maintenance, care, compatibility
The first month after the launch of the aquarium, it is not necessary to clean the soil, then it will have to be washed every two to three weeks, as it gets dirty. There are several options for cleaning the soil – for aquariums with a dense population and for aquariums that are not so densely populated.
The use of a siphon allows you to remove particles of dirt, feces, food debris from the soil, as well as eliminate the unpleasant smell of hydrogen sulfide, which appears due to “acidification” of the soil. This happens due to the fact that bacteria have settled in the soil, and the natural balance is disturbed.
How to clean the soil in an aquarium with lots of fish and plants? You can’t do without an aquarium siphon – you have to thoroughly wash the soil.
Perhaps the fish will have to be deposited for the time of cleaning in another container. The funnel cylinder is stuck into the ground, while it is necessary to agitate the surface very thoroughly so that all particles of dirt are sucked in and out.
After cleaning, add water to the aquarium.
In an aquarium with a standard size or with a small population of fish, it is possible and not to remove, the ground is siphoned to a shallower depth. You can also not remove the pebbles – small particles will be easily sucked into the siphon, the large ones will simply settle to the bottom.
Any cleaning should be recited from cleaning aquarium glasses. From the purity of the glass depends on how we will see the aquarium itself. Small algae constantly appear on the glasses and microorganisms settle there, which makes visibility difficult and makes the aquarium untidy.
You can clean the walls of the aquarium with the help of special scrapers, a nylon washcloth or an ordinary kitchen sponge.
You can cope with this task not only with the help of special tools. Some types of fish, such as ancistrus or snail, can simply simply eat light pollution.
However, there is a drawback in this method: tracks of eaten algae may remain on the walls.
At the second stage of cleaning the aquarium proceed to cleaning the soil. In this section, we will discuss how to clean the soil from the accumulated remnants of food and excreta, because it is at the bottom that all these impurities accumulate.
Before you start work, make sure that it is really necessary. To do this, it is enough to twist the ground with something.
If bubbles begin to rise from the bottom, then it is necessary to clean it.
cleaning the bottom of the aquarium
This procedure of cleaning the aquarium will make it easier and easier for the fish to clean the soil without any pain. It consists of a flexible hose with a diameter of 15 mm and a glass or metal tip that needs to be driven along the bottom, periodically pressing it inwards.
Through the tip of the hose will drain water with all the pollution. It is very important to monitor the amount of drained water, its volume should not be more than one fifth of the total volume of the aquarium.
This is the amount of water you have to add later.
When cleaning the soil, try not to damage the roots of plants, this can lead to their death. We should not forget that our goal is not only cleaning the aquarium, but also the preservation of all life in it.
The first months after the “launch” of the aquarium, it is necessary to monitor the state of its cleanliness, removing the remnants of rotten food and decorations. Once a week it is necessary to replace the water with pure and infused water, but not completely.
If the aquarium lives correctly, then biological balance will be established in it, the water will become transparent with a yellowish tinge. When this happens, you can do the first cleaning.
In order to maintain the ability to see the fish through the glass, you should wash the tank about once every 1-2 weeks. So you can prevent the formation of large algae and organic matter, formed as a result of the vital activity of fish.
Some algae and non-decaying organics are harvested with the help of “aides” of the aquarium – catfish or snails. Of course, this will depend on the conditions of your aquarium and how much fish already lives in it.
How to clean the bottom of the aquarium :: aquarium cleaning fish :: aquarium fish
Many lovers of aquarium fish wonder why they even need to clean bottom at aquarium, because nobody in natural waters bottom it does not clean specially, plants grow well and fish swim merrily. The fact is that aquariums have a small volume compared to natural reservoirs, fish emit feces, and the remnants of the food that is not eaten by them fall on bottom and begin to rot, spoiling the water and giving the green light for the development of pathogenic microbes that can have a detrimental effect on both the fish themselves and the aquarium plants.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. To clean the bottom there are special filters, however, they do not perform their duties well. Until now, the best and effective way to clean the bottom aquarium is siphon cleaning. ABOUTbottom of these devices you see in the picture on the left.
