maintenance, care, compatibility
So, in the specialized shop with the help of a consultant, the necessary internal water purifier was selected. Before this, you should carefully check its completeness and read the tips on installing and running into work.
First, the device must be assembled according to the recommendations set forth in the instructions for use. Can’t wait to check it at work?
You should not hurry, because the filter must first be properly fixed in an aquarium filled with water. And, beginners, as a rule, have some questions. How deep should the glass be dipped?
What is plastic flexible transparent tube for?
The vast majority of internal water purifiers are attached to the wall of the aquarium in a vacuum way using special suction cups. These suction cups are included in the package.
Prerequisite: the filter must be completely submerged in water, the height of the water level above the top of the device must be from 2 to 5 cm.
A transparent flexible tube serves to supply air to the device and is attached to its “nose”. The other end of the tube should be outside the aquarium, outdoors.
It would seem that you can already run the “glass” in the work. However, experts recommend making the first inclusion, removing all living creatures from the aquarium. You never know what!
What if the device has a manufacturing defect? It is better not to risk and move all the fish for a short time in a small sump.
If the first inclusion showed the normal operation of the technical device, pets can immediately run into their water house.
After the first power up, it is recommended to set the power regulator, which is available on each filter, to the middle position. It takes some time to observe the condition of your pets and then empirically determine the optimum power of the filtering device.
Already from the name of this cleaner it is clear that it is installed on the bottom of a water house for fish. But the choice of this type of filter is resorted to only when there is very little or no decorative bottom aquatic vegetation in the aquarium.
Such a device is a relatively thin plate with an internal filter material and a multitude of holes through which water flows. Some believe that such a plate with tubes attached to it can be simply put on the ground and that will be enough.
This is a misconception – the bottom cleaner should be installed, not just put.
First, remove the soil from the bottom of the aquarium (or from a separate section) and put a plastic frame that will raise the false-bottom by 2-3 mm. Only then can the technical device be closed with a primer, and then put it into operation.
Not only the purity and high-quality chemical and biological composition of water, but also the degree of air saturation depend on the proper installation of any aquarium filter. In addition, it determines the reliability of the device itself.
In any case: before the water purifier is put into operation, you need to carefully read the instructions attached to it and strictly follow the rules specified in it.
How to install the internal filter in the aquarium, see the video:
How to install the internal filter in the aquarium :: how long should the filter in the aquarium work :: Equipment and accessories
If you decide to install an aquarium at home, then you cannot do without an aquarium. filter. His choice should be treated with special attention, since the quality of water in your underwater kingdom will depend on this device.
1. Today, there are many varieties of aquarium filters: internal, external, bottom, aerator filters, as well as filters that produce mechanical filter(as filter used filter thread, sponge or crumb), chemical filter(using activated carbon or zeolite), as well as biofiltertion (microorganisms are used in the filter that purify water from harmful impurities).
2. The filter must be selected based on the volume of the aquarium, as well as the functions that it will have to perform. For example, external filters are easy to use, and bottom filters help create a more favorable microflora in the aquarium, and they need to be cleaned every two to three years.
For small aquariums, an ideal option would be a filter aerator, which combines the functions of cleaning and saturating water with oxygen. In any case, before you choose any specific filter, you should consult with a specialist.
3. Before installing the filter, carefully read the instructions. If you purchased a chemical filter, you must fill it with the adsorbent that comes with it.
4. Before installation filter prepare an aquarium. Rinse it thoroughly and fill it with water to see if the seams are leaking. Drain and place pre-prepared soil on the bottom of the aquarium.
If you purchased a bottom filter, you must first install it under the ground. Pour about one third of the water, then plant the plants.
If you choose an internal filter, then you need to install it at this very moment. Attach the filter with special velcro or retaining bracket, then fill the aquarium with water to the required level.
An external filter can be installed after filling the aquarium with water.
5. After filling the aquarium, turn on the filter in order to check its operation. While the aquarium will be balanced (about two weeks), the filter must be kept on.
As soon as you see that the water has disappeared from the water, then you can safely inhabit your underwater world with fish.
When buying an aquarium, do not forget that in addition to appeasement from it, you will still take care of its inhabitants and their habitat, that is, an aquarium. Regularly keep it clean.