maintenance, care, compatibility
To become a decoration of your home or office, the aquarium must shine clean. And the fish in such an aquarium are better, they are more active, they get sick less and live longer. Keeping an artificial reservoir clean is not so difficult, but still there are some subtleties in this business that newcomers should be aware of.
Consider the basic issues of cleaning the aquarium at home.
How to clean the aquarium – the secrets and tricks
How many articles have been written about this, how much has been said … but still people are interested in this question. Our site also has a fairly comprehensive article that HOW TO WASH THE AQUARIUM.
In this article I would like to pay attention to the ways and means of cleaning the aquarium.
So, first of all the walls (glass) of the aquarium are cleaned. This action should be carried out in the event that the walls of the aquarium rummaged, for example, green dots or brown patina.
To do this, you can use special magnetic scrubs or brushes for aquariums. Like these ones:
Such magnetic brushes for an aquarium, very well cope with their task –
in just a few seconds, all algal green and brown fouling are scrubbed off the aquarium glass
With this procedure, you must begin the procedure of cleaning any aquarium with fish. You should siphon both the surface of the soil and a little bit from the bottom. As a rule, the main waste is accumulated on the surface.
It is necessary to remove the volume that you are going to fill back in the form of separated water. Calculate this amount is not difficult, the main thing is not to forget to do it, but if you have water with a reserve, then you have nothing to worry about.
2. Clean the glass.
In fact, we want to say from our own experience – there are most problems with glasses, simply because cleaning them is too lazy … This is the hardest work – you have to work with a scraper, go through all the growths. If you do not do this when the first growths appear, then in the future it will be very difficult to cope with them, and even more so, not a single cleaner fish can cope with months-long growths.
3. Cleaning the filter.
Cleaning the filter is third on the list, because for this we need water from the aquarium so that we can wash the filter parts and rinse the sponges in it. It is better if it is the water that you drain off last, so that it contains as little turbidity and sediment as possible.
After washing the filter in this water, you collect it and put it back.
4. Fill the separated water in the aquarium.
When all the so-called dirty work on the proper cleaning of the aquarium with fish is done, we have only a little left – to fill in clean water. This should be the water that you defended during the week in a special container.
Only after the water is poured, you can turn on the filter, as well as lighting.
5. Add vitamins.
Also, if required, you can add any vitamins for fish to the aquarium. It can also be a means for water, as well as algae control.
In general, such means are better to be poured, either with the new separated water, so that they immediately spread throughout the entire volume, or to fill them in the area of water release from the filter.
First of all, it is necessary to clean to remove the remnants of food, livelihoods of fish and other inhabitants. These products settle at the bottom, accumulate there, if they are not removed in a timely manner, they can cause deterioration of water quality.
And the quality of water in an aquarium, as you know, directly affects the health and longevity of your pets.
Of course, if you have live plants in the aquarium with a developed root system, then they will be able to process all the remnants of food, fish, etc., very well.
The frequency of cleaning the aquarium is determined primarily by the number of pets, the presence of plants, filters, etc. The average frequency with which it is optimal to carry out cleaning with a siphon bottom – once a week. If you are new to the aquarium business, then this indicator will suit you best.
The second question is what to clean! Siphon – once a week is necessary in almost all aquariums with fish. But you can clean the filter at different intervals.
For example, if you have an internal filter installed, it will be optimal for it to also clean the sponges once a week. For an external filter, such a procedure can be done every few months.
Depending on the model and the number of fish in the aquarium, cleaning can occur with a frequency of once every 2-3 months.
Caring for an aquarium is like cleaning the house, the same simple rules for staying healthy and clean and regular. In this article you will learn how to properly care for a home aquarium, what important things there are and how often to do it. Why do you need to siphon the ground?
What cleaners can I use? How to wash the sponge filter? Why and how to change the water in the aquarium?
You will find answers to these and other questions.
Care of the filter – as part of a wash filter?
The sponge inside the filter should be rinsed regularly to avoid clogging and reducing the flow of water that it can pass through. But note that the old and dirty sponge is more effective than the one just bought.
The fact is that the beneficial bacteria that turn toxic substances into neutral, live just on the surface of the sponge, in this very dirt. But, if the sponge gets too dirty, it starts to let in much less water.
The amount of oxygen necessary for bacteria decreases, and they begin to die.
Therefore, the sponge of the internal filter, which is small in power, must be cleaned every two weeks. The internal filter, which is much more powerful pump and more useful volume, is not clogged so quickly.
It is possible to clean the sponge of the internal filter no more than once a month, for some models even more.
The internal filter also has other materials that have a shorter lifetime. So, filters with activated carbon need to be changed once a month, otherwise they accumulate dirt and begin to give it back.
Filters of primary cleaning (dense white fabric which the first takes water in itself), it is better to change every two weeks, but it depends on the aquarium itself.
The biological filter, which is usually made in the form of ceramic or plastic balls, should be washed monthly. Please note that it is enough just to rinse, rather than bring to the factory state.
To preserve the biological balance in the aquarium, experts recommend the following scheme of care for the aquarium.
