maintenance, care, compatibility
Natural perfection, a cozy shelter … What else can please aquarium lovers a simple snag? And how to prepare it so that everyone gets only positive emotions?
About this next article.
An aquarium today is not just a glass jar with a pair of stones and a goldfish. In the hands of a careful and responsible connoisseur of the beauty of underwater life, the aquarium becomes a truly unique, beautiful corner of wildlife, a full-fledged ecosystem in miniature.
In it, both the design and the biological parameters are in a delicate, but strong balance, and the inhabitants feel excellent due to the carefully thought out and safe environment.
The design of the aquarium, like everything else in life, originates in the minds of people. That is why the trends that exist in the world in relation to the design of premises, as well as the fashion for certain materials and their location are reflected almost immediately and on the arrangement of aquariums.
Fortunately, the popularity of plastic accessories, artificial grass and huge incongruous locks are already behind. The modern world rushed to the naturalness and naturalness literally in everything.
And what can emphasize the naturalness and natural component of your home pond more than a piece of nature itself – a bizarre form of a real snag?
However, in order to decorate an aquarium with a tree does not result in fatal consequences for its entire flora and fauna, it is necessary to know many important nuances. We will talk about them further.
- Complete look and unique design of the aquarium.
- Additional places for recreation, games, hide your pets, and in some cases and for spawning.
- Soften water by increasing its acidity naturally. Most fish, especially freshwater, live in nature in open reservoirs with trees growing along the shores. The branches and leaves fall into the water and lie there for years and decades, creating the optimal composition of water and the conditions for the life of its inhabitants.
- Prevention of diseases of the digestive tract in some species of fish (for example, catfish) due to their eating of wood fibers.
- The possibility of increasing the ornamental aquatic plants and moss.
- Creating an environment unfavorable to harmful bacteria and microorganisms (treated wood emits small amounts of tannins and tannins, which disinfect water, but are safe for fish) and lightly dye the water in pleasant brownish-golden hues (if you don’t want it, you can choose a wood species which will leave the water clear).
We make out the “bank” with AquariumGuide.ru
How to decorate the aquarium, read here.
Decorative stones in the aquarium, which is better?
❶ How to make a snag for an aquarium :: how to make a snag for an aquarium :: Furniture and decor
Decorative snag is one of the most important attributes of the design of the aquarium. It does not matter if you want to arrange a small home aquarium or a giant exhibition aquarium.
The underwater world adorned with a snag takes on the appearance of a natural reservoir; it emphasizes the beauty of the inhabitants of the aquarium. If you decide your snag is aquarium necessary, feel free to step into the forest or city park.
The question “where to order a playground?” – 2 answers
- Snag, capacity for boiling water, handsaw, knife, rags
1. Wander through the wooded area, look at the local water bodies. Your task is to find a wooden one. snag, in shape and size perfect for an aquarium.
Keep in mind that you need to take snags only from environmentally friendly places, avoid areas located in the zone of emission of industrial and agricultural waste.
2. Not any branch will be suitable for arrangement of the artificial water world. Use only tree roots.
It is very desirable that the snag be taken from the marsh environment and be submerged for a sufficient time. But you can prepare dry wood in a special way.
3. Suppose you find a suitable snag. Make sure the tree is not rotten and has no signs of rotting.
At home, clean the selected piece of wood from all the excess, remove the damaged parts, rinse snag water and proceed to its treatment.
4. You will need a suitable container (large pan or bucket). Fill it with water, but not completely, because part of the water will displace the snag.
Place the snag in a container and cook on low heat. Boil will have a few hours, occasionally changing the water.
After repeated boiling water should noticeably brighten.
5. When the root is sufficiently cooked, leave it for a few days in water. Then prepared snag Feel free to put in the aquarium. Try to rationally place this new element of the decor, so that the snag will be shown to everyone in the most favorable light.
