maintenance, care, compatibility
The work is carried out in several stages:
- To protect the glass from contamination, glue it over with masking tape. From each edge leave a distance equal to the thickness of the glass.
- All surfaces are degreased – rubbed with an acetone containing agent or alcohol.
- The glue joint should be made as smooth as possible. To do this, put on the end of a little silicone. After hardening, cut it off with a blade, leaving a small ledge above the glass. It will help to make a uniform seam.
- Gluing is carried out on a solid and flat surface, covered with polyethylene. First, the glass is glued, which will be located in front, then – the side and all the other parts. Excess glue for the aquarium from the glass should be removed with a cloth previously moistened with a solution of water and vinegar.
- After about an hour, the seams need to be smeared with silicone and leave the product to dry. Aquarium is ready to use.
We make the calculation of the glass. The front wall of the glass corresponds to the size of the aquarium, at the bottom we take away along the circumference two thicknesses of glass, and two millimeters for bonding. The end of the width corresponds to the bottom, and the height of the front glass.
The stiffening ribs that strengthen the aquarium are strips of glass from 2 to 5 cm along the length of the walls.
Beautifully cut glass you get only high-quality glass cutter using special oil or kerosene to handle the cutting line. T-shaped profile, planted under the glass will help you break it smoothly.
In order not to cut yourself during work, the edges of the glasses, except for the bottom, must be blunt. For this purpose, apply the skin.
In no case do we allow heating of the glass.
Getting to the most important thing – how to glue the aquarium.
Glue the surface degreased with acetone or alcohol. If you are puzzled than to glue a glass aquarium, buy a clear silicone sealant.
We apply sealant from the gun. Try to match the width of the glue to the thickness of the glass.
Sealant is better to buy designed specifically for aquariums without the presence of additives dangerous to fish.
To make the work neat, many people use masking tape.
Silicone sealant forms a film within 4-5 minutes. Therefore, the glass must have time to glue up to its formation.
We perform gluing work on a flat surface. First, alternately press the front wall, the ends and the other front wall to the bottom. Pressing, we leave a gap between the glasses 0.5 mm.
After gluing, remove excess sealant.
The glasses are fastened with masking tape and from the inside of the aquarium we pass through the seams again with sealant, leveling it with a finger.
Glue the stiffeners.
Leave the tank for a day to dry.
Turn over the aquarium, cut off the sealant that has come out and reapply it on the bottom seam.
Give dry and then pour water for two days.