- feeding and inspection of fish. Feeding should be moderate, it is necessary to ensure that the fish ate all the food for the time set for each type of fish. Feed particles should not fall to the ground, as this may lead to the growth of bacteria. During feeding, you should count the fish, watch their behavior, make sure there are no signs of disease.
- check the tightness of the aquarium and the health of the instruments. The difference in water temperature at the ground and on the surface should not exceed three degrees, otherwise the heater should be checked. If the water becomes cloudy, check the operation of the filters, if necessary, increase the capacity or replace it.
- inspect the algae and plants, if necessary, remove damaged leaves and excess.
- clean cover glass, aquarium walls and plant leaves. If necessary, the plants should be thinned, fertilized under the roots, the excess algae should be removed, the soil should be siphoned.
- measure water readings, PH, KH, DH. Make a water change from 20 to 30%. To do this, use only dechlorinated water.
- clean the filter.
A good filter will partially remove the waste from the aquarium, but still most of it will settle in the ground. Fish waste and food residues settle in the ground and rot and disturb the balance, stimulating the growth of algae.
In order to prevent stagnation and soil rotting, it is necessary to clean it using a special device – a soil siphon. Siphons may vary in size, shape and functionality, but the principle is the same.
Siphon for soil uses the principle of water flow.
The pressure of the water washes away the light parts from the ground, and the heavy parts settle back. The result is very useful – all the dirt goes with the flow of water, the ground is clean, the water is cleaner, the growth of algae is reduced.
Since the use of a siphon for soil requires a large amount of water, it is reasonable to carry out cleaning along with a partial substitution. That is, instead of simply draining a part of the water, you clean the soil and thereby achieve two goals at once.
For herbalists, the cleaning of the soil can only be carried out superficially, since not everywhere can it be reached. But they are much more harmful substances decomposed by the plants themselves, and silted soil contributes to good plant growth.
INTERNAL FILTER FOR AQUARIUM AND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT.
EXTERNAL FILTER FOR THE AQUARIUM AND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT.
CURBSTONE UNDER THE AQUARIUM AND EVERYTHING THAT IT IS NECESSARY TO KNOW ABOUT IT.
Perhaps, any owner of the aquarium will agree that cleaning the aquarium is a very important, necessary and responsible event. The main objective of cleaning the aquarium is to maintain the natural habitat for fish, and, of course, the aesthetic beauty of the aquarium itself.
If you are faced with this issue for the first time – do not worry, this is nothing complicated. Simple tips will tell you how to properly clean the aquarium without making the special costs of calling biologists and special tools.
You will learn how to clean your artificial body of excess pollution and give it a healthy look.
Water purification will help refresh the water and remove all accumulated harmful substances for fish. In order not to expose the inhabitants of the aquarium to abrupt water changes, it is necessary to partially replace the water 1-2 times a week, and after cleaning the soil 25% of the total volume of the aquarium.
Water for substitution should be settled for 2-3 days.
If the aquarium is not covered, a film may form on the surface of the water. This is also an important process in cleaning. You can remove it using a sheet of paper, the size of the surface of the aquarium.
Holding the sheet by the edges, it is necessary to dip it horizontally into the water, and then, slowly, lift it along with this film. If necessary, repeat the procedure several times.
It is very important not to forget about the aquarium filter during complex cleaning of the aquarium. As a rule, the filter elements of the filter are made of foam rubber, and in order to clean them, rinse them thoroughly under running warm water.
And the mechanism itself during disassembly can be cleaned with a toothbrush or sponge.
Now you know the best way to clean an aquarium without harming its inhabitants. Needless to say how proper cleaning will prolong life and improve the health of the fish?
After all, what could be more beautiful than the happy inhabitants and the happy, bewitched views of their owners.
To begin with, we would like to consider aquarium care errors that you can avoid, unlike many novice aquarists. Many are trying to do everything either at random, or later that they heard from their friends how to properly …
Even a small mistake can seriously throw you back on the results, because, as you know, spoiling something is much easier than creating anew. That is why we have prepared for you a list of the most common mistakes in aquarism.
And also, we will help you avoid them, as well as cope with them, if they still could not get around your home aquarium:
- soil washing
- replacement of all water
- shutdown lighting for a long time
- turn off the filter at night
- easy access to the aquarium for children
How often should the aquarium be cleaned often :: aquarium fish cleaning aquarium :: aquarium fish
It is almost impossible to create an ideal environment in a homemade artificial pond in which the aquarium would not have to be washed and cleaned at all. Of course, the snails and some other inhabitants partially cope with the pollution that has appeared, but a moment comes when the owner’s help cannot be dispensed with.
And here it is important to determine the optimal frequency of cleaning water house.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. Clean the aquarium depends on its volume, because if your pond is less than 60 liters, then it will have to be cleaned quite often. At the initial stage, the cause of heavy pollution may be the absence of normal microflora in the aquarium, this indicates its incorrect start. In this case, you can use special preparations that allow you to quickly populate the bacteria in the home water.
If your aquarium is small, then you need to clean it as needed, it all depends on the specific conditions and well-being of aquatic inhabitants. Very small aquariums of 10-15 liters are usually cleaned once a week.
