When planting fish in a house, you should find out in advance how to wash the aquarium. This seemingly simple occupation has its own characteristics and rules that help to clean up the fish house and not harm its inhabitants. Cleaning is needed not only for beauty, it provides biological balance, the violation of which leads to irreversible consequences.
It is advisable to understand why it becomes muddy water, what signs indicate the need for its purification, what is the daily and general cleaning of the aquarium.
Watching the fish soothes, improves mood and allows you to timely notice the changes that have occurred to them, indicating that it is time to wash the aquarium. Gradually, the water becomes turbid, fine debris appears in it, a raid accumulates on the walls, bottom, soil.
These troubles are associated with the life of the inhabitants, the presence of algae, water quality.
The main causes of pollution are as follows:
- Overfeeding. If the fish do not eat the food, its remains fall to the bottom and rot.
- Decoration errors. Unprepared soil causes turbidity in the water. Before using it, rinse thoroughly, rinse seashells or figurines used to decorate, and remove fine dust from them.
- Reproduction of microorganisms. In aquarium water, bacteria and fungi are surely present, which benefit by recycling ammonia, nitrates and other dangerous substances. But the increase in their number causes a violation of the biological balance and the appearance of turbidity. When you start the aquarium, you need to defend the water for several days and then settle it.
- The rapid development of algae. This refers not to those plants that sway beautifully and serve as decor, but to lower organisms. They make the water green and settle on the walls.
- Overcrowding and poor filtering. There are rules governing the dependence of the number of fish on the volume of water. If there are too many inhabitants, the filter does not cope, the amount of waste products that cause turbidity of the liquid increases.
From the cause of the problem, depends on how to fix it. It is necessary to analyze the specific situation and decide how to clean the aquarium at home.
In all household ponds, without exception, a special touch appears on the walls. Due to this, the glass becomes untidy.
To avoid this, algae must be removed. To address the issue of how to clean the aquarium at home, use materials such as:
- Plastic scraper equipped with a metal sharp blade. In the absence of it, you can replace it with regular office knives;
- Kitchen sponge;
- Special magnetic tool.
A scraper or a knife purchased in the office is convenient because it removes dirt from glass very well and quickly. If the design is made of plexiglass, this tool will not work, it will scratch it.
Magnetic tools are ideal for deep enough containers and for those that are characterized by the presence of limited upper access. The tool is suitable for modern plexiglass and eliminates the need to drain the water before cleaning.
The only drawback is the overall complexity in the process of thoroughly cleaning the corners of the container and the edges of the bottom side of the glass.
The most economical option is to use a standard washcloth, but it forces you to reach all areas with your hand while washing and also does not fit in its structure for cleaning plexiglass. An algae bloom taken off with a selected tool is not required to catch and then spend time on the harvesting process.
Little fish will have time to eat, and the rest will be removed when draining.
You can try to clean the vertical surface with a scraper. If it is not possible to purchase a special tool for cleaning the bottom of the aquarium, it is performed independently. To clean, do not need to use a regular sponge.
If the reservoir is not large in size, a regular razor, pre-fixed wire or fishing line of the desired length will do.
Specialists use for a thorough cleaning card bank, already out of use. If you do not want to wet the brushes and clothes, the card is allowed to be easily fixed to a wooden base.
This tool is very effective and does not scratch at all.
Even if your aquarium shines with cleanliness and order, green bloom on the walls will still appear. Over time, it will begin to grow and spoil the entire aesthetics of the reservoir.
To get rid of them, you need to take a scraper (with a blade or a magnetic scraper) or a sponge. If the depth of your tank is acceptable for a regular scraper, then please.
But there are cases when getting to the aquarium from the top is a big problem or its depth is very large. In this case, it is best to use a magnetic scraper. He does not scratch the glass, only if some grain of sand falls between its working surface.
The main disadvantage of such scrapers is that it is difficult to process the lower edge near the ground and the corners.
Economic washcloth can also be carried out this procedure, but if your aquarium is made of plexiglass, washcloth is better set aside. All the algal bloom that you remove from the walls you don’t need to catch from the aquarium, it will be eaten by fish or it will partially merge with the water.
In the natural environment in the ecosystem there is a large number of participants: the remains of food and fish excrement eat snails, shrimps and bacteria. But to maintain cleanliness in the aquarium, their owners will have to work hard to properly maintain the fish.
Wash aquariums should be carefully and without sudden movements. Remember, intervention in the underwater world causes stress on its inhabitants.
Ground cleaning with plants and decorative elements begins. Large pebbles, shells, houses and locks should get out and rinse under running water.
