maintenance, care, compatibility
How to clean and wash the aquarium: the rules, methods, video examples
Wash and clean the aquarium in emergency situations – after illness and treatment of fish
When cleaning the aquarium every week, the following procedure should be strictly followed:
1. Get the equipment: filter, aeration, thermostat. Everything is washed, put aside.
2. If necessary, the care and cutting of plants.
3. Clean the walls of the aquarium. Sponge or special scrapers wipers.
4. If necessary, siphon soil. It is not necessary to clean the soil weekly, especially if there are live plants in the aquarium.
5. Only after that the water is replaced: the old water is drained and freshly added is added.
6. Install the equipment back cleaned.
Do not forget to clean the aquarium cover and the lamps from the inside at least once a month.
After all the manipulations, the aquarium is wiped with a dry cloth, stains can be removed with a window cleaner.
Observing the above simple rules the process of washing an aquarium will not be difficult and tedious, and the result will be as efficient as possible.
Useful video, how to clean and wash the aquarium
How to clean an aquarium :: a large or small aquarium is easier to clean :: Household :: Other
Muddy water and the walls of the aquarium, covered with greenish mucus – a very unattractive sight, which has a negative effect on the fish living in it. Water must always be clean, for this you need to learn how to properly and promptly carry out cleaning in the aquarium.
The question “How can you properly breed geese?” – 1 answer
- – scraper or sponge;
- – scissors;
- – hose with a funnel;
- – bucket.
1. Start cleaning the aquarium with glass cleaning. You can perform this manipulation using a special scraper, sponge, nylon washcloth or a simple razor blade.
An excellent effect is provided by cleaning the walls of the aquarium with a glass fiber kitchen sponge (in no case use a sponge that was intended for other purposes). It is advisable to turn off all electrical appliances in the aquarium.
If the vessel consists of plexiglass, then it is better to use a nylon washcloth or sponge for cleaning, harder materials will leave scratches.
2. When the glass is cleaned, remove the yellowed and rotted leaves on the plants with scissors. Transplant plants do if necessary. You can not touch the plants that form the bush for four to six months after planting.
When carrying out these manipulations in the water forms dregs, wait about ten minutes, so that it settles completely to the bottom. Carefully clean the leaves of plants with suspended particles from organic matter.
3. Now you can safely proceed to the cleaning of the soil, for this purpose, use a hose with a funnel at the end. By the way, there are a large number of special devices used for this purpose. With savings, you can create it yourself at home.
You will need a flexible hose, put a watering can on its end. Lower the end of the hose with a watering can to the bottom, press it to the ground and suck water through the other end (as some drivers do to drain gasoline), send a stream of water into the prepared bucket. Dirty water rush there current.
Rearrange the funnel around the plants, removing excess organic matter, drain some of the water.
4. During the cleaning procedure, keep an eye on the volume of drainage water, it should not exceed one fifth of the total volume of the aquarium. Make a mark on the side wall of the aquarium. Then add fresh water, which is recommended to defend in advance (the experience of the club aquarists shows that you can pour water directly from the tap).
Partial replacement of water reduces the concentration of substances that are not processed by plants and do not decompose. It should also be noted that small fish should receive trace elements dissolved in water for normal development, in natural bodies of water they are washed out of the ground rocks, and can only get into the aquarium with fresh water.
5. Cleaning the aquarium with a partial replacement of water should be done regularly – about once a week. If the volume of the aquarium exceeds two hundred liters – then once every two weeks.
Small aquariums for twenty to thirty liters of water will have to be cleaned twice a week.
It is almost impossible to create an ideal environment in a homemade artificial pond in which the aquarium would not have to be washed and cleaned at all. Of course, the snails and some other inhabitants partially cope with the pollution that has appeared, but a moment comes when the owner’s help cannot be dispensed with.
And here it is important to determine the optimal frequency of cleaning water house.
1. Clean the aquarium depends on its volume, because if your pond is less than 60 liters, then it will have to be cleaned quite often. At the initial stage, the cause of heavy pollution may be the absence of normal microflora in the aquarium, this indicates its incorrect start. In this case, you can use special preparations that allow you to quickly populate the bacteria in the home water.
If your aquarium is small, then you need to clean it as needed, it all depends on the specific conditions and well-being of aquatic inhabitants. Very small aquariums of 10-15 liters are usually cleaned once a week.
2. Cleaning the aquarium involves bleaching the scenery, washing artificial plants and, of course, removing plaque from the walls. Regarding water, regardless of the time of general cleaning, it is partially necessary to replace it approximately once every one or two weeks. If you think that the aquarium has to be cleaned too often, then try to reduce the amount of food.
It is possible that the aquarium filter does not cope with the number of inhabitants and the volume of water, in this case it is worth replacing it or installing an additional one.