2. Cleaning the aquarium involves bleaching the scenery, washing artificial plants and, of course, removing plaque from the walls. Regarding water, regardless of the time of general cleaning, it is partially necessary to replace it approximately once every one or two weeks. If you think that the aquarium has to be cleaned too often, then try to reduce the amount of food.
It is possible that the aquarium filter does not cope with the number of inhabitants and the volume of water, in this case it is worth replacing it or installing an additional one.
3. Consider that the more inhabitants fall on the volume of your aquarium, the more often it has to be cleaned, therefore it is not recommended to densely populate the home water body. In addition, you risk losing your pets. Not all types of aquarium fish are able to adapt to frequent water changes and cleaning the aquarium.
Remember that with the right microflora, a month usually replaces no more than one third of the total water volume.
4. In general, if the volume of the aquarium is more than 100 liters, then it has to be cleaned quite rarely. If a large aquarium is equipped with all the necessary equipment, then it needs general cleaning no more than once a month. Usually this procedure is limited to removing plaque from the walls using a special magnetic sponge.
Sometimes during a partial water change, aquarists remove dirt from the bottom using a small hose with a pear at the end, but often the filters and the aquatic inhabitants themselves cope with this problem.
5. If you often have to clean a large-volume aquarium, this indicates an error in its content. Today there are special services and consultants on issues related to aquariums. Turning to a specialist, you can find out the causes of pollution.
Remember that the condition of your fish and plants directly depends on the state of the microflora in the aquarium.
Remember that too frequent replacement of water – stress for fish and plants, and if you have to completely change it, then there can be no question of stabilizing the microflora in the aquarium.
If you notice a brown fleecy plaque on the walls and plants, this indicates an invasion of brown algae, cleaning the aquarium is almost useless, you need to deal with the cause of the problem.
How to clean the bottom of the aquarium :: aquarium cleaning fish :: aquarium fish
Many lovers of aquarium fish wonder why they even need to clean bottom at aquarium, because nobody in natural waters bottom it does not clean specially, plants grow well and fish swim merrily. The fact is that aquariums have a small volume compared to natural reservoirs, fish emit feces, and the remnants of the food that is not eaten by them fall on bottom and begin to rot, spoiling the water and giving the green light for the development of pathogenic microbes that can have a detrimental effect on both the fish themselves and the aquarium plants.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. To clean the bottom there are special filters, however, they do not perform their duties well. Until now, the best and effective way to clean the bottom aquarium is siphon cleaning. ABOUTbottom of these devices you see in the picture on the left.
Siphon consists of a flexible ribbed hose with abottomwhich side is a pear, and on the other hand a plastic expander with a bottom mesh at the end, so that during the cleaning process of the bottom aquarium In the siphon did not accidentally sucked some “gaping” fish! Before cleaning bottom, remove carefully from aquarium large stones, as well as plants without roots, which pressed these stones to the bottom and did not allow them to float, then clean the wall with a special scraper aquarium.
When the dirt, scraped from the walls, sinks to bottom, lower the siphon into the aquarium, not forgetting to put an empty bucket below the water level. Having pressed a pear several times, suck the water into the siphon.
This creates a constant flow of water and now it remains only to drive a hose along the bottom aquarium and between the stones, draining all the dirt through the hose into the bucket. In this procedure, for better cleaning of the bottom, slightly move the soil pebbles with the end of the hose.
When heavily contaminated, it is sometimes necessary to remove the siphon aquarium,to clean the expander mesh, clogged with dirt.
2. If there is no special siphon for cleaning the aquarium bottom at hand, it can easily be replaced by a regular rubber hose. In this case, the water intake is done either with the help of an ordinary rubber pear, or, in the absence of such, the mouth is made in the mouth, much like motorists pour gasoline. However, in this case, it is necessary to do the suction very quickly, so as not to swallow inadvertently aquarium water.
In addition, it is necessary to ensure that the fish, especially the smallest, do not suck in the bucket through the hose. This can not only scare the fish, but also injure them, especially those who are proud of their large and beautiful fins and tails!
Especially often sucks slower fish, such as guppies.
3. And of course, every day after feeding the fish, remove the remnants of food that they have not eaten. Usually this is done by the simplest device, which is a glass tube with a rubber bulb at the end, extending along the length to the bottom. aquarium. If you use dry food for feeding fish, then remove their residues from aquarium as soon as the fish ate and moved away from the trough.
Feed drops on bottom, usually in aboutbottomm and the same place – under the aquarium feeder. Remove the feeder so that it does not bother you, lower the glass tube to the bottom, sucking the rest of the food with a pear.
If you do not do it in time, then in an hour the aquarium water can become cloudy, as dry food is an excellent food for millions of bacteria that begin to multiply in geometric progress.
4. Clean the aquarium bottom thorough at least aboutbottomth times a month, while pouring no more than 30% of water. Merged water is replaced by fresh, separated and necessarily the same temperature as the main water in the aquarium.
And remember that maintaining cleanliness in the aquarium is the key to the health of your pets!