Plants and algae are carefully examined for defects. If they have yellowed or rotting leaves, they are carefully removed.
When cleaning the bottom of the aquarium, it is better to transplant plants immediately, if there is such a need.
If you clean the soil without a siphon, you can simply rinse it under running water. In this case, the fish should be transplanted into a separate container (basin, bucket).
This procedure is as follows:
- Ground comes from the aquarium.
- Poured into a bucket.
- It is washed at maximum pressure until all the dirt is washed.
- It is best to wear a rubber glove and periodically mix the soil in a bucket.
After cleaning the aquarium inside, you can begin to change the water in it. The volume of water replaced depends on the degree of contamination. As a rule, about 25% of the total amount of water is replaced.
The required amount of water for replacement should be drained to clean the soil. Water is drained using a siphon, following the instructions of the device. It is forbidden to use normal running water for replacement, it must be defended in advance.
It is recommended to pour new water on a pre-set, on a substrate a grotto or saucer, so that the water pressure does not immediately fall on the ground and not damage it.
It is not recommended to wash the internal filter together with other elements of the aquarium, since abrupt changes in the biological balance can cause significant harm to the inhabitants of the reservoir. Once a month the filter can be disassembled and washed using a toothbrush.
Cleansing manipulations should be carried out so as not to harm the beneficial bacteria that have settled on it. They should not be thoroughly washed. The filter elements are lightly washed in water from the aquarium.
If the filter has a ceramic filler, then it should not be washed more than 1 time per month.
If there is live vegetation in an artificial reservoir, then it also requires maintenance and purification. Plants can be cleaned at home, following certain rules:
- Plants do not like transplants.
- Vegetation is not treated with every harvesting manipulation.
- Spoiled and damaged leaves are cut.
- Sprouted plants must be removed so that they do not become an obstacle to the free movement of fish.
- Pruning should be as the bushes grow.
- The overgrown bushes should be thinned out so that they do not interfere with the penetration into the capacity of light.
- If it is necessary to remove a plant with a root, the manipulation is carried out as carefully as possible in order to avoid raising the turbidity from the substrate.
At the bottom of the aquarium accumulates a lot of dirt. To get rid of them, you can use the same hose with a funnel to drain the water, or you can clean it with a special pear with a rubber or glass tip, dropping it to the bottom.
It should be remembered that this is a very powerful device for removing dirt from an aquarium, therefore, you need to be careful with it so that the fish do not inadvertently suck into it.
Thus, the aquarium soil is cleaned from the remnants of food and accumulated debris. It is necessary to do cleaning carefully, it is not necessary to lower and hold the hose in one place, we collect garbage around the perimeter of the aquarium.
This procedure may require transplanting plants, since you need to clean the entire soil, and not a certain part of it.
Many people are interested: “How to clean the soil in the aquarium,” so that there is no turbidity in the water? The answer is simple – no way.
In any case, it will settle after we fill the aquarium with clean water and let it settle for a while.
In special situations when cleaning the tank, hydrogen peroxide is required. This composition may be required in such situations as:
The use of the composition will saturate the water with a large amount of oxygen. At the same time, oxidation of organic matter will be observed, a large amount of which is harmful enough for the inhabitants of the reservoir.
In order to achieve a positive effect in the process of using peroxide, it will be necessary to dilute the composition in a small container previously, in a ratio of approximately 1:15. It is categorically impossible to pour a clean pharmaceutical composition into the tank, there is a great danger of burning living inhabitants.
The solution is poured from the syringe, in a thin stream into the filter, which will gradually release it into the water and produce its beneficial effect.
After about half an hour or an hour, it will be possible to make a water change to finally remove all elements of dead organic matter that can cause rot.
If you want to thoroughly clean the usual marine tank, which is usually filled with different decorative elements, you will need to follow these rules:
- Scenery can be cleaned inside the aquarium with a stiff brush or outside with a washcloth;
- Modern washing and household cleaning products are not used;
- Be sure to remove all damaged algae crawling snails or fish. Need to get rid of eaten leaves. The plant should not complicate the movement of aquatic inhabitants;
- If you do not plan to change the water during harvesting, you need to scrub the bushes very carefully, without lifting the dregs.
To save yourself from regular and dreary weeding, it is worthwhile to have special algae fish. They will allow for a long time to maintain clean water.
If you use an additional magnet to clean the aquarium, you can get the best option for cleanliness.
If plants grow very quickly, if they acquire a brown shade, this indicates an unfavorable situation in the reservoir. Certain measures will need to be taken to effectively control lower plant species.
If you liked the video – share with friends: