the water in pleasant brownish-golden hues (if you don’t want it, you can choose a wood species which will leave the water clear).
We make out the “bank” with AquariumGuide.ru
How to decorate the aquarium, read here.
Decorative stones in the aquarium, which is better?
If you wish, you can add different types of moss and plants to the root snag, which will give your homely reservoir the look of a real corner of wildlife.
Designer inspiration to you, and always remember the safety of your choice for pet aquarium!
How to choose and prepare the snag for the aquarium, look at the video:
Adding different snags to the aquarium has become very fashionable. A peculiar decoration allows you to add some zest to the interior idea. It was past the time when aquarists decorated them with plastic installations of locks and sunken ships.
Artificial materials have been replaced by natural stone, wood and snags. Natural beauty is the best option for the harmonious existence of flora and fauna. Beginning aquarists often get scared by stories about snags rotting in an aquarium, from which water “bloomed” and the inhabitants died.
In fact, to introduce the original branch of the tree is not so difficult.
How to make a snag for an aquarium a real piece of art? It is necessary to give preference to branched or textured pieces of wood. If possible, put it in several different positions and see how it will look better.
There is no one piece of advice on how to place a snag in an aquarium.
It happens that even carefully boiled tree still pops up. Most often, increased buoyancy is associated with large sizes of snags for the aquarium. The easiest way to keep it in place is to tie the lines to the two stones at the beginning and end.
On the one hand it is better to prikopat so that it does not look artificially placed. In no case do not allow the snag to rest against the two ends on the glass, since, by swelling, it can squeeze the wall.
It is not advised to use suckers for this, as they quickly come off, and the emerging snag can cause injury to the fish.
- Raid On a fresh surface, the formation of plaque will not cause much harm. Soma happy to eat it. If there are no catfish, then rinse the tree under running water. In the event that the raid was formed on the old bale, then it is necessary to immediately get rid of it.
- Darkening of the water. Such a phenomenon means that the snag was not completely finished. It is necessary to remove it from the house for fish and send it to the board.
- Darkening. The loss of color is a natural process, therefore no special measures are required.
- Greening snags. Green indicates that snags are covered with algae, just like rocks and walls. To reverse the process, reduce the length of daylight and the amount of lighting, remove the greens from the tree.
You can decorate snags with Yavonian moss, which looks amazing on branchy snags. To fix it on a tree, you can use one of three methods:
- Wind up the thread;
- Secure the line;
- Stick on the glue.
The first method is considered the most humane in relation to mosses and fish. Over time, the thread will rot, but the moss will have time to attach to the tree.
You can glue if you are not afraid for the toxicity of water.
To make an aquarium, use only natural snags. However, to make them yourself or buy in the store – everyone decides for himself.
On the market or in the store, finished snags are quite expensive, so many aquarists prefer to make this decoration with their own hands.
First, determine the wood: it is better to choose alder, willow, maple or garden trees (pear and apple).
They do not recommend the use of conifers, as well as poplar and maple, as they emit tannins. The best option – willow snags, which for a long time were under water – they are not subject to the process of decomposition.
They can be found in the spring on the shore after the flood or dig in the forest.
If you cut down the living parts of the tree, then you first need to dry them, and it will take a long time. How to make a snag for an aquarium in this case?
The methods of manufacture after drying are the same as using dead snags.
The main thing is to dry thoroughly, otherwise after the tree is in the aquarium, it will begin to emit juices that are dangerous for fish and all living creatures and may even poison them.
As soon as you bring the snag home, clean it from the bark (it will not be needed), remove the parts on which there is rot, and then cut off the excess areas, giving the tree a beautiful look.
An important stage in the manufacture of snags – its processing. If the snag was cut near a dead tree and was not in the water, then first put it in the oven and hold it at a temperature of 200 degrees (but not more – otherwise it may be charred).
A snag for an aquarium with your own hands is not a painstaking process, but a long one. Remember that you can not skip a single stage.
After you have heated it in the oven, prepare a salt solution at the rate of 1 kg of salt per 10 liters of water and boil the snag in it for 3 hours.
The longer the tree boils, the darker it becomes. Then it should be lowered into a container with fresh water and kept there for 2-3 weeks under a press.
The process can be considered complete if the snag itself is held in the water column without additional devices.
Once this has happened, place it in the aquarium without additional load. If done correctly, it will sink, and being in an aquarium will not excrete mucus and stain water.
Making a snag for an aquarium with your own hands is very simple, the main thing is to follow all the rules for its preparation and processing.