maintenance, care, compatibility
How to equip an aquarium :: how to equip an aquarium properly :: Aquarium fish
Aquarium equipment allows you to maintain in it the climatic conditions favorable for its inhabitants. Also, aquariums are equipped with lighting devices and filters for water purification.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. Only the smallest desktop ball-shaped aquarium can be equipped with nothing. Just put the fish in it, periodically feed them and change the water.
Oxygen will be dissolved in it due to natural diffusion.
2. Larger aquariums (about 30 liters in volume) should be equipped with microcompressors without fail. They are of two types: with a rotating impeller and vibration.
The first ones are more reliable, but the second ones are more maintainable, and therefore the owner, who knows how to repair them, lasts even longer. Be sure to read the instructions for the compressor, whether it can be kept on around the clock, or it requires a periodic shutdown.
3. If you simply lower the hose from the microcompressor into the water, you will get a few large bubbles that rise at high speed. This is not only ugly: they reach the boundary between water and air so quickly that oxygen diffusion hardly has time to occur. In addition, such bubbles can disturb and even injure the fish.
To avoid this, use nozzles on the hose. They cause compressed air to pass through many pores.
Because of this, the bubbles become larger, but they themselves significantly decrease in size and rise relatively slowly. Most often, these nozzles are disguised as stones lying on the bottom of the aquarium.
4. There are fish that feel comfortable at a higher water temperature than room water. For them it is necessary to equip an aquarium with a heater.
Its power (25 or 50 W), depending on the volume of the vessel. It is best to use such a device that provides a nominal temperature, being constantly on.
Heaters, working in conjunction with the regulator, have a power reserve. In case of automatic breakdown, the water will be overheated, which threatens its inhabitants with death.
In any case, the operation of the heater should be immediately stopped in case of leakage.
5. It is advisable to equip a sufficiently large aquarium (with a volume of about 50 liters). This device constantly passes water through the filter element with a small pump. But keep in mind that it will be necessary to change the water anyway, although it is much less common.
In addition, as pollution will be necessary to replace the filter element itself.
6. Illumination of the aquarium is necessary not only for observers, but also for its inhabitants. One of them has enough visible light, while others need a little ultraviolet.
In the second case, use only UV lamps that are specifically designed for use in an aquarium. Any other dangerous for both people and fish. No lamp can be immersed in the water, even just a bulb – if it breaks, water can reach the electrodes.
It is best to use fully sealed or low-voltage lamps.
7. Auxiliary equipment increases the comfort of handling the aquarium. First of all, it includes an extension cord, in which each outlet has a separate switch.
It allows you to separately control compressors, heaters, filters and lamps, without pulling out their plugs. It is important that all switches in such an extension be bipolar.
And in order to know if the temperature is too high (or low), install a thermometer on the suction side of the inside of one of the side walls of the aquarium. They should not be mercury in any way.
A beautiful aquarium is able to decorate the interior of any housing. If you have already decided on the shape and size of the aquarium, as well as the place of its future location, then it’s time to think about how to equip the aquarium.
Before you begin, you should determine what equipment you need for your tank.
To make a cozy house for your home marine life, you need to know the basic rules. The classic aquarium is a habitat for fish and indoor plants. The main vital signs to be followed are: lighting, temperature, aeration.
If you are thinking about how to equip an aquarium for cichlid, it is necessary to take into account the mandatory presence of massive decorations: snags, stones, caves, passages. They should be mostly dark in color.
These arrays must be distributed in such a way that the fish will have a place to swim.
Guppy are one of the most common fish, so the question of how to equip an aquarium for these species worries all novice aquarists. Any aquarium from 10 liters with algae is perfect for them.
They are unpretentious and can live without additional aquarium accessories.
Another common question is how to equip turtle aquarium. It all depends on the size of the turtle (for a species up to 10 cm a 40 l aquarium will be suitable).
Depending on the type, it is worth buying a filter, a lamp and additional locks, stones, on which the turtle can climb.
A round aquarium has a small area, so it is important to know how to equip such a house for fish. A special compressor is required.
The lamp must be placed on top. There are various options for aquarium decoration, which can transform it into a fascinating and original underwater world.
How to equip an aquarium for a turtle :: arrangement of an aquarium for a red-eared turtle :: Equipment and accessories
The turtle is the most suitable pet for those who are attracted to calm and unhurried creatures. But their content has its own subtleties. For example, it is necessary to create comfortable conditions for keeping both an amphibian and a ground turtle, since they cannot walk around the apartment with a person, like a cat or a dog.
What is required for the maintenance of domestic turtles?
- For the red-eared turtle:
- – aquarium;
- – incandescent lamp;
- – soil (fine gravel or coarse sand);
- – one or two thermometers;
- – water filter;
- – water heater;
- – island of land for recreation.
- For the Central Asian tortoise:
- – aviary or terrarium;
- – soil (sand with peat);
- – thermometer;
- – incandescent lamp;
- – water tank.
1. The most common species of turtles are red-eared and central Asian. The first of these is a freshwater inhabitant, the second is a landwater.
Representatives of both of these types can be kept in the same apartment, but their conditions of detention are sufficiently different.
2. If you plan to settle a red-eared turtle, you will need an aquarium with a volume of 100-150 liters per individual. It is better to choose a container of silicate glass, since scratches from turtle claws will be too noticeable on the surface of an aquarium of organic glass.
Clean coarse sand or fine gravel will be suitable as soil.
3. Red-eared turtles spend in water a sufficiently large part of their time, but they need the islands of land for rest. The island should be large enough, about a quarter the size of the total area of the aquarium.
In order for the turtle to be comfortable to climb out of the water onto the land, a gradually rising slope with an uneven surface is especially good, to which your pet can cling to claws. Such an island can be purchased at the pet store.
4. Above the island you need to install an incandescent lamp so that the tortoise released from the water can warm up. Plants in the aquarium, where the red-eared turtle lives, should not be planted, as they will not stay there anyway for a long time – your pet will eat them.
Therefore, for the design of the aquarium is better to use large stones and snags. The turtle will not eat artificial plants (although it will certainly try), but it can dig them up.
5. The water temperature in the aquarium for a sandback turtle should be 25-30 ° C. To maintain the temperature at the right level, you need an aquarium heater and thermostat.
It is also recommended to purchase two thermometers – one to control the external temperature, the other to monitor the water temperature. In the aquarium, you also need to install a filter for water purification, as the food for eared turtles belong to the perishable variety.
6. In the aquarium, or rather, the terrarium, for the Central Asian tortoise water is not necessary to pour. Such a turtle will have enough free access to a container with water, in which she can, if she wishes, lie down, as in a bath.
The common belief that a land turtle can live crawling throughout an apartment is fundamentally wrong. Such a turtle needs a ground, which it could dig, obeying its natural needs, as well as a lamp under which it could warm itself. There is a great risk that the tortoise walking around the apartment will inadvertently come.
Dangers are also drafts that can provoke a cold. Therefore, it is better to make a choice in favor of a rather spacious aviary, where the tortoise will be at rest and safe.
Sand mixed with peat is suitable as a soil. Make sure that the temperature under the lamp was about + 25-28C.
It is not necessary to be hooked into the aquarium to the red-eared turtle of amphibians of other species. The turtle can eat or hurt them.
Do not place the island for a snail turtle closer than 30 cm from the edge of the aquarium – otherwise your Tortilla may be tempted to stroll.