3. Consider that the more inhabitants fall on the volume of your aquarium, the more often it has to be cleaned, therefore it is not recommended to densely populate the home water body. In addition, you risk losing your pets.
Not all types of aquarium fish are able to adapt to frequent water changes and cleaning the aquarium. Remember that with the right microflora, a month usually replaces no more than one third of the total water volume.
4. In general, if the volume of the aquarium is more than 100 liters, then it has to be cleaned quite rarely. If a large aquarium is equipped with all the necessary equipment, then it needs general cleaning no more than once a month. Usually this procedure is limited to removing plaque from the walls using a special magnetic sponge.
Sometimes during a partial water change, aquarists remove dirt from the bottom using a small hose with a pear at the end, but often the filters and the aquatic inhabitants themselves cope with this problem.
5. If you often have to clean a large-volume aquarium, this indicates an error in its content. Today there are special services and consultants on issues related to aquariums.
Turning to a specialist, you can find out the causes of pollution. Remember that the condition of your fish and plants directly depends on the state of the microflora in the aquarium.
Remember that too frequent replacement of water – stress for fish and plants, and if you have to completely change it, then there can be no question of stabilizing the microflora in the aquarium.
If you notice a brown fleecy plaque on the walls and plants, this indicates an invasion of brown algae, cleaning the aquarium is almost useless, you need to deal with the cause of the problem.
Black scurf on plants can appear as a result of infection with the so-called “black beard”. This is a dark brown alga, which covers the leaf plates of plants, soil, glass and decorations. Thin threads of dark shade on plants does not look aesthetically pleasing.
Blackbeard can damage the plant, causing it to fade quickly.
The alga is rapidly spreading, and it is hard to fight it. Some chemical means and dimming of the light can give a partial result, but do not eliminate the root of the problem.
For the destruction of the beard need to include comprehensive measures. The first thing to do is regularly update the water, from 10 to 25% of the total volume of the aquarium.
There should be no nitrates and phosphates in the water; make measurements with indicators before pouring into the aquarium.
The second procedure, which will help to eliminate black scurf in the aquarium, is to clean the soil from the remnants of food, to clean the dead leaves of plants. Next, you should increase the power of lighting up to 1 W per liter of water, turn on the light for 12 hours.
Additional help will be provided by some species of snails and fish that can clean the aquarium from algae and their livelihoods.
It is important to control the proportions of the feed: if you give the fish more food, then the non-eaten remains will dissolve, the level of ammonia in the water will increase. You can plant in the ground fast-growing plant species that absorb nutrients well.
The first sign that the alga dies off – changing its color to faded. Over time, the affected beard will disappear.
The universal remedy for aquarium black beard is on sale – it is JBL Algol. It in a few days will destroy fouling that formed on the surfaces.
To make the drug in the tank according to the instructions.
It is considered to be completely impossible to remove from the aquarium a dark bloom in the form of a black beard, but there are a number of additional measures that will help reduce its growth. The main thing is not to settle a lot of fish in a close tank.
To oppress the beard, you can use the supply of CO2 (carbon dioxide). In order to avoid infection by this pest, when buying a plant, carefully inspect its stalks and leaves.
The slightest swaying of black beard hairs and brushes when moving or submerging in water indicates that it is impossible to buy a plant.
If conservative methods of dealing with black bloom do not help, then serious measures should be taken:
- Transfer the fish to another, previously prepared aquarium.
- Pull out all the plants along with the ground.
- Rinse the soil thoroughly under water, then boil it or calcined in an oven at 300 degrees Celsius.
- The aquarium walls should be washed and wiped with cotton wool dipped in potassium permanganate solution, then washed several times with glass.
- Start the aquarium again, having examined all the plants. Affected areas of the plant can be removed. Or take their uninfected shoots, re-plant in a separate container and grow.
- It is better to plant new and healthy plants in the newly launched aquarium.
See how to get rid of black beard.
There are so-called “biological” ways of dealing with harmful algae.
- Reduce the number of fish in the tank, you can distribute them to different aquariums.
- Turn off filtration and aeration. After that, the remaining organic matter in the water gets on the black beard tassels.
- If snails live in the aquarium, they should be removed immediately. The fact is that on their shells a beard feels fine. Reinfestation of the aquarium may occur. You need to take melang from the aquarium at night, when the snails crawl and sit on the aquarium walls.
- Temporarily do not feed fish with dry feed. During the fight against parasitic alga, do not give your pets even branded feed in the form of flakes or tablets. It is advisable at this time to feed them with live, washed food (bloodworms, pipeworm, pipe worker), or frozen daphnia. Portions should be such that the fish eat them in 3-5 minutes.