Siphon consists of a flexible ribbed hose with abottomwhich side is a pear, and on the other hand a plastic expander with a bottom mesh at the end, so that during the cleaning process of the bottom aquarium In the siphon did not accidentally sucked some “gaping” fish! Before cleaning bottom, remove carefully from aquarium large stones, as well as plants without roots, which pressed these stones to the bottom and did not allow them to float, then clean the wall with a special scraper aquarium.
When the dirt, scraped from the walls, sinks to bottom, lower the siphon into the aquarium, not forgetting to put an empty bucket below the water level. Having pressed a pear several times, suck the water into the siphon. This creates a constant flow of water and now it remains only to drive a hose along the bottom aquarium and between the stones, draining all the dirt through the hose into the bucket.
In this procedure, for better cleaning of the bottom, slightly move the soil pebbles with the end of the hose. When heavily contaminated, it is sometimes necessary to remove the siphon aquarium,to clean the expander mesh, clogged with dirt.
2. If there is no special siphon for cleaning the aquarium bottom at hand, it can easily be replaced by a regular rubber hose. In this case, the water intake is done either with the help of an ordinary rubber pear, or, in the absence of such, the mouth is made in the mouth, much like motorists pour gasoline.
However, in this case, it is necessary to do the suction very quickly, so as not to swallow inadvertently aquarium water. In addition, it is necessary to ensure that the fish, especially the smallest, do not suck in the bucket through the hose.
This can not only scare the fish, but also injure them, especially those who are proud of their large and beautiful fins and tails! Especially often sucks slower fish, such as guppies.
3. And of course, every day after feeding the fish, remove the remnants of food that they have not eaten. Usually this is done by the simplest device, which is a glass tube with a rubber bulb at the end, extending along the length to the bottom. aquarium. If you use dry food for feeding fish, then remove their residues from aquarium as soon as the fish ate and moved away from the trough.
Feed drops on bottom, usually in aboutbottomm and the same place – under the aquarium feeder. Remove the feeder so that it does not bother you, lower the glass tube to the bottom, sucking the rest of the food with a pear.
If you do not do it in time, then in an hour the aquarium water can become cloudy, as dry food is an excellent food for millions of bacteria that begin to multiply in geometric progress.
4. Clean the aquarium bottom thorough at least aboutbottomth times a month, while pouring no more than 30% of water. Merged water is replaced by fresh, separated and necessarily the same temperature as the main water in the aquarium.
And remember that maintaining cleanliness in the aquarium is the key to the health of your pets!
How to clean aquarium glass :: cleaning aquarium glasses :: Equipment and accessories
Proper care of the fish living in your home in an aquarium implies not only food, lighting, providing flora, but also timely thorough cleaning of the walls of the aquarium. Follow the recommendations and you will always be satisfied with the state of the water corner of nature.
1. On the walls of the aquarium, especially in its upper part, lime deposits are usually accumulated. And often there are so many of them that a simple brush and hot water will not help. Better take a razor blade or razor.
This machine is very convenient to clean the plaque. It is clear that such cleaning should be carried out in the absence of the inhabitants of the aquarium.
2. Try this method. Take a small rag and table salt.
Thanks to them, you clean the bloom from algae. Intense mechanical movements simply remove unwanted dirt.
3. Buy in the hardware store tough washcloth, better metal. Go through the washcloth on the walls of the aquarium, the deposits and deposits will quickly be cleaned. But there are some downsides.
The glass may scratch and defects will ruin the look of the aquarium.
4. Get a special scraper (wiper) for the aquarium, it gently cleans the surface of the glass. The price is quite affordable.
5. Drain all the water from the aquarium. Dampen a sponge or cloth in vinegar and rub the inner surface.
This method is effective, most importantly, after such a procedure, thoroughly rinse the aquarium.
6. The thinner the bloom, the less you will have to sweat when cleaning it. Do not run the aquarium so that later, unable to cope with strong pollution, throw it away. The most difficult to clean aquariums from plexiglass.
Be very careful when cleaning, do not scratch the walls.
7. Wash the walls of the aquarium at least once a month and inside and out. Do not use household detergents and fine sand, harmful to the inhabitants of the aquarium.
Pollution control regularly.
8. To keep the inner walls of the aquarium clean will help fish-suckers and snails.
Try to soften the water, and you do not have to very often clean the walls of the aquarium.