maintenance, care, compatibility
How to make the water in the aquarium transparent :: how to get the water color :: Equipment and accessories
Aquarium maintenance is a rather laborious process, especially for a novice breeder. The basis of health for fish and plants that inhabit the aquarium, is quality water.
It should be transparent, not have color and smell, which is achieved as a result of special preparation of the liquid.
1. The most important thing that a novice aquarist should know is that fish should not be run into an aquarium with untreated tap water. This can lead to the death of living organisms.
For fish and plants to take root, prepare in advance water, make it transparent. Pour a new clean aquarium water from the tap and let it stand for 2-3 days.
As soon as the water loses the smell of chlorine, it is sufficiently settled. You can lay the soil and plant.
2. After laying the ground water can again lose transparency, becoming first blue and then muddy. This soil particles, stalks and roots of plants pollute water.
Therefore, it is impossible to plant fish there yet. After about an hour and a half, the soil will settle, and fish can be planted in the aquarium.
If you still doubt the quality of the water, add a special tool for water treatment (for example, Aquaseyf). This mixture will make water completely habitable fish and protects it from the development of pathogenic flora.
3. After the fish and plants settled in aquarium, water for another 3-4 months will have a bluish tint. And only after a certain time, when all living organisms take root finally, the water will regain its colorlessness and transparency.
This means that the water has reached its most optimal stage, which, in experienced aquarists, is called old. In such water, both animals and plants feel comfortable.
Fish do not get sick and actively reproduce, and the plants have a bright, saturated color. Determining that water has reached this stage is simple.
In a dark room, highlight the front wall of the aquarium with a table lamp. If the water is not visible, the fish, as it were, hover in the air, then you have achieved the ideal state of the water.
4. If your aquarium is equipped with modern water purification and filtration systems, then it is often not necessary to change it. Update water only in the event that the water became turbid, many algae particles floating in the water and fish waste products appeared. Then a portion of the water is poured and an appropriate volume of distilled or prepared tap water is added.
The more often the water changes in aquarium, the smaller the volume needed to drain.
5. If there is no cleaning system to do water transparent, you have to change it from time to time. Cast from the aquarium should be no more than 1/4 of the water, replacing it with a settled water supply.
This should be done no more than once every 2-3 weeks. Fish are very hard going through the change of fluid, so it is better to get a filtration system. And do not forget to wash the walls of the aquarium from the plaque.
That it can be the main cause of turbidity of water.
Everything aquariums without exception require water treatment. The fact is that in it, over time, the formation of dirt, mucus and microorganisms.
Currently, this problem can be solved quite simply.
1. In modern industry there is a whole range of devices that help solve this kind of problem. Most often, people use cleaners that are built into aerators and mounted on the bottom of the aquarium.
There are also special devices that collect waste from the aquarium. If you are a beginner aquarist, then remember that the best form of organization of uninterrupted life in an aquarium is a combination of water and soil purification means with the establishment of living beings.
These creatures are able to maintain the natural balance in the aquarium.
2. Consider, the aquarium needs constant care. It is necessary to monitor it every day, but not once a week.
Naturally, every day you do not need to deal with the change of water. Active bacteria that breed in water, as well as in the soil, are not always superfluous guests.
The most important thing is to create a natural balance. It should be similar to the one that exists in natural, natural conditions.
3. Do not forget that almost all modern biological filters are ways to create an environment for the emergence of bacteria, not only in the aquarium water. In order to localize them, a variety of products of companies that produce closed cleaning systems for aquariums work in the sockets of the filter. But even they can not save you from the constant change of water and the annual boiling of the soil.
However, it makes it possible to enjoy the contemplation of the inhabitants of the aquarium for many days.
4. You can also get a normal snail. In the people they are called “suckers.”
As a result, you can much less often engage in cleaning glasses. Get catfish.
They will feed on algae that form on the walls of the aquarium. These fish are very hardy.
The appearance is striking in its archaic refinement.
The cleaning algorithm is usually the following:
- we clean the walls from algal plaque;
- if necessary, we clean the scenery: stones, grottoes;
- if there are plants in the aquarium, we will weed and trim them;
- ground siphon (this procedure is not always performed);
- pour out of the aquarium of the water – this can be done during the siphon or on purpose;
- if necessary, wash the filter equipment;
- Pour clean water.
Before you start cleaning the aquarium, you must turn off all electrical equipment, except for external filters.
And now about everything in more detail.
With the help of an aquarium your home will be filled with beauty, comfort and warmth of exotic reservoirs. Aquarium is a great place to observe beautiful fish and calm meditation.
However, a damaged tank can ruin both your mood and the health of its inhabitants. Sometimes the water goes out and it stinks like a swamp.
Muddy water spoils the impression, and makes the nursery unfit for further use. The problem requires an immediate solution, which involves finding out the cause and its immediate elimination.