Keep in mind that the appearance of snags can be puzzled by the inhabitants of the aquarium for some time. It will take several days, and then the fish will love this new shelter.
Snags are one of the most important elements of any aquarium, both domestic and exhibition. That small aquatic world, where there is a snag, acquires not only the appearance of the natural aquatic environment, but also emphasizes the beauty of the aquarium inhabitants.
Some species of fish find shelter under the snags, for other fish snags serve as food. Snags are also used as spawning substrate.
1. Harvesting for Koryogagh is best to look for in local waters. If you want to keep your inhabitants in good health, make sure that this body of water is necessarily ecologically clean, there should not be enterprises with industrial and agricultural waste in its zone. After the reservoir is found, you need to find the one you like. snag.
Just be sure to take into account the size of the aquarium and the snag itself, it will have some time to digest.
2. So, a suitable snag was found, and it needs to be examined. A good snag has a fairly solid tree, there is no putrid smell from it, it is not covered with mold.
After this check, you can proceed to its further preparation.
3. Snag need to wash, and clear of bark. If desired, a snag can be given a certain shape.
4. After that snag need to be processed from a biological point of view. For this snag need to bake.
It is necessary to place the blank of the snag in the oven, heat it to 200 degrees and leave snag there for 2-5 hours. Occasionally snag it will need to be turned over for uniform coloring.
This process removes moisture from wood, protects snag from rotting.
5. Then snag you need to bind to the cargo and put in an enameled container, pour with strong salt solution and boil for about 12 hours. To be completely confident in the sterilization of snags, potassium permanganate can be added to the solution at the rate of 5-10 grams per 10 liters.
Potassium permanganate, in addition to disinfection, will also give the bark more saturated color.
6. The final step is to release snag from salt and manganese. For this snag need to boil in fresh water, changing it every three hours.
This should be repeated from 2 days to 2 weeks, depending on the size and number of blanks. After these operations, the snag will be absolutely ready to get into the aquarium and will delight you and the inhabitants of the aquarium for many years.
To check the suitability of the snags, put a snag into an aquarium filled with fresh water, launch inexpensive fish into it, cover the vessel with glass so that they do not jump out, and observe their behavior. If the fish are worried, try to jump out of the aquarium, then the snag is not suitable for use in the aquarium.
Some people recommend adding a little ordinary salt to the water when cooking the driftwood, but this is not mandatory.
A considerable number of aquarists today prefers aquarium kryagam. With their help, the aquarium becomes a particularly cozy one: plants are planted on them, they are used especially for small fish (as a shelter), etc.
Some buy snags in stores, and some decide to create them with their own hands. With the purchase, everything is quite clear, though, then you need to properly prepare the purchased snags.
Therefore, in this article we will talk about these issues in more detail.
To begin, consider the process of self-manufacturing snags.
Before you start creating an aquarium snag with your own hands, you need to find out what tree species you can use to decorate your aquarium.
Note that the most popular among all the trees are mangrove and mopani. However, these trees have one peculiarity: when they are placed in an aquarium, a slight tinting of the water in amber color is possible.
To prevent this, you will need to pre-wash the stump with ordinary running water (about ten minutes will be enough).
But it is not at all necessary to select only the named two tree species. Other options are possible, with the exception of coniferous trees.
We recommend that you choose an apple, pear or nut. But the most ideal option is a willow.
As is known, a significant part of these trees grows on the banks of reservoirs. From this it follows that the wood of willow is maximally adapted to its content in water.
Aquarium snag from willow will look very organic.
Having decided on the type of wood, you need to find a suitable snag. Searches can be carried out in the river, for example, or in a swamp.
If you did not manage to find the snag in any reservoir, then you can easily cut it with your own hands. For cutting, you need to find a suitable part of the tree: it should be interesting, have a large number of twigs. In doing so, you must, of course, take into account the size of your aquarium.
When searching, we advise you to pay attention to the most dry trees, from the bottom of which you can cut down snags.