maintenance, care, compatibility
The background for the aquarium, how to glue and fasten
The most important decorative function in arranging an aquarium is played directly – “background”. What kind of background you choose will determine not only the style of your aquarium world, but also the mood that will be passed on to everyone who looks at it.
This article will help you determine the choice of one or another background, as well as help to prevent annoying errors when gluing or installing the background.
Types of backgrounds for the aquarium, which one to choose?
1. Painting the outside of the rear window of the aquarium.
Picking up the material for this topic, I came across this method of creating a background for an aquarium — like painting the back wall of an aquarium with dyes.
I am personally skeptical of this method:
– first, having painted once, you will not be able to change the color range (well, or you will have to tear off the paint with solvents);
– secondly, not everyone has the ability to artistic painting on glass; at best, you will not have a background – but a “kindergarten veranda”;
But, there is one plus of this method of creating a background – This is the individuality and uniqueness of your aquarium. So, if you have the makings of an artist and taking into account the fact that now in building supermarkets you can buy a huge amount of various colors, azure and other colerans – this is the method of creating a background for an aquarium.
2. Background film.
Perhaps the most popular and ergonomic way to design the rear wall of the aquarium. Such plastic film can be purchased at any pet store.
The variety of color solutions, many different pictures, as well as a relatively small cost (from $ 5 per 1 m.) – these are the advantages of such a film.
In addition, such films are easily mounted and easily removed. And if you want, you can change them when you like.
Now let’s talk: how to glue the aquarium background:
Films can be glued either from the outside of the rear window of the aquarium, or from the inside. In both cases, the background is attached to the silicone sealant.
Some comrades recommend sticking the film on tape, but this method is less aesthetic, besides it is not possible when mounting the film from the inside.
I recommend sticking such a film on the inside of the aquarium’s rear window – from the inside. The fact is that when gluing the film “from the outside”, the color saturation deteriorates and the color of the picture decreases, which is caused by the distortion of the glass of the aquarium.
In addition, the pattern will be uniform (without pimples and swelling).
In both cases, use special pet-shop, transparent silicone sealant. Do not use construction sealant.
Especially if you glue the film from the inside. Such a sealant can be toxic, in addition, it can strongly pull off the film when dry, the film “bubbles”.
When gluing the background, distribute the silicone sealant around the perimeter of the film (you can drop a little on the center). If you stick the film from the inside of the aquarium, please note that this should be done on a completely dry glass surface. With this method, do not feel sorry for silicone, especially on the upper part of the film, as it can come off when you, for example, wake up the filter with suction cups.
Glue the film from the inside, wait until the silicone sealant is completely dry, and then just pour water into the aquarium.
3. Panel and diorama.
In the pet stores are also widely represented panels and panoramas for aquariums. Such aquarium backgrounds look the most attractive, but their cost scares many.
However, if you are diligent and hardworking such a background, you can make yourself using the materials at hand: polystyrene foam (polystyrene foam), foam, stones, snags and more. Such backgrounds will be individual and unique.
The only thing to remember when creating them is the need to use only non-toxic materials and paints.
When choosing a particular background for an aquarium, be guided in the same way that it should be combined with the soil and other decorations of your aquarium.
For all who wish to order and purchase
professional, high-quality backgrounds for an aquarium,
as well as stones, grottoes and other decor
proven internet resource
Click on the logo to go to the company’s products.
How to glue the background to the wall of the aquarium :: Equipment and accessories
Aquarium – a piece of wildlife in your home. The aesthetics of its design is of great importance.
Nice background aquarium can advantageously complete the design of a living corner and successfully fit into the interior.
- photocomposition, sponges and cleaning products for glass, adhesive tape.
1. As a rule background determines the overall impression of the design of everything aquarium. To date, the use of photocompositions is considered the most popular and common method of design.
They are made on a solid film with the image of various kinds of underwater landscapes – stones, algae, branched coals, etc.
2. After selecting and purchasing the photo composition you like, you can proceed to the design. backgroundand in the aquarium. First, thoroughly clean the rear window of dirt and dust.
This can be done with a sponge and glass cleaner.
3. Then let the glass dry out and apply a special glue on it. A suitable brand of glue will help you find in any pet store. Apply the adhesive strictly over the entire surface of the glass.
Do not forget to more thoroughly lubricate the corners so that during operation the film does not peel off or deform. Make it a special spatula, which is provided in a set with glue.
4. Take pre-fitted size background, gently attach to the back wall aquarium, smooth and smooth it over the entire surface.
5. Do not worry if background I did not lay down exactly at the first attempt. You can repeat the whole procedure again, peeling it off and aligning it.
After background it will be glued, expel air bubbles with a spatula and smooth out small folds. Do this slowly, moving from center to edge.
6. Glue, which appears on the edges, carefully remove with a sponge. After this seal background scotch tape around the perimeter. Everything.
The procedure is over. Mount the aquarium and run there your favorite fish.
How to glue the film on the aquarium :: how to stick the aquarium film :: Equipment and accessories
Looking at the fish floating in the aquarium, the observer unwittingly notices objects that are behind the aquarium, or the pattern of wall-paper. To preserve the effect of the depth of the space of the underwater world, it is enough to use a special background for the aquarium, one of which is film-stickers, which are distinguished by low price and the possibility of frequent replacement.
They can be installed on the outer side of the rear wall of the aquarium, the inner side of its rear wall, as well as on a thin base of plywood or fiberboard, which is attached to the rear of the aquarium frame.
- – rubber spatula or plastic card with smooth edges;
- – a sheet of plywood or fiberboard according to the size of the back wall of the aquarium;
- – self-adhesive film-background for aquariums.
1. Sticking on the base for subsequent mounting it to the wall of the aquarium from the outside:
Cut out the base for sticking the film exactly to the size of the back wall of the aquarium of thin plywood, cragis or fiberboard (in extreme cases, from thick cardboard).
2. Clean the surface dry.
3. Free the edge of the self-adhesive film-picture from the protective layer no more than 2-3 cm from its narrow side. The operation must be carried out quickly enough, since the adhesive layer of the film dries out quickly and loses its ability to stick.
4. Attach the free adhesive side of the film to the base and press it, smoothing it with a rubber spatula or a plastic card over the entire area of a small strip of glued surface.
5. Peel off the next 2-3 cm of film, stretching it across the width, press it with a spatula, leveling the surfaces to be glued and squeezing the air between them.
6. Cut off the excess part of the film, or gently bend and glue to the back of the base.
7. Attach the resulting background tightly to the frame of the aquarium with tape so that it covers the back wall as much as possible.
8. For sticking film with the image directly on the back wall of the aquarium from the inside or outside of it:
Use the above film sticking technology. It should be remembered that later it will be difficult to remove it.
This option is for those who do not like to frequently change the interior of the aquarium.
9. Sticking with adhesive tape:
You can also fix a fragment of the film around the perimeter of the outer part of the back wall of the aquarium with double-sided or regular tape.
The usual non-self-adhesive background film can be glued to the outside of the back wall of the aquarium with silicate glue, liquid soap, sunflower oil, sugar syrup, while constantly smoothing and squeezing out the excess adhesive composition.