The main reasons why the water from the aquarium smells unpleasant, are indicated below:
- Irregular cleaning of the tank or poor cleaning (filtration);
- Improper aeration, due to which the water is not saturated with sufficient oxygen;
- Unsuitable aquarium plants;
- Nursery overpopulation – little water is allocated to one adult animal;
- Overfeeding fish, reptiles or amphibians;
- Feeding pets low-quality food;
- The sudden death of the inhabitants of the reservoir, the body goes dead and decomposes;
- The appearance of sludge in the soil and water.
If the aquarium fluid has become rotten, which has strongly started to smell, and even smells like a swamp, it is possible to establish the causes of the imbalance of the aquatic environment through practice and observation. In the course of the research, it will be possible to determine the method by which turbid water, which goes dead and smells unpleasant, will be neutralized.
To solve the problem should be phased actions.
- Decide whether you chose the right fish food. To do this, change the water, buy another, better food and test it in a few days. After a day, a turbid liquid that smells like a swamp has disappeared and is clean, odorless, which means the cause of the problem was unsuitable food. In the case where the action did not lead to a result, other reasons should be sought.
- It so happens that you feed the fish and other animals with high-quality feed, but the aquatic environment is still muddy and “gives” the swamp. Probably, you overfeed the inhabitants of the nursery, and they do not have time to eat all the granules. Not all fish eat a lot, so arrange unloading diets for them and add less feed to the water. After a few days, smell the tank – if the unpleasant smell has disappeared. If yes, then you have found the reason. The uneaten food is mixed with the soil, decomposing.
Watch a video on how to feed the fish properly.
If you are a beginner aquarist and for the first time launched an aquarium, due to lack of experience you could create the wrong neighborhood in the nursery. It turns out that not all types of fish, snails, amphibians and reptiles get along together. Some will disturb others, and because of close space, someone will fall ill and die, quietly sinking to the bottom.
Due to severe stress, insufficient shelters and swimming places, the inhabitants of the reservoir excrete feces with a characteristic aroma. After a day or two, muddy water will appear with a stench. What to do – get a spacious tank, pour water into it with suitable parameters, and populate compatible pets there.
Or buy two aquariums at once, if many species are incompatible within the same space. Also carefully inspect the bottom – maybe one of the fish died, and the body is still not removed.
- install a compressor with high power;
- replace the filter with a new one, with a forced circulation system;
- Ask a specialist how to adjust the oxygen supply to an acceptable level.
See how to replace the water and clean the soil in the aquarium.
In the aquarium, the liquid is rotting and the marsh stinks – how to clean the water?
Did you find out why the aquarium stinks, but you are not exactly sure what to do? Proper cleaning of the fish nursery is your main assistant!
When all the above tips have not led to the expected result, you will have to make a new plan to save the reservoir and its inhabitants. It consists in the correct cleaning of the container from harmful impurities and parasites, which are the main causes of an unpleasant smell. Before capital cleaning prepare such tools:
- at least 5-10 liter jars with infused water of appropriate parameters for the temporary settlement of fish;
- net, scraper and sponge;
- big bucket;
- special liquid to remove contamination from aquarium glass (available in stores);
- aquarium pump;
- pH adjuster.
Remove all animals from the nursery with a net by placing them in a jar of water. Disconnect the tank from the supply of current, light, turn off the filter and aerator.
Rinse and clean the sponge. Use a scraper and a sponge to clean the windows, removing plaque, algae and other droppings from them. Take the pump, lower one end into the bucket, the second into the tank with dirty water, then pump out from 20 to 50% of all the water, depending on when it was last changed.
Put gauze on the pump, and run it along the bottom of the ground, the air will make the bottom siphon. After cleaning, remove all decorations.
The scenery should be pulled out and processed, leaving them in a separate container with a little salted water (1 teaspoon per 20 liters) or scalding them with boiling water. If plaque forms on them, scrape it with an unnecessary toothbrush or gauze.
After processing, place the decorations on a clean cloth to dry, then reinstall in the aquarium.
Pour into the aquarium a new, clean water of the same parameters that fish and plants used to (temperature, pH, hardness). Infused water should be three days for chlorine to evaporate from it. Polish the outer glass of the tank (liquid for aquarium glass), and then reconnect all the devices.
After the procedure, gradually run the fish. Cleaning can be done in a few hours, the main thing – to adhere to accuracy.
Experienced breeders strongly advise settling in the nursery of the “orderlies” of the reservoir – freshwater snails, speckled catfish, mollies, antsistrusov, girinoheyl, labo, Japanese pond shrimps. The fishes living in the lower layers do an excellent job with the uneaten food that fell to the bottom, the snails eat carrion, and the shrimps and other fish mentioned above do an excellent job with algae.
When settling, you should consider compatibility with each other, then your aquarium will resemble a natural biotope, with crystal clear water and beautiful